ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Wild-Recon
    Original poster 9 posts

I have played all Far Cry games and liked each of them. Even New Dawn which, in my opinion, wasn't a good game. But I had hope that developers make correct decisions from New Dawn bad sales and I have pre-ordered Premium edition of Far Cry 6. Game was relesed, I have played 7 and a half hours and I have been seriously disappointed.

1. Enemy weapons. Why weapons disappears after I kill enemy? Why I can't pick up weapons from the enemy I just killed like in previous games in the series? I play as a rebel who need to make weapons from scraps and at the same time you forbid me to pick up guns of the enemy I just killed?! WHY???
    2. Amigos. Small animals can't sit in the car like they did in New Dawn. In the end they are useless because when you ride in a car and encounter an enemy - animal companion, croc for example, is just fell behind. And when it catches up with player - player is already killed all enemies by himself. WHY???
    3. No Guns For Hire. I play as a part of the rebel group and can't take 1-2 soldiers with me? And here is a problem: I can't drive a car when NPC mans the turret. I can't get in the turret with MG and set a waypoint so NPC would drive vehile while I shoot like in FC5 or New Dawn. And in FC6 there are tanks available which is good, but now Dani operates tank all by himself. You already had this great system in FC5 and it is really needed in FC6, but you have removed it!!! WHY???
    4. Mandatory 3rd person. I just can't understand why developers added 3rd person cutscenes and base exploration? Constant switching from 1rst to 4rd person is annoying, disorienting and breaks immersion. Great first person cutscenes were excellent in the previous games in the series, but in FC6 3rd person cutscenes looks very bad. But worse than cutscenes is mandatory switching to 3rd person when Dani enters the base. WHY?! If I wanted 3rd person game - I would have got The Divison, For Honor, Ghost Recon or Assassin's Creed. But I have bought FIRST-PERSON game, so why you switch it to 3RD PERSON in some portions? Moreover, since the game was developed for the first-person view, the third-person parts are very uncomfortable in the control and behavior of the character! WHY???

Overall, game feels like a huge step back. Yes, there are some new cool features like Dani starts singing when riding in the car with radio. But overall game feels like simplified and cut version of Far Cry 5 with a lot of cool features removed (enemy weapons which player can pick, Guns For Hire, First-Person cutscenes and gameplay and so on). Very disappointed. One of the worst games in the series.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Kamikaze-TMX
    12 posts

@wild-recon have you noticed that the enemy AI sucks too? i shoot with sniper on dog with soldier next to it they just stand there and can kill everything and they just say, huh who shoot there and nothing happend.. i did that when the game just started i did go instantly to the rank 4 area died a few times but by doing that i saw how bad the AI was... so when i know how they reacted i killed every1 grabbed the tank and go killing every1... was the most easiest AI enemy's i came along. even farcry the first game enemy's werent that dumb 😛 . Ow and i did the non story mode so i expected to be harder but it was [censored] easy... so then the story mode difficelty will SUUUUUPPPPEEERRR easy lol.

• rickidoo2010
    148 posts

@wild-recon I could not disagree more with you, unless you added to the end of the title "for me". Because we all have different play styles and difference interests. For me, I am loving it - the realism, the AI, the quality of the scenery. As another example of what's not good for one may be good for others - the 3rd person cut scenes... I find them WAY more compelling then seeing every cut scene from the eyes of the protagonist.

So I'm not suggesting FC 6 should be a great game for you, but it is a great game for me... and many others. There are bugs and refinements to be made post launch of course... but I have not found anything yet that was an enjoyment killer.

Take care and hope it grows on you.

• Wild-Recon
    Original poster 9 posts

@kamikaze-tmx yes, AI feels like it was seriously downgraded in comparison with FC5.

@rickidoo2010 Why I should add something in the end if I named this thread "In my opinion, FC6 is a huge step back and very disappointing expirience"? )))))))))))

• rickidoo2010
    148 posts

@wild-recon ah... while the english may be awkward if the phrase "in my opinion" is left there... it still has the same meaning: You were offering an opinion on the FC game experience in general. Starting it with "in my opinion", doesn't change that.

I wasn't trying to nic pick your grammer, I was just trying to make a point that while the game might not be your cup of tea, it certainly is mine... and from what I see... many others.

• hallowedsoul08
    1 posts

My only issue is that lack of manual saving and quick saving, that's what I dislike about this game in the first place.

2nd issue is this is the same formula over and over and congrats are introducing severe burn out of the series.

