ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Yuggothian80
    Original poster 1 posts

Only viable way to kill anything is to shoot them in the head, otherwise you're just wasting ammo.

I just emptied SMG magazine on a coyote standing right next to it when it was biting Guapo, didn't want to shoot head so that i wouldn't hit Guapo.
    Coyote was in about half health after whole magazine and not a single miss.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• trioxin245
    27 posts

@yuggothian80 Yes, this is a huge noticeable change from 3, 4, and 5. It's one reason I'm asking for a refund. The enemies take too many hits and takes away from the realism, which was so fun in 3, 4, and 5. Also, health bars for enemies. Just awful.

• Nandiman
    14 posts

First, currently I think there is a bug with either hit detection or damage registration. I've seen a clip about a guy unloading several sniper rounds into a dogs head and it still wouldn't go down. But I tested this myself and I can always one shot dogs with snipers (at least until now).

Second, there is a level system in the game, if the enemies are higher level than you, aka red health bar instead of white, than you will have a hard time killing them. You need to level up and upgrade your guns, later in the game this will no longer be an issue, but you have to remember that at the beginning your initial weapons will be very weak and you are low level, so a bit of sponginess is expected.

• trioxin245
    27 posts

@nandiman That's still not OK. The leveling ruins the game. It's an awful idea. I just got my refund. 3, 4, and 5 were fun because they had a sense of realism. It only took 2 to 3, center mass, bullets to put someone down and a head shot was instant death. In FC6, it takes half a magazine to put someone down and the head shots don't register like 3-5.

• Nandiman
    14 posts

@cgeist762 And yet here I am one-shoting everything in sight. Strange how that works.

• Flanker1Six
    228 posts
    @Yuggothian80--Only viable way to kill anything is to shoot them in the head, otherwise you're just wasting ammo. I just emptied SMG magazine on a coyote standing right next to it when it was biting Guapo, didn't want to shoot head so that i wouldn't hit Guapo. Coyote was in about half health after whole magazine and not a single miss.

You know Ubi added in the leveling mechanism as a way of restricting the Player Character's movement into/activity in certain geographical areas of the world map right? Ubi imported this 🤐 mechanism from the last 3 AC games.

Beyond that the regular ballistic weapons are laughable. Pistols that do double or triple the damage of battle rifles etc. In fairness; it's hard to judge the actual damage differential between weapons by assessing it according to each weapon's damage bars. Once the actual weapons files of the PC version FC 5 were opened (by talented modders who shall remain nameless for the purpose of this post); one of the many things readily apparent was many of the game weapon's damage values weren't even close to what you'd think based on the damage bars in game. I suspect the same is true for the FC 6 ballistic weapons.

Many, if not most, of the FC 6 ballistic firearms suffer from the dreaded shooter weapon cliche "balanced for gameplay".

Here's hoping the same talented crew who fixed so much in FC 5 will do the same for this steaming pile of arcade "stuff".

• Kamikaze-TMX
    10 posts

@nandiman yeah ive noticed if they are very rank higher then you you need to do 2 headshots then only 1....

• Akira1364
    159 posts

@yuggothian80 Just use armor piercing ammo on literally every weapon possible, all the time.

• Akira1364
    159 posts

@cgeist762 The only game in the entire Far Cry series that is even vaguely realistic is Far Cry 2. Anyone claiming that enemies died in one shot in say Far Cry 3 with weapons that were not literally the best ones you could possibly get is lying. Every single claim I've seen made recently about sniper rifles for example is by someone who is clearly pretending that the top tier endgame 50 Cals are the only ones that existed in the previous titles.

• Sleezure
    138 posts

@yuggothian80 Yes, and the developers lied about it too.

• A Former User
    0 posts

Yup.

Like it or not, this is their approach.

I hope they'll do something similar to what they did with Ghost Recon: Breaking Point - where they added a new game mode in which the level stuff got thrown out completely in favor of a more immersive/realistic experience.

Ghost mode in Ghost Recon: Breaking Point is dope! Please, make it happen, Ubisoft. 🐷

• noko59
    6 posts

@yuggothian80
    Not having too much problems so far, using armor piercing rounds does the trick well.

• topeira1980
    63 posts

im using AP rounds on everything.

To be honest, im level 4 and fighting in a lvl 7 zone, i need about 5 hits from the AR to an un-armored soldier in the chest, or 1 to the head. Doesn't matter what helmet he has.
    The whole speech about using the right tools for the right job - BS. you need AP for everyone. If you hit body shots than the enemy will stagger, and that's really important and helpful, because it primes the target for the sweet headshot with the satisfying crunch sound.

Im playing with no health bars nor markers nor hit marker. the game feels fine for me, at least up until 3 levels above mine.

The only issue is that it's a bit too easy. I can't believe there's no HARD difficulty.

• trioxin245
    27 posts

@nandiman That is not what happened in my game. Half a magazine to down an opponent and clear head shots not registering. Funny how that works.

• likeapresident
    20 posts

Yes, I noticed this the first few minutes I started playing the game when I used 7 bullets to kill a wild bore.

• TOMatXL
    4 posts

@yuggothian80

Yes totally agree! Although I'm glad that a headshot mostly gives an instant kill with 1 bullet,
    the overall kills needs to be reduced drasticly with 2-3 hits imo.

And animals still seem to be made of kevlar...

• CO.Colios
    5 posts

@cgeist762 Strange. I kill most enemies oneshot too. Mostly with a silenced M9 pistol with HP ammo and more damage when sightet.

The starter rilfe is capable of headshots too. But you commonly need two shots if the enemie wears a helmet. The long version of the starter rifle can be used with AP ammo to get around that.
    It was even more strange that i oneshot enemies with helmet if im hitting them from behind.

You would be surprised ho many handgun rounds can go into a human without him dying... Especially if the target took drugs. Wouldnt be a surprise if the elite troops get some combat enhancers too;).

But you mentionend smgs... I got the "Elite" one with HE ammo. Those really do no real damage to everything. But still are enough to "damage" a tank by hitting its front armour.

• trioxin245
    27 posts

@akira1364 FC2 realistic? Out of your mind. Insane respawning and enemies taking way too many shots? Stealth suit in the bushes (following rules of real combat and game rules) and the enemies aim-bot find you anyway? Physics are like you are on Venus? Out of your mind. FC3-5 take 2 to 3 shots center mass to put enemies down. That's realistic. FC3-5 register headshots without fail, that's realistic. Physics are perfect, that's realistic. You can easily fool the AI by using real evasion techniques, that's realistic. There are numerous videos already showing the FC6 leveling and hit point system failing to register hits. One video has a guy nailing a dog like 4 times in the head and the dog still runs at him. LOL. FC6 is broken and dead on arrival.

• trioxin245
    27 posts

@co-colios Yeah, there are already a number of videos reflecting and proving the bad hit registering and the awfulness of the leveling and hit point/health bar system. FC3-5 had it right from the start. In FC3-5 you can immediately apply realistic combat tactics and put enemies down fast. That's why I like FC3-5, realistic right from the start and the whole game, aside from "halucination" missions, reflects that. Unloading half a magazine into an enemy and head shots not registering is not Far Cry.

Suggested Topics