Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• vahndaar
    Original poster 70 posts

Hi,

When playing with graphics on the Ultra preset I noticed there was a wierd blurriness, softness, outline to everything. I can't explain it, it's quite subtle but just isn't very sharp.

After extensive testing I've discovered that when graphical settings are set to Ultra this issue occurs. It doesn't occur when individual settings are set to Ultra, only when all settings move the overall preset to Ultra.

For others wondering about this, try the following:

• Set your graphical preset to low
    • Move every setting except one to Ultra, so that the preset moves from Low to Custom (I use either texture filtering, shadows or fog)

The game will then be in high fidelity and sharp without the wierd outline/softness to everything.

If you want to test the issue then observe the sharpness of the scene with these settings, go into the menu and then move that last setting to Ultra and you'll notice the whole scene becomes softer and more blurry. It's like antialiasing is doing a second pass or the whole scene is being reconstructed when the Ultra preset is selected.

If you're on the Ultra preset, changing one setting won't disable this odd effect, you need to move the entire preset to either Low or Medium and then move your settings back to what you want, being sure not to trigger the whole preset as Ultra.

By the way, after testing further this happens with the High preset as well, and only when the entire preset becomes High, so a mixture of High and Ultra won't trigger it. Low and Medium are unaffected.

Hopefully this helps others!

Cheers.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 985 posts

@vahndaar Hey! Thank you for reaching out about this issue you are having with the Ultra preset.

Thank you for the workaround information that you have provided.

Would you be able to also provide us with your system specs:

CPU:
    GPU:
    GPU Driver Version:
    Operating System:
    Amount of RAM:

Thank you.

Official Response
  • vahndaar
    Original poster 70 posts

Hey, specs as follows:

CPU: i9 9900k
    GPU: 3080 Ti
    Driver: 472.12 (20/09/21)
    RAM: 32Gb

Thanks.

• bolty10.
    3 posts

@vahndaar
    Thanks for this, I've tried yourt advice. when standing still it's hard to tell a difference, but when moving the "vaseline" on everything is better.

I still get about an 2cm of blurred each side, and maybe 0.5 cm at the top an bottom. Not sure if this is my FOV.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 985 posts

@vahndaar Thank you for your reply. If you try downgrading to GPU driver version 471.96 does this issue still happen?

@bolty10 Hey! What do you have your POV settings as?

Official Response
  • bolty10.
    3 posts

@ubi-viral Hi, It's at 100, if i put it to 105 is seems less.
    I will try the driver also.

• vahndaar
    Original poster 70 posts

Hi,

Tried rolling the driver back and still the same. Like I said, it's subtle but does definitely reduce sharpness. The workaround is fine for now however.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1093 posts

Thanks for trying that and letting us know how it went, @vahndaar

So we can get a better idea of how this looks, would you have means to record gameplay footage with the ultra settings? Ideally, it'd be great to also have a separate video showing how it looks with your workaround.

With these, I'll be able to reach out to our teams to get this looked into.

Can you also be sure to verify the game files, and make sure your OS is fully updated? You'll find these steps listed in our troubleshooting guide. We'd just like to rule out these steps, as part of our usual process. Thanks for your help!

Let me know if I can clarify any of these steps a tall.

Official Response

Suggested Topics