ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Netspook
    Original poster 344 posts

First, I thought this game was a 7 (maybe an 8.) out of 10. But no, it's not that good - sorry, Ubi, but it's FAR from that good.

My PC:

• AMD Ryzen 3950x 16 cores / 32 threads
    • AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 8 gb vram
    • 64 gigs RAM, 3200 Mhz
    • 2x Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe M2 SSD (game runs on one of these)
    • 2x 4TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
    • Windows 11 / DirectX 12

The good/neutral:

• Grapics are great, the game looks absolutely awesome. I see some people have complaints about low res textures and such, I'm not one of them.
    • Optimisation. Same. Game runs flawlessly on my PC. I'm running on ultra, no issues at all.
    • Story is fairly good. It's not awesome, far from it, but it's "enough".
    • Actors does a good job, though Juan Carlos Esposito isn't "the second coming" as some reviewers seems to believe.

The bad/terrible:

• Itemisation/inventory. Absolutely horrible. There are already enough posts about the dual bullet bs, so I'm only gonna say I agree with those. I also STRONGLY dislike the armor pieces/sets we have to collect, which barealy adds anything at all, and mostly looks like garbage.
    • Bs "improvements". Ie most suppressors doen't suppress enough, to keep damage high. What's the point of buying suppressors that doesn't really suppress?
    • Constant overheating of weapons, I really REALLY hate this!
    • Improvements to character / upgrades. This is tied to the armor/weapon upgrades, and there are some hints about higher ranks = stronger toon. I'd say that the old system, with skill points and craftable upgrades were FAR superior to this system. FC6 does this in the worst way possible, bad idea and even worse execution.
    • The amigos. Personally, I have absolutley ZERO interest in these pets (or what to call them) that doesn't bring anything to the table, except being "cute" or barely doing damage at all. I prefer pretending they don't exist.
    • The "command table" or whatever it's called here - the bs where you send NPCs on missions and everything is out of your control once you do that, there's simply a timer untill they're done. Absolutely HORRIBLE ripoff from other games, like World of Warcraft and others. Did anyone like this in other games? I know for a FACT that they're NOT popular in WoW.
    • Hiding side quests / optionals behind interactable NPCs. Having to talk to NPCs with an "!" to initiate these, is utter rubbish. If you don't talk to them, you're not getting those... You've done this before, like in GR Breakpoint, and most didn't like it there either. You also did it in FC 5, though it wasn't as bad there.
    • The bugs / poor decisons. Ie the forever respawning hostiles when you are trying to clear an area - hint: clearing is not an option in larger camps/areas, since they'll respawn forever.
    • Alarms: if you make a mistake and a hostile sets off the alarm, waves of reinforcements are gonna insta-respawn for a very long time. And those freakin' helicopters...
    • VERY inconsistent detections. Sometimes hostiles takes forever to detect you, sometimes they do it almost immediately, even throught walls/buildings.
    • Collectibles hidden behind paywalls. Ie the historical-somehing - unless something is unlocked ingame later, you're not easily finding these 150+ collectibles without paying more real money. I already paid enough, imo.
    • etc.

Could add MUCH more to this list, mainly on the negative side, but I'll keep it simple for now.

Bottom lins, it started out good, but got worse and worse.

My score: 4/10.

Would have asked for a refund if I thought I'd be able to get one.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• str03mm3n
    1 posts

@netspook this cover my feelings about the game as well. Is it any reason to not run AP on everything? I only need soft target rounds for hunting, but that's hardly revarding at all.

Also, why are the junk mods having the highest stats? This is pieces of trash held together with string and tapes. They are not better than military equipment. A plastic jug as a suppressor? Really ubi, you hold the Tom Clancy trademark, you should know why this wouldn't fly.
    At the very least allow us to transmog so we may choose the stats and looks.

• trioxin245
    27 posts

@netspook I'm actually going to ask for a refund. This is totally backwards from the previous games which were far better.

Suggested Topics