• leroy198532
    32 posts
    I have played all Far Cry games and liked each of them. Even New Dawn which, in my opinion, wasn't a good game. But I had hope that developers make correct decisions from New Dawn bad sales and I have pre-ordered Premium edition of Far Cry 6. Game was relesed, I have played 7 and a half hours and I have been seriously disappointed.

1. Enemy weapons. Why weapons disappears after I kill enemy? Why I can't pick up weapons from the enemy I just killed like in previous games in the series? I play as a rebel who need to make weapons from scraps and at the same time you forbid me to pick up guns of the enemy I just killed?! WHY???
    2. Amigos. Small animals can't sit in the car like they did in New Dawn. In the end they are useless because when you ride in a car and encounter an enemy - animal companion, croc for example, is just fell behind. And when it catches up with player - player is already killed all enemies by himself. WHY???
    3. No Guns For Hire. I play as a part of the rebel group and can't take 1-2 soldiers with me? And here is a problem: I can't drive a car when NPC mans the turret. I can't get in the turret with MG and set a waypoint so NPC would drive vehile while I shoot like in FC5 or New Dawn. And in FC6 there are tanks available which is good, but now Dani operates tank all by himself. You already had this great system in FC5 and it is really needed in FC6, but you have removed it!!! WHY???
    4. Mandatory 3rd person. I just can't understand why developers added 3rd person cutscenes and base exploration? Constant switching from 1rst to 4rd person is annoying, disorienting and breaks immersion. Great first person cutscenes were excellent in the previous games in the series, but in FC6 3rd person cutscenes looks very bad. But worse than cutscenes is mandatory switching to 3rd person when Dani enters the base. WHY?! If I wanted 3rd person game - I would have got The Divison, For Honor, Ghost Recon or Assassin's Creed. But I have bought FIRST-PERSON game, so why you switch it to 3RD PERSON in some portions? Moreover, since the game was developed for the first-person view, the third-person parts are very uncomfortable in the control and behavior of the character! WHY???

Overall, game feels like a huge step back. Yes, there are some new cool features like Dani starts singing when riding in the car with radio. But overall game feels like simplified and cut version of Far Cry 5 with a lot of cool features removed (enemy weapons which player can pick, Guns For Hire, First-Person cutscenes and gameplay and so on). Very disappointed. One of the worst games in the series.

Agree, the two biggest things that have absolutely destroyed my enjoyment are the UTTERYL STUPID POINTLESS, AMIGOS, they do nothing and arnt usegull in slightest, having human npcs that can actually drive u places or man turret is WAY BETTER, gimmick these stupid pets are, absolute waste, then theres the talking to an npc takes you to another [censored] dimension, [censored], is this [censored], then the stupid backpack, at least give option to remove it ffs. Id of loved to have seen dialouge choices, like just for lore and background, let me ask questions, cookung should be more immersive, let me sit down snd enjoy this world and interact with it

Tberes nothing wrong with keeping the good stuff ubisoft but youre supposed to improve that good stuff and take it to next level not just identical every time. I will say customisation options are great, but there barely any vehicles, saved for shop i expect. Disgracefull.

• YungSapien59
    5 posts

@rickidoo2010 lmao, what "realism" exactly? The home made 8 power scope and suppressor made of plastic bottle? The AI that just stands around or hit scan shoots you to death thru 10 meters of foliage? The models that look like they'd fit in launch era PS4 with no issues? The ridiculous bugs and glitches?

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

A significant step forward for the series. I think good changes were made.

• Flanker1Six
    228 posts
    @YungSapien59 " lmao, what "realism" exactly? The home made 8 power scope and suppressor made of plastic bottle? The AI that just stands around or hit scan shoots you to death thru 10 meters of foliage? The models that look like they'd fit in launch era PS4 with no issues? The ridiculous bugs and glitches? "

LOL! You beat me to it. Plastic bottle suppressors? Seriously?! I'm not knocking anyone who enjoys the game for whatever reasons; they're opinion/s are as valid as anyone else's. But please don't associate "realism" with this sorry 🤐 .

Bugs? Glitches? My rig is totally up to date, tuned and ready to rock. I've had between 10-12 OS (Win 10Home 64) crashes so far (just got the first mission from Juan at Clara's camp); including several during game start up. Not what I'd call "stable". I'm sure those issues will be fixed "eventually"------------------but isn't that all too typical of an Ubi release?

Oh yea; the plastic suppressors. Adolescent wet dream fantasy. They "might" work on a .22 rim fire cartridge, but the only thing that will happen with any assault or battle rifle cartridge is the bottle will explode with the first round fired.

