ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Milit4nt
    Original poster 32 posts

So, after playing for quite a while, I realized that people, including myself at first have quite a bit of misconceptions regarding this game. Here I will address a few since this game has been a masterpiece so far for me.

• The bullet sponges, the most commonly discussed "issue", its not an issue at all after you unlock the AK and other weapons that aren't the starting weapons... and make sure to use Armor Piercing rounds, which aren't expensive to craft, and they are practically this game's equivalent of normal rounds in previous games as they work fairly well with all enemies, with armor piercing rounds equipped you can play as if the bullet type mechanic doesn't exist. There is also a perk/mod that allows you to do more damage to the body area if you want it to kill even faster. The FAL and M14 are a bit underpowered, but the rest of the guns are fine. I think ubisoft should increase the damage these 2 weapons deal, especially considering how much they mislead people at first.
    • The gear system replacing the skill tree, its not replacing the skill tree, you practically get most skills from the start, like the parachute, all weapon slots etc. The gear system is an entirely different system.
    • There is only "easy" and "normal" mode, this is not true, think of it like dark souls in the sense that there is 1 set difficulty mode, and its action mode, story mode is just for those who don't want any challenge, there is no way the game could be made more challenging in a sensical manner as its as challenging as the design of the game allows it to be, and its fairly challenging, its as hard as FC5s hard mode.

Personally im really loving the new systems, like the gear, los banditos, supremo, all the different grenade types etc...not the biggest fan of the ammo types but its a non issue since you can get Armor piercing rounds on everything, and level gating helps to add a good levelling and progression system. Its a breath of fresh air for the series. I get that some may want a "classic" mode, and I think ubisoft should implement that, but there's too much misinformation going around so I felt i should make this post.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• RamJETz
    14 posts

@milit4nt Well said, totally agree ... you can headshot all enemies 1 x hit, even helmeted, go for the face !

• Milit4nt
    Original poster 32 posts

@ramjetz Even when not going for the face, guns like the AK still kill fairly quickly, its just the FAL does a very low amount of damage.

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

"they are bullet sponges"

(uses starter rifle...)

• Sleezure
    145 posts

@sofajockey So Far Cry now has completely non-viable "starter" weapons? And that's not a New Dawn bullet-sponge problem?

• Milit4nt
    Original poster 32 posts

@sleezure they aren't completely non viable, they still kill with headshots, they just suck compared to later game weapons, its only the first 2 weapons too, anything unlocked after is useful throughout the whole game. And i found the starter weapons to still be useful since you can put something like blast rounds on them and switch to them to take out vehicles.

• Eriyasan
    13 posts

@milit4nt Maybe I'm in early game but I'm not having too much trouble with the game and I'm playing on a controller of all things which I never play, I can't even aim: I am lvl 3 and fought some lvl 4 enemies with starting level weapons. It feels just as hard as FC4 to me, although I do miss more and am close to death since am playing with a controller at the moment. The ammo mechanic does not seem too complicated, piercing deals more damage to armor while soft bullets deal more damage to regular dudes, I don't dislike it as it feels more tactical..

• rickidoo2010
    152 posts

Well said, sir. To the "bullet sponge" topic two things:

(1) Head shots make all the difference with the standard rounds. So it falls back on the player's skill (and in some cases, equipment used, e.g., control, mouse).

(1) Anyone whose played New Dawn experienced the same thing... Even I was a bit frustrated at first but taken as a whole, the progression the "weapon arc" forces enhances the game play, extending the game and making the mods of weapons later on oh so more satisfying.

Just my 2 cents.

• RazielKanos
    17 posts

too much "missinformation" but luckily you are the true saviour, that knows how to play the franchise...
    *rolleyes*

It's totally ok to miss the skill tree, since it is for many players also a motivation to stay in the game, since you always get a little benefit for leving up.

Here i have my gear i like, i don't give a [censored] about a bazillion new 2star weapons i unlock since i found my 4star rifle. So yeah, it's totally "fine" to "miss" the skill system...

• Milit4nt
    Original poster 32 posts

@razielkanos when did i say its not fine??? I just said the gear system isn't replacing it, as you get most skills from the start...

• leroy198532
    32 posts

Can confirm using the mosin nagant or what ever is called with armour piercing, instant kills everything with headshot even helmets, feels great.

