ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TORFINR
    Original poster 376 posts

Hej there
    In my first playthrough of the game, I wasnt really sure of what I wanted to do and was still discovering the game and the characters. So I managed to save some members and some others were lost and eventually killed. My second playthrough was for me much more a quests for saving them all, as it seemed important to "complete" the game somehow perfectly. And I managed to do it.
    Now that I started my 3rd playthrough, after 800+ hours of Odyssey doing mainly secondary quests, exploring and contracts, I decided to play it differently. Not for completion, but by staying true to myself and the idea I have of who deserves a second chance and who doesnt.
    (spoiler below!)
    For instance, I give just two examples here: in my humble opinion Nikolaus does not deserve to live. Staying true to Sparta and to some arbitrary rule decided on the fly by an obscure priest is not what he should have done. He was a chief after all, he was weak there. It's subjective of course, but abandoning a just born baby because he was not viable or killing his 10 yo son are two different things. The first is cultural, the second is criminal. So for me Nikolaus deserve to die.
    The second example is the consequence of the first one. I dont like Stentor, his arrogance, the way he speaks, the way he moves. It's our standard upper class spoiled child. Killing Nikolaus doesnt give me choices anyway, but I think that killing Stentor later on in the adventure is the best things I can do. Of course once more, it's quite subjective and you may disagree.
    As for Kassandra, I still dont know. she's evil I mean really evil almost until the end, and I'm not sure if a person so evil could become better and how trustful she can become when freed from the control of the Cult. I have doubts about her, and I may decide to kill her too.
    Of course, if you play Kassandra, you may have a different opinion about Alexios as Deimos (havent tested it, so I cant really comment here)
    And you, how did you play your main stories if you played them according to your own feelings?
    Thanks for sharing your "justice" 😉
    One thing that I find really great is that those choices are so Greek, good or bad, evil or not, surviving or being killed, they go fully in the spirit of a Greek tragedy 🙂

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TheNorfolkian
    1638 posts

@torfinr Sounds like you got the ‘bad’ ending, eh? Regardless of how Ubisoft shapes the game, I think your choices were reasonable.

• Sam_Boo26
    175 posts

I personally save them in all of my playthrough. I'm not a huge fan of Nikolaos, but I think he needs to deal with what he has done and to keep that burden. Stentor is a bit stupid, but I think he's just looking for Nikolaos' approval most of the time; he's not that bad. As for Deimos, they were used, made into a weapon. I think it will take them time to learn how to live properly, but they deserve a second chance.

But I agree with what you say about the spirit of a Greek tragedy! I study literature, so it's something I particularly enjoy hehe! 🙂

• TheNorfolkian
    1638 posts

@sam_boo26 If the game were truly done in the spirit of Greek tragedy, we would have more suicides and deaths involving poetic justice... as well as many more sexual encounters. Perhaps there could have even been a storyline involving incest with a tragic ending.

Suggested Topics