Crafting a suppressor due to circumstances and lack of resources? Absolutely! It'll be made of a durable material/s if you want it to last even 4 or 5 rounds though.

🤐 wet dream ammo system. 🤐 wet dream crafting system. Instead of say; having to raid enemy armories, logistics/comm hubs, police stations, looting weapons and kits off captured/dead enemies

Mind numbingly stupid ally system. Especially given Ubi had a fairly good one with GRW. Build up supplies and logistics; build rapport with the rebels at the same time; receive greater trust and assistance from said rebels; throw in some intense personality and character differences. Gotta run a mission, or series of them to cement an alliance/ally so on and so forth. And, don't make the player character a freakin' doormat to potential allies. Potential Ally: Do this! If you want my help! Dani: Uh, OK! Player Character choices should always have down stream consequences. You know what'll happen if I don't get 'ol drunk *** Juan his watch? Nothing.

And what's up with the Dani "meat puppet" thing? Got no choice? Apparently not. I'm now carrying 2 old school battle rifles (the M1A1 I didn't want at all). And 5 weapons slots? WTFlip?! There's that realism thing again. Wouldn't need al the arcade features if ther was a real ally/rebel system.

BTW: Beautiful game world. Looks great at 2K rez on ultra on my system (except for the routine OS crashes)!

So much wasted potential once again.

• trioxin245
    27 posts

@wild-recon You are spot on, this is a serious step back in development progression. As in my own post, remember Colonial Marines and Homefront? That's what this game feels like. What happened?

• trioxin245
    27 posts

@flanker1six LOL. They won't even work on a .22 caliber. Not even a sub-sonic. A plastic bottle suppressor is just a DIY fantasy from someone like Frank Dux.

• rickidoo2010
    148 posts

@yungsapien59 Well, I agree about the suppressors! But what I was referring to, and my fault for not being more specific, is the "feel" of the situation at any time... the environment, the threats... in ALL the previous FC's I've played (1,2,3,4,5, and ND) many would good and some great, but none of these had quite the situational polish of FC 6.

I will say this... based on some of the posts in the forum... and some of the online videos... specifically those that deal with enemy AI.... I am starting to suspect that either there is a difference between the platforms (UBI had different offices working on the PC version) or there are some ai killing bugs that may or may not be turned on. Because I just saw a vid today where the ai looked brain dead... and that is the opposite of what I am experiencing consistently... which is a hell of a good (and scary) time in the combat.

• Wild-Recon
    Original poster 9 posts

Played some more... Well, game is worse than I was expecting.

5. Enemy spawns just awful. Enemies constantly spawn at the same area as player not allowing to talk with NPCs for info! Even if player just killed every enemy few seconds ago! Worse than that - there is no point, killing enemies won't give you EXP or weapons, they just annoying obstacle which eats up your ammo. Also managed to trigger Castillo Spec Ops arrival and here how it went: some enemy soldiers with RPGs spawned just before me (very strange) and also, enemy helicopter arrived. I killed enemies and had some problems taking down helo because I CAN'T PICKUP RPG FROM THE ENEMY I JUST KILLED! Also, you pick up very small amount of ammo from enemies. Oh, and by the way - ammo! I never heard that someone had to use workbench to change ammo type in his gun - only change of magazine is needed or removing ammo and inserting a new one in the weapons. No workbench is needed for that!

6. Story is strange. It that how revolution looks like in the eyes in the modern developers? Also, plot is very inconsistent, example from the very beginning to avoid spoilers:local army arrives at city block where Dani is sitting with his friends. What army should do? Round up locals and force them to work in the fields. What army do? It starts killing everyone!!! Basically every scene while Dani escapes from soldiers shows how soldiers is shooting someone. in the final run to the boar you have to run through square with many killed locals.Why army instead of sending people to the fields just kill them even when they ask for mercy and do not pose a threat? Their task to find workers, not kill everyone! Or on Yara there some strange rules that dead people work better than a live ones?

I just can't belive how bad Far Cry 6. I loved FC games, from first one to the fifth, New Dawn was kinda bad, but I have completed it anyway and at some parts it was fun and interesting. But FC6 is a big letdown. Also, judging from those ratings at Metacritic I'm not only one who didn't liked this game: https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/far-cry-6: (https://metacritic.com/game/pc/far-cry-6)

• ivyfoos
    6 posts

@wild-recon Agreed, it doesn't really feel like a FC game anymore.

