ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• JamesLogan491
    Original poster 139 posts

It is incredibly frustrating to spend 40 minutes to an hour on a river raid just for Eivor to fall through the map or get catapulted into orbit and losing all the progress.

At this point it is obvious that fixing the game is not something Ubisoft is capable of, so at least give us the option to save on River Raids.

“Oh but saving defats the challenge of RR”

That is BS, there is no challenge on River Raids or anywhere else on this game. River Raids are the only end game activity so at least let us circumvent the damage caused by glitches by saving and not losing almost an hour of gameplay.

Arguably, the only challenge in this game resides on the Mastery Challenges, so keep in mind that as frustrating as some of those were, at least they were multiple quick runs that you could save in between.

I wish the dev team would see the RR for what they are, a gameplay loop, not a challenge. The challenge is to keep playing when you lose a one hour run to a glitch.
    If they realize that, there is a small chance of RR becoming more rewarding in regards to silver, the most important resource since it is literally the currency to acquire other resource you might need. And by letting us save during a long RR run in order to avoid glitches.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3421 posts

Hello @jameslogan491 ,

Thank you for reaching out to us with this, I'm sorry to hear you've been falling through the map!

Is this always at the same point / time frame into River Raids or can it still be quite random?

The team are looking into similar reports already, but we'd like to pass your report on too if you could please capture a clip demonstrating this for us to forward to them?

Thank you!

Official Response
  • As1r0nimo
    354 posts

@ubi-theberry
    Good day
    it's a common bug When Eivor Start moving. These teleportations or rocket jump in Space doesn't happen when you're already running. But on the start....

Happened to during mastery challenges and basic roaming.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4331 posts

Hi @as1r0nimo thanks for your post.

As Ubi-theberry mentioned the development team are already looking into similar reports.

We have created megathreads for the following issues that are being investigated:

Eivor will sometimes teleport nearby (No Desynchronization)
    Eivor sometimes flies up to the sky and causes a desynchronization

We also have another thread where a player fell through the map in a River Raid:

[Bug / Glitch] River Rhine Fall under map

@JamesLogan491 Can you confirm if that's the same River Raid map that you experienced issues with and if it was in the same location?

Official Response
  • VeelarU69
    1 posts
    Hello @jameslogan491 ,

Thank you for reaching out to us with this, I'm sorry to hear you've been falling through the map!

Is this always at the same point / time frame into River Raids or can it still be quite random?

The team are looking into similar reports already, but we'd like to pass your report on too if you could please capture a clip demonstrating this for us to forward to them?

Thank you!

In my case, it happens rather frequently; I don’t remember falling on old maps, yet it happens rather often (I mean really often) on new maps, especially on Irish ones.

UPD: important note, it happens usually if you use some ability that make your character move (Valkyrie leap, in particular)

if the devs cannot fix it, let they at least make the death resulted from falling into textures doesn’t result in desync and loss of all the RR progress.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

@veelaru69 Hi there!

Thank you for letting us know these additional details. Sorry to hear you're seeing Eivor desynchronize quite frequently on both new and old maps.

Your feedback on this issue has been taken on board. If you have any further details to add to your report, or the bug develops for you at all, could you please post your findings here:
    Eivor sometimes flies up to the sky and causes a desynchronization

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Official Response
  • JamesLogan491

@ubi-theberry @Ubi-Keo
    I'm sorry for the late reply, I was without access to my PC for over a week.

It is indeed random, as pointed out by @As1r0nimo, it happens due to the small teleportations Eivor does when he/she starts moving. They are more noticeable if there is some small obstacle like a rock or bucket that interferes with the animation causing the teleportation to occur over longer distances.

This causes Eivor's character model to simply teleport forward but sometimes it means getting into a softlock situation, stuck in a wall, swimming below the map it if happens near a body of water (in a River Raid this means forcing the player to restart their game since no fast travel is allowed).
    Sometimes this teleportation can cause Eivor's physics to mess up (I'm guessing if the teleportation results in a collision with another object) and he/she gets catapulted into the sky, or Eivor might just teleport below the map and fall. In either case the result is death (once again, in a River Raid this means losing all progress).

I've already recorded and screenshot a lot for Ubisoft on other bugs, I'm sure the dev team has plenty of evidence of the glitch already.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@jameslogan491 Thank you for your reply and thank you for the additional information. Can you add this information to the link posted above by Ubi-Nacho please?

Thank you.

• Beetlebum8
    10 posts

@jameslogan491 Any updates on this? I'm having the same issue on Xbox Series X, and I can't get through a river raid. I'm putting the game aside until there is a fix.

• JamesLogan491

@beetlebum8 I have no update for you on this. Unfortunately I've pretty much given up on this game, I still play it sometimes but there is no incentive to do River Raids anymore, not since they nerfed the traders in Francia. There is nothing to spend the silver earned on those raids anymore.

Suggested Topics