ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• NuketownCitizen
    Original poster 1 posts

Hello,
    I've been a fan of the Far Cry series since FC3. With the recent situation of GPU pricing (I'd say buying the performance-equivalent of a GTX 1070 I bought over 5 years ago for the same price today is pretty damn extreme), I decided to buy a XSX bundled with FC6. To my surprise, no option to use keyboard and mouse. I must admit, that for myself, as a PC-gamer, using a gamepad to play FPS games is a novel form of torture. Is it really that challenging for a company the size of Ubisoft to assign 2-3 employees with the task of copy-pasting solutions from the Windows-version of the game? How hard can it be, considering especially that XSX is also running Windows 10? I'm fully aware that there are solutions like Xim Apex, but can't imagine paying 250 bucks for something that should be available as option without added charge in the game. CoD:MW, Fortnite, Metro Exodus have it. Why is it different for FC6?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• barkingmad15
    1 posts

@nuketowncitizen

I wholeheartedly agree & having been shunned by Ubisoft tech support, I was requested to post here. This post needs much more sharing as they said if enough people request it, they may add support. Assasins Creed has KB & Mouse support & that is Ubisoft! I too have come from a PC, much for the same reasons as you. There are people all over reddit requesting this, i'll see if I can find the post again & share this thread. here's hoping for the future. Controllers are great for racing & that kind of thing. Long live the keyboard & mouse!!

• Repsole007
    1 posts

@nuketowncitizen

Please add Keyboard and Mouse Support. I was really hoping since Farcry is such a famous AAA rates game, it would automatically have it, but i'm starting to think that perhaps people are right and Ubisoft are starting to not care about the small things that matter and only focus on making money nowadays like EA.

Very disappointed because Ubisoft makes some of the best games, but they lack the small things that makes people want to play this game in the first place.

• Intense93
    1 posts

@nuketowncitizen Seriously at this point I have 0 understanding for not doing that. Every single Game that's available on PC should have M+K and also Crossplay.
    Prices for GPUs and stuff are through the roof. The only reason keeping me from buying a XSX and all the games there is the lack of support. Why in god's name would you not milk that money of all those players? 100% sure there is a ton like me. I mean that's all they care about anyway and in the one situation where it would benefit us they chose to not act.

• hottar2016
    1 posts

Please add mouse and keyboard support! It should be standard for all FPS games really. I rarely buy FPS games on console because of the lack of support.

• Lokkiz
    1 posts

@nuketowncitizen
    100% agree with this. It’s particularly moronic that Valhalla has m/kb support, but this FPS of all things does not. I loved Farcry 5 on my PC, but it’s getting a bit long in the tooth now, and I want to enjoy the graphics of this to their (near) fullest on my Xbox Series S. But there is no way in hell I’m going to torture myself trying to play it with a controller. Release m/kb support for Far Cry 6 and you’ll get a sale out of me (hell, I’ll probably even get the Ultimate edition), but you can forget it before then…

• paganmino
    2 posts

I have just started to learn to play with K&M with Halo Infinite and CoD Vanguard.
    And it is true that I don not want to take a controller again.
    I have not bought Far Cry 6 but I would do it if I could use K&M, I wish The Division 2 had support, too, for replaying it.

• georgeIHammer
    1 posts

I was very glad that keyboard and mouse support was added to AС Valhalla.
    Really hoped that FC 6 would undoubtedly also add keyboard and mouse support. FC 6 is FPS, I'm an old man, I've played PC all my life.
    I have Xbox series X and I do not buy FC 6 not on a PC or on an Xbox. Because my PC does not meet the minimum requirements of FC 6.
    Waiting for you to add keyboard and mouse support!!! 🙏

• Yaboipogi
    1 posts

Yes please add Farcry 6 keyboard and mouse for XBOX Series X! I love this game, but would spend more time playing with keyboard and mouse!

@nuketowncitizen

• joseluisoe
    1 posts
    Yes please add Farcry 6 keyboard and mouse for XBOX Series X! I love this game, but would spend more time playing with keyboard and mouse!

@nuketowncitizen

Same my perfect opinion! for me i need to add keyboard and mouse for Farcry. The game is my fan of Farcy because I have played full 1, 2, 3 and 4. And version 5 half because of the problem my PC is slow because I don't have enough money because the PC prices are exaggerated. I bought an Xbox One (a long time ago) and now Xbox Series. Farcry 5 and 6 do not work with keyboard and mouse, I try to buy a XIM but it is ok and it is a bit awkward. The truth is that I am very clumsy in command. Thanks

• Lorpoce
    6 posts

Yes we need MKB support on console !
    Also add this to The Division and Ghost Recon please.

• TomAraya777
    1 posts

@nuketowncitizen

100% agree!

Please add Farcry 6 keyboard and mouse for XBOX Series X! I love this game, but would spend more time playing with keyboard and mouse!

• Forcesh0w
    1 posts

@nuketowncitizen
    Strongly agree that it is necessary to add keyboard and mouse connectivity to this game.
    This is a very strange decision on the part of the developers to add a keyboard and mouse to assassin's creed valhalla, where a keyboard and mouse are not needed, but at the same time do not add this function to an FPS game. Ubisoft, please add the ability to connect a keyboard and mouse on an xbox to far cry 6!!!

• KhronikIllness
    1 posts

@nuketowncitizen KB & M support is definitely needed in today's gaming climate. Many PC gamers are switching to console BECAUSE there is keyboard and mouse support for so many games and it saves us money not to have to upgrade our GPU every year. However, finding out one of my favorite game franchises is missing this feature is highly disappointing. Ubisoft, please add keyboard and mouse support.

• nake73a
    1 posts

I agree.

• JENSMAULL
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • JENSMAULL
    2 posts

I love this game, but would spend more time playing with keyboard and mouse!

• drugzritalin
    1 posts

Here I was talking up the fact to my PC friends that Xbox supports Mouse and Keyboard now and that the XSX is a good alternative to a PC setup while GPUs are through the roof.
    Ive had a good time playing Halo Infinite with my mouse and keyboard and after beating that game decided to drop some coin to purchase your game on my Xbox instead of my PC.
    Fired it up tonight and to my surprise there is no Mouse and Keyboard support.

This makes little to no sense as the only excuse for this is not offering crossplay multiplayer where by I would have an advantage over controller players.
    But this game only offers co-op so that would not matter at all.

Its flat out shameful to release a AAA title FPS without mouse and keyboard support on a platform that has officially supported it for quite some time.

Please make this happen, so I can actually enjoy playing your game.

• gaben8200
    1 posts

Please add all FPS games, shooters, mouse and keybourd support, it is 2022, should be standard these days.

• rccopter
    1 posts

Bump.

Yes please add it. I was going to buy but will skip it.

Valhalla is great to play with mnk.

Suggested Topics