• igrvks
    62 posts

@wild-recon

You make fair points, and while I have had generally a bit more positive experience than you I must say the single biggest design issue (I see the respawn issue as a bug) for me is how Ubisoft heavily scaled back the open ended way of approaching and tackling missions. I know there have been a lot of "forced loud" missions in the past games too and that itself is not necessarily a bad thing since it brings some variety, but with this game it feels like there are a lot more missions where you are forced to go loud just for the sake of going loud even when stealth could still be viable, and especially forced to stay in a relatively small play area, with mission automatically failing if you go too far.

For example, I had a story mission where I had to fight a helicopter in a very open area with not much cover, and I couldn't fall back to some buildings to seek better cover because they were outside the designated "play area". Given how Far Cry is well known for open ended open world gameplay, this can get very frustrating when you are effectively forced to use a certain tactic instead of coming up with your own. This is definitely a set back, and reminds me heavily of extremely linear mission design of GTAV and RDR2.

I definitely 100% agree with the frustration of not having some AI guns for hire to take with you, especially given the whole guerrilla setting. Once again we have a revolution story where the player character is doing everything single handed while everyone else just hangs back at the base. This lone delivery guy approach felt stupid in Breakpoint and it does feel stupid here as well.

• Wild-Recon
    Original poster 9 posts

@igrvks Yes, I agree with you that Ubisoft scaled down open ended way of approaching and tackling missions. But they also scaled down many other parts of the game. No Guns For Hire, only animal Amigos. But even then, animals can't ride with you in the car like it was in Far Cry New Dawn. There were many complaints that animals can't ride with player in Far Cry 5 and it was fixed in New Dawn. And in FC6 we again have the same issue: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/112342/why-cant-chorizo-drive-with-you?lang=en-US

I just don't get it!!! People say: we like Guns and Fangs For Hire systems and we want small and medium animals ti be able to ride in car with player. And what Ubisoft did? They removed almost all that nice features from the new game. But many people was complaining about tiered enemies and loot in New Dawn - and devs keep this system. Today I have encountered enemy which I could barely scratch with my weapons (enemy Spec Ops level 7 while me character was 4th level) - even headshots didn't hurt him much! Many people hated that system in New Dawn and it returns in Far Cry 6, many people liked Guns/Fangs For Hire - and system is almost completely removed! I just wonder, which forums Ubisoft developers read because look like they do completely opposite things in their games comparing to what features are requested on this forum.

• leroy198532
    32 posts

So i take my comment back and am actually really enjoying it, my problem now is just respawns, not being able to select more than 4 vehcles for delivery, past games i could choose any vehicle i had in my collection, why am i now limited, cant call human backup is ridiculous in this setting, no interaction with world, eating, cooking, sleepimg should all have animations for immersion.

• Eriyasan
    13 posts

@wild-recon It's a decent game, with some issues.
    Enemy weapons dropping would be a good addition, but it wouldn't be useful or balanced unless the dropped RPGs for instance have low ammo and are limited use.

Amigos are okay, although I can agree that they don't follow the car well. I never really cared too much for Guns for Hire, but perhaps they should have kept that feature, agree.

3rd person can be a nuisance but is not game breaking, none of the things you mentioned are huge step backs other than amigos and Guns for Hire which are significant. I would consider worse AI a step-back also or the enemy respawns which seems more like a bug than a feature.

• lmazzochi
    10 posts

I Could not be agree more.
    It gives me the feeling that they used the Primal engine instead of the FC5 Engine.

And not only because of the FC5 things that are gone. (enemy weapons, Seat car for Amigos, Guns for Hire)

• Graphically, the Sunsets are a false orange that reminds me of Primal (and not the amazing realistic colors of FC5)
    • The color the all game are awful. in FC5 they had achieved a quality of color realism that was lost in this new installment. They had a fake plastic aesthetic again like the previous games.
    • Even the skin of the characters is downgraded.
    • Even the used the old 2D map of Primal and previous version instead of the 3D Map with the mist of FC5...
    • The climbing branches (which luckily had been removed in FC5) came back here (and with almost the same model as Primal, they didn't even take the time to draw some new branches, they only add a few flowers)
    • They returned to the 1-animal companion system, exactly like Primal.
    • and unnecessarily added the camp upgrade system (again, exactly as in Primal)

And these are just a few things that come to mind.
    I really felt the whole time that I was playing an improved version of the Primal Engine.
    I don't understand why they would have done that.

Suggested Topics