ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• redjoekido
    Original poster 22 posts

While I'm enjoying this game, I felt that this game lacks something or opportunities seems to be missed that posting it here will get Ubisoft to take this into account.

Here is a few.

1. I would notice ships in the distance. I tried to go there but I got a turn around notice. Would it be nice if there are ships sailing around Yara that I could plunder for the revolution? That would make a fine addition for this game.

2. After completing Isla Santaurio, restricted areas are still around, I come to wonder why I can't clear these areas and why enemies keep coming back?

3. In Far Cry 5, you can open a perk menu and if you do any achievements, you can gain points. However here that disappeared and have to rely on equipping armors to get specific perks. Plus in Far Cry 5 you can boost health but here you can't. Why can't this game have a skill tree where you can keep these perks while armors are meant for defense and health boosting? That would be a good idea.

4. Why do we have to have just animals fighting for you? Why can't we have a gun for hire in this game? And when the character is knocked out, why did it read "Checking blood loss"? Also what I like about Far Cry 5 that you get to have 2 gun for hire to fight with you. Plus in that game it has characters providing air support, can we have something like that here?

5. Also this game needs a New Game Plus.

6. In Far Cry 5 you can loot weapons from dead enemies, can we have that here?

7. Bring back plant gathering.

8. Add more activities.

9. In Far Cry 5, you can craft detonators, flaming bottles, dynamites and it was easy to get but here we have to get a specific backpack to access explodsive. Can it go back to what it was like in Far Cry 5?

This is all I can think of for now. Anymore suggestions?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Milit4nt
    32 posts

@redjoekido im sorry but these aren't issues that need to be addressed, this is just your personal preferences conflicting with the game's design.

I agree on new game plus though, they will surely add it in at some point, but it should have been there from the start.

• trioxin245
    27 posts

@milit4nt I'm sorry, but the poster is right. The game was radically changed and is no longer good.

• Milit4nt
    32 posts

@cgeist762 I beg to differ, im loving the game so far, probably my favorite far cry game. Opinions aren't facts, he is speaking as if they are. These are not issues, there are just things he personally prefers.

• trioxin245
    27 posts

@milit4nt No, as a longtime player of Far Cry, these are facts. It has been radically changed, and for the worst. FC6 is worse than FC2 and Primal. 3-5 were masterpieces. I'm glad I got my refund. Thanks Ubisoft.

• Raikoh_911
    2 posts

Playing on Series X

I’ve found you’re constantly being harassed by animals to the point you don’t have time to heal before another pack is attacking you until you die. Really sucking any fun out of the game. The first island was great, but as soon as I land on the mainland I’m attacked non-stop by animals, then restart at the Libertad HQ again cos it’s not checkpointing because I can’t get to Philly. Animal aggression needs toning down big time, and why a wolf takes more than an entire clip to kill sometimes is ridiculous.

Also finding a lot of NPC with ! showing they have a mission won’t talk to you.

• Milit4nt
    32 posts

@cgeist762 no they aren't facts, you're just another narcissistic fan who can't accept that the game isn't for you. Change doesn't make a game bad.

• RamJETz
    14 posts

Some people don't like certain new gameplay elements and want changes. I do not because I think its great and feels like a natural evolution, huge fun. But hey that's just my opinion.

A few are confused though in thinking their opinion is fact - definitely it is not.

• stephan22411
    2 posts

Overall I am enjoying the game. I appreciate the change in mechanics as the recipe is getting VERY old now, But there is one thing I am really disappointed about... Why is there STILL no flashlight? As the game also has no way to manage the day/night cycle like almost every other Ubisoft title including the previous Far Cry's. The worst part about the flashlight is that your character actually has one, it's just not toggleable.

It's not anything special, and pretty much what I expected...after all it's just another Far Cry(Sandbox terrorism game) and I got it for free with a CPU that I bought over a year ago. I think the series should move away from trying to recreate the magic of FC3 and do something completely different for the next title.

• Eriyasan
    13 posts

@redjoekido

1. Enemies respawning in restricted areas seems to be a general bug, I've seen a sniper do that. Sometimes I kill a sniper and look away for a moment and he instantly respawns in a watch tower.

2. Enemy vision cone seems to have a hard time spotting people above them, so camping on a cliff works too well most of the time.

3. Also wish there were invulnerability frames when exiting tank, it seems that I take a lot of damage when I do exit.

4. Not sure if one grenade disabling a tank is intended, but that could be a balance thing which I'm fine with.

Great game overall so far, aside from the sniper respawn bug and enemy vision, bugs should be addressed first in my opinion. I'm not asking for enemies to have eagle eyes, but if they could just "look up" a little it would be good.

I can agree with weapon pickups to a point, while it would be nice, they can't replace weapons we already have by being superior. So low tiered weapons sure, with default cannon fodder ammo.

• rickidoo2010
    148 posts

While I have empathy for the concerns, the range of posts and reviews go from "They need to change the game!!!!" to "They changed it and I want it back!!!".

I would be surprised, if history repeats, if there aren't some adjustments and enhancements in the game that come in 2 or 3 patches. So its good to express your view now.

When New Dawn came out I HATED the changes. I was ready to send UBI my resignation. But then I started enjoying the game. Then I REALLY enjoyed it., Then I had the best experience of the FC series. It just took time for ME to adjust.

• hectic_septic
    5 posts

I absolutely agree with you.
    No skills, fewer throwables, dumbed-down companions, ridiculous healing animations, pointless Bandidos missions straight out of a mobile game, poor texture pop-ins, no revive, the list goes on.
    I think Ubisoft could have done a great job if they hadn't cut so many corners and reused the exact same engine as New Dawn.

• trioxin245
    27 posts

@milit4nt Yeah everything posted was a fact and you are just someone who denies facts by saying, "they are opinions." Very typical of narcissist.

• AJeiFoyt
    10 posts

@redjoekido I don't think these are issues, and I like the game just as it is.

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

@redjoekido None of these are 'issues' they are features and are mostly improvements.

The developers were endlessly told to change things, so they have.

Enjoy the game that exists (or don't).

It's the best of the series, just go with it.

• Travis_AC
    3 posts

@sofajockey "None of these are 'issues' they are features and are mostly improvements."

Ah, yes, because limiting the game is an improvement.

"It's the best of the series, just go with it."

It's definitely far from the best. From what I've seen so far, even Far Cry 5 is better to me. A lot of other people think the same. Don't state that it's the best out of fact when it's clearly not.

• Gideon_Sage
    5 posts

I would like to add to number 4. Why does my amigo sit there and growl for 2 minutes when I tell it to attack someone?

• SofaJockey
    372 posts
    Don't state that it's the best out of fact when it's clearly not.

As far as I'm concerned it's the finest Far Cry (and GOTY for me), but we're all sharing our opinions here. 😊

• Madhawk80
    122 posts

@sofajockey I just read that Ubisoft's shares fell 5% in value, Far Cry 6 sited as "sales not meeting expectations". Ref: Marketwatch.

Suggested Topics