• Wild-Recon
    9 posts

@Milit4nt The bullet sponges are there. Today I have encountered 7th level Spec Ops (black uniform) with three red health bars (my character was about 4th level) - and I could barely scratch him with AK-M (with mods), MS16 (with mods) or even Cobra sniper rifle from Premium Edition. He was able to take few headshots and he lost about 1/6 of his health (half of one healthbar, he had three of them). So, bullet sponges are there and they on the level of New Dawn.

• hortys_99
    18 posts

The misconception I've been seeing most frequently is people dismissing of one of the game's most glaring issues by suggesting that by using AP rounds and going for headshots the game doesn't have any bullet sponge problems...

Prior Far Cry games had skill trees and didn't have skills on gear, this game has skills on gear but does not have a skill tree, and yet somehow skills on gear is NOT a replacement of the skill tree... huh... well imo, skill tree > this game's gear system. Just because they liked doing it in AC doesn't mean they need to do it in FC. Listen up Ubisoft, It is ok to have different systems of progression in your different franchises Ubisoft! Sometimes people who play one game aren't looking for the same systems from another!! That's why everyone got sick of radio towers because you did it in all your games!

• DEDloc
    157 posts

Standards for "bullet sponge" seem to differ among users.

I've been playing Division 2. So to me, with ammo types and good aim, FC6 feels like realistic mode . Maybe for some folks, "bullet sponge" doesn't mean what you think it means.

• Milit4nt
    Original poster 32 posts

@wild-recon technically they are there yeah but the level gating is so lenient that it doesn't really matter, it makes sense for games to have a progression system that restricts you from going through the entire map in a few minutes, but instead unlocks areas as you level up, otherwise there would be a lack of progression, and if you see everything the open world has to offer from the start, the mid and late game would be boring, it makes sense to disincentive skipping the game. If you play the game normally there are no bullet sponges.

• Milit4nt
    Original poster 32 posts

@hortys_99 AP rounds are cheap and easy to craft. I don't go for headshots and they still aren't bullet sponges. If you dismiss and disregard a central mechanic of the game, the bullet type mechanic, that's on you.

It is not a replacement cos you get 90% of what previous games had as skills already unlocked...imo the skill tree is outdated design, especially when coming from a previous far cry game and having to unlock everything you previously had again...

I totally get being bummed out that its a bit too similar to AC, but I don't play AC so it didnt bother me...I honestly love all the systems the game has in place...

• Markaccus
    37 posts

I haven't had much issue with bullet sponging either. Currently using a .308 sniper rifle with soft target rounds, and a damage boost of some kind (high ground one i think), and MS16 L with armour peircing rounds, and 2 damage booster mods (gut wrencher and one other). My 3rd weapon is currently that Mix tape LMG from the rewards. It has incendiary rounds and is good for the mental fire fights. That seems to cover me for most situations, with enemies dying pretty much when i expect them to.

• hortys_99
    18 posts

@milit4nt I've not dismissed or disregarded the 'central mechanic', I put AP rounds in all my guns because that's really all you have to do, which ultimately makes the entire alternate ammo type system utterly meaningless if just switching to a particular type is all you have to do. The gear system, I find, is far more limiting and less consistent than a skill tree. You're restricted to a measly 6 perks at any time and you have to take the time to stop and navigate the stupid menus with the dumb cursor to change out your gear if you want to be more efficient at something else. Not something I bother doing, but if I were so inclined (and I'm sure there are players that likely are) and I have a set of gear on that is focused on combat, I'd have to stop and change everything to make myself more effective at looting and navigation if I just wanted to go exploring. Some sort of outfit system would at least ease the tedium of that particular issue.

And of course you have to unlock skills you've had in previous games, you're playing as different characters in each game. There is no reason Ajay in FC4 should have already had all the skills Jason Brody had learned in FC3 or that the Deputy should've already had all the skills Ajay had gained. Completely different characters in each game makes that a moot point, the only way it'd make sense for a wholly new skill tree without any previously learned abilities would be if we played as the same character in 2 different games and started the 2nd game with all the abilities from the last one.

• Akira1364
    159 posts

@milit4nt Is crafting or purchasing ammunition even a thing in FC6, at all? I think I've never done anything other than pick it up off the ground, or have my whole inventory of ammo automatically restocked for free at benches.

• Milit4nt
    Original poster 32 posts

@hortys_99 giving a story reason for bad design isn't a good excuse...It's like me telling you dani likes fashion so thats why there's the gear system... the skill tree is outdated design because we are already familiar with said skills from previous games...its not fun reunlocking them when you've already unlocked them the first time...not to mention how it kills replay value...

Suggested Topics