ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sock_Monkey
    Original poster 535 posts

@adrian-11 Must be a setting that has the damage numbers cascade like that. On mine they shoot out in random directions. I think the cascading effect makes it a little easier to follow in order.

• Adrian-11
    897 posts

@sock_monkey

Yes, there is a setting to change how the damage numbers are displayed...Something with "floating" or such, I don't really remember, I will have to check.

• Sock_Monkey

@adrian-11 Yeah, I found it. Funny, I liked that display more for a while, but when I saw videos assumed it was because it was on console. It only took me ~2 years to figure it out. 🙂

• Sock_Monkey

BTW, what would anyone's second choice (weapon) for this build be?

I have a Sig MPX that has a good roll for CHC and CHD, but I am still working on optimizing it.

LD is awesome, but that small clip and reload time can be a killer.

• ModalThread611
    145 posts

@sock_monkey This has been one of the meta builds in pvp for a long time. Except with a coyote mask and matador backpack or the extra CHD. 1.5 LD build is a go to in many up close scenarios. Good luck though getting the right pieces to roll to blues. You can get raid exotics easier than those pieces. RNG for those is bay far the worst and most difficult to get in game. The RNG was made worse for pieces that should roll to what there main core is. They did not fix anything.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@sock_monkey Banshee has the best sustained DPS of the SMGs, Vector [Tac, then .45] has the best burst.

• Oatiecrumble
    660 posts

Myself i would go for:

1 x Coyote's Mask
    1 x Fox's Prayer
    1 x Contractors Gloves
    2 x Sokolov
    1 x Ceska
    1 x Grupo

4 x Blue with CHC/CHD
    2 x Red with CHC/CHD

Lady Death with: Intimidate & Adrenaline Rush ☺

• ModalThread611
    145 posts

@oatiecrumble Ceska? There would be no need for ceska with an SMG. Unless it's a hazard build.

• Oatiecrumble
    660 posts
    @oatiecrumble Ceska? There would be no need for ceska with an SMG. Unless it's a hazard build.

It was of the top of my head, i ain't checked how much CHC it would have with what i said, if it hits 60% without Ceska than i would remove Ceska for something else.

p.s My thoughts is for PVE not PVP....don't really do PVP.....not that it really matters.

If anything i would change it too:

1 x Coyote's Mask
    1 x Fox's Prayer
    1 x Contractors Gloves
    2 x Sokolov or 1 x Sokolov with 1 x Walker & Harris Matador backpack
    1 x Grupo

4 x Blue with CHC/CHD
    2 x Red with CHC/CHD

Lady Death with: Intimidate & Adrenaline Rush or Perfect Adrenaline Rush

• Oatiecrumble
    660 posts

@Sock_Monkey slight variation to your build but have come up with this, works great in close combat, don't really like it in CP's:

• Sock_Monkey

@oatiecrumble Hard to tell what is different from the overview.

BTW, I started using an MPX with max damage/CHC/CHD and In Sync on it. It doesn't have nearly the burst power of the Lady Death, but it's better at sustained damaged (51 rounds in a clip), and with In Sync the first clip (after deplying a shield) is pretty strong.

• Oatiecrumble
    660 posts

@Sock_Monkey

The only slight differences is:

Less armor
    Coyote Mask
    Walker Backpack with Perfect Andrenaline Rush
    Improvised Holster

Apart from that it's the same.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@oatiecrumble does the extra 12% CHD on the Improvised piece provide more benefit than 5%DtA from using W&H instead? At least when it comes to Veterans/Elites?

• Sock_Monkey

@oatiecrumble Interesting. I also have a fully-optimized Improvised Holster, configured for max armor, CHC and CHD. I may try it in place of the Sokolov, which gives the 10% SMG damage.

I am also working on a variant that may have UNbreakable on chest, but am still busy optimizing my Devil's Due backpack. I have mixed feelings about Clutch - even the perfect variant on this backpack, but want to try it out just the same.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@sock_monkey If you are using an SMG - do not swap the Sokolov for an Improvised. 12%CD < 10% SMG Dmg.

Only swap if it's a non-SMG build.

• Oatiecrumble
    660 posts

@LateNiteDelight @Sock_Monkey everything i have on this build is based on what i have in my stash, i would change it around a bit if i had the right stats, quite difficult to get the right rolls and change weapon damage too armor.

• Sock_Monkey

@latenitedelight Agreed. I played around in the shooting range and there was no comparison.

Out of curiosity: I know the range has an "inflict damage" button. Has anyone played with this to see how it interacts with bonus armor, etc.? It would be nice to have a way to calculate your own TTD with various mods vs. TTK, which you can kinda do with the shooting range.

• Sock_Monkey

At the risk of being poo-pooed for "necro-ing" and old(er) thread, I have been tweaking and massaging this build for some time.

My latest adjustments: I did swap in a Coyote's Mask early on, even while still running the SMG variation. The armor drop to 1.3M hurt a little, but In Sync sometimes helps out in close-up combat.

More recently: I swapped the holster out for a Fodral holster (+10% AR damage instead of the SMG), the backpack for a Matador (+5% weapon damage, +15% weapon damage, +max CHC and +max CHD), and the SMG for a Famas with AR damage (of course) and In Sync on the talent, +Health damage and +damage to target out of cover. All mods are +CHC or CHD and everything is fully optimized. My overall CHC is 56%, CHD 136%.

My armor is the same 1.3M, though technically I get a 3% boost from the named variant of Adrenaline Rush on the Matador - assuming the baddies are close enough.

But boy, with all the boosts to weapon damage and CHC/CHD that Famas spits fire. More than once I managed to survive being surprise attacked from behind by a rogue, turn around and kill him.

This is (by far) my best DZ farming build yet. Not sure how much more I can improve it. (?)

• Sock_Monkey

EDIT: It turns out I could make a tweak to it, and with gear I already had. I was trying to find a way to get rid of the +max health I had in that chest and found that I already had a fully optimized Harnesk chest with max weapon damage/CHC/CHD and Intimidate on it. Perfect!

It replaced the max armor on chest with max weapon damage, but as this piece was from the same brand set as the Fodral holster (with base talent of +10% AR damage) I was able to swap the holster with an Improvised holster, which had max armor/CHC/CHD on it - plus another mod slot.

The end results of this swapping was identical armor, identical base weapon damage, identical CHC, but a drop of 18,935 on Health (not sure that means anything) and a gain of 9% on CHD. So less health but more critical hit damage.

At this point it's only tiny tweaks to improvement, but from my experience this is more gain than loss, as I'm not convinced Health has any value in this game.

• Viking_Jarl
    98 posts

@sock_monkey

Explain "insta-melt"

Cause the way i look on the pictures it seem quite normal!

Suggested Topics