ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• XMdead
    Original poster 144 posts

I am clear about the most important things to do each day in Division 1:
    - You do GE events daily missions for GE credits. 
    - You can do Lexington Challenging over and over for more Div Tech and GE credits.
    - You do boss runs for classified gear and top weapon drops, phoenix credits Div Tech and GE credits.
    - You do daily and weekly missions mainly for Div Tech and phoenix credits.

Of those rare resources Div Tech is the most important and you use them all to buy/upgrade your classified gear and weapons. And there are listings of "when" Global Events are scheduled for the year so that you can make sure to participate those days.

So far so good.

For Division 2 I am nowhere as clear as what is important to do every day.
    - What are the key ***rare*** resources to accumulate?
    - What are the key things to do every day?
    - I found "Global Events" in the settings, where you presumably get details about them once they are running. But I didn't find a schedule, can someone give me a link to it?
    - I see there is something called Finley College expeditions. What are they, something similar to Global Events or completely different? Are they PvE or PvP activities? What key ***rare*** resources do you get from them, if any?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• XMdead
    Original poster 144 posts

@imagine_brata Thank you.

So basically an exotic once you do all 4 expeditions.

A couple follow-up questions:

• Can you do the old expeditions for the first time at any time?
    • If no, can you do the old expeditions for the first time when the new expedition time window opens?
  • the_Kettle
    270 posts
    What are the key ***rare*** resources to accumulate?
    - What are the key things to do every day?

Division 2 doesn't really have anything equivalent to the Classified sets of Div 1, nor much by way of super-rare resources needed to get the best build. The closest thing would be optimisation resources, which aren't strictly necessary but do speed up the process of farming for max-rolled items. The daily and weekly projects do award some small quantity of the rarest of these (SHD Calibrations), but the main way to gain them is simply by levelling, which gives you 'Scavenging points' on your watch once every 5 levels (going up to once every single level once you reach SHD 1000). These scavenging points can be spent on SHD calibrations or a variety of other resources in the game.

Exotic items are the rarest item type in the game, but they're not actually super-rare, or game-changingly powerful for the most part, and as you put more hours in you'll end up with more of them than you know what to do with.

I found "Global Events" in the settings, where you presumably get details about them once they are running. But I didn't find a schedule, can someone give me a link to it?

Global events are active once every three weeks (with next week, starting Tuesday 12 Oct being the next one). Looking in the seasons menu does actually tell you how many days until each one starts, but as you noted the event details aren't available to view until the event becomes 'live'. You can always just search what's involved online, the events aren't new and mostly haven't changed their mechanics much from previous seasons. The rewards are, other than a few cosmetics like backpack trophys, nothing you can't get from the normal grind, it's just a slightly faster way to focus on certain rewards (you earn 'stars' with each level gained and for completing challenges, which you can spend on caches of optimisation materials, random named items, random exotics etc).

Can you do the old expeditions for the first time at any time?

There is only one expedition, Kenly College, it's just made up of three parts. All parts become available/unavailable at the same time (the information in that previous link is out of date), you can do them in any order, and at any point in the endgame (as long as the College is 'open').

• Virtual-Chris
    805 posts

@xmdead

Here’s what I would suggest…

In General…

• Do the season reward track (100 levels) for a variety of useful rewards
    • Do events to earn stars to buy exotic caches, named caches or optimization caches

For exotics…

• Do the weekly SHD donation project to get an exotic
    • Do the weekly Summit Project (30 floors) to get another exotic - When doing the Summit watch for keys on any floor number ending in 2 or 3 as there is a loot box at the end of every floor number ending in 3
    • When doing the summit, apply one challenge at a time to complete 5 in order to get an exotic
    • Do the quests line (see YouTube) for the Nemesis sniper, Ridgeway Chest, Exotic Desert Eagle, and an exotic gunslinger Holster

For Loot…

• Look on the map for targeted loot
    • Select targeted loot you’re seeking when doing the above Summit Project
    • Do the Lincoln Memorial mission (3 or 4 bosses) when its targeted loot suits you
    • Do bounties
    • Level up to earn a cache of loot every level
    • Join a clan to get access to the clan vendor and a weekly clan cache

For Optimization Resources…

• Do the weekly project to earn 5 SHD resources
    • Do Control points on Level 3 to earn Field Recon Resources and Blueprints - some blueprints allow you to craft optimization resources
    • Once you have blueprints to craft optimization resources, farm the East Mall for carbon fibre, electronics, and titanium to support crafting
    • Do events to earn stars to buy caches

For Specialization Points…

• Look for daily (or weekly?) bounties that offer specialization points as rewards when you’re starting a new specialization
  • LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@virtual-chris only real addition I would add, is you can run Landmarks in the DZ for Recon as well - a little faster than clearing CPs, but occasionally you'll get interrupted by a Rogue Player

I would also say figure out which mission you like most or can do the fastest for each faction if you want to speed farm for that Optimization Material [until you get the blueprint]

• Virtual-Chris
    805 posts

@latenitedelight

I think one other suggestion I missed is that:

For Optimization Resources...

• Spend all watch scavenging points on SHD Resources as there's no real way to farm that until you get the blueprint, and even then, it's ridiculously expensive to craft and therefore time consuming, repetitive and boring.
  • xcel30
    843 posts

I were to mention the stuff that i "keep an eye on" for when i'm playing is the schedule of the season ot know if some global event or cosmedic cache even is happening, if either of those are happening then check what you need to do to get the drops and work on that, as secondary stuff is mostly tab on what kind of missions i'm doing to know the optmization material from the boss in general and whenever i need one or two extra i just craft them and use some of the level up points for the whatc to compensate it

• KraziAgent
    50 posts

For Loot…Look on the map for targeted lootSelect targeted loot you’re seeking when doing the above Summit ProjectDo the Lincoln Memorial mission (3 or 4 bosses) when its targeted loot suits youDo bountiesLevel up to earn a cache of loot every levelJoin a clan to get access to the clan vendor and a weekly clan cache

buut...For Loot…

• Look on the map for targeted loot
    • Select targeted loot you’re seeking when doing the above Summit Project
    • Do the Lincoln Memorial mission (3 or 4 bosses) when its targeted loot suits you
    • Do bounties
    • Level up to earn a cache of loot every level ********** ------------------------------------------------------ ONLY GET "Field Proficiency cache" if ur Season level is 100 ( which is BULLSH!!!t)
    • Join a clan to get access to the clan vendor and a weekly clan cache

• Virtual-Chris
    805 posts

@kraziagent … Good point, although I rarely find the field proficiency cache to have gear worthy of using. It’s rolls are never any good.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@virtual-chris I'd bet 20% of my gear came from proficiency cache ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I get a really nice piece probably one in every 10 [as in 90% with attribute and talents that work], plus it helped me fill out my Recalc library.

Never going to say no to free lottery tickets just for playing the game.

Suggested Topics