ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Vincent13122
    Original poster 4 posts

Hello,
    this is my feedback list on how to make the game even better:

1: UI/HUD
    -Let us disable hitmarkers, they arent great for immersion and hide the actual hit reaction (blood and animations) completely. I can disable the crosshair which turns this off too, but... well, now I dont have a crosshair, which is actually fine but throwing knives are very hard to aim without it.
    -I would like to disable individual elements of the on screen icons, instead of turning them all off at once. So I can have the icon for a downed ally enabled, but mission markers etc. are disabled for example.
    -The same for minimap icons, I would like to have the minimap on to see collectibles nearby, but I dont like that I can see enemy positions all the time as you dont really "look" at the game world you just look at the minimap (The compass had the same problem, I am happy you brought back the minimap).
    2: Audio
    -Let us disable the hit sounds for the same reason I want to disable hitmarkers.
    -Make the audio sliders go from 0-200% this should be standard practice so you dont have to scale all other sounds down just to have for example louder music.
    3: Gameplay
    -Let us enable/disable car lights for stealthy driving. This would be really awesome as every time you drive at night you have lights on. I dont really need this to be reflected in the ais detection speed, just as a cosmetic change for immersion would be great.
    -I would like to be able to loot enemies and animals manually, hopefully even with an animation like in far cry 3. This helps with immersion and often you dont even notice you looted an animal making it less "special" and more of a forgettable moment as its not highlighted in any way. Having dead animals be indicated on the minimap would be good too as you can often forget where one died during an intense fight and you cant find it in the tall grass again.
    -A hardcore mode with less health for you and more reactive ai would be awesome
    -This is a small thing, but if you equip the camera in far cry 3, you can already scroll the mouse wheel to zoom in whilst its equipping, if you do that in this game it switches weapons directly.
    -This is another small thing but the propaganda speakers in outposts/enemy bases blast out messages way too frequently. Maybe lower the rate to multiple minutes as you can pretty much hear them all in the first outpost you stealth through and then they repeat for the rest of the game. It would add a lot more variety and feel more special if you do happen to hear one if it took maybe like 5 minutes in between 2 messages. It also, if you think about it, isnt very immersive that the people already working for the castillos get to hear this 50 times an hour xD
    -I think its weird that you can only pull a body for a few seconds then it drops it so you need to pick it up again
    4: Bugs
    -A small bug I found was that the offhand smg skorpion does not have any recoil on the first shot. I havent found this with any other guns but I guess others might have this too
    -Another weird thing are the helicopter looking up and down movement controls with a mouse, they feel stuttery for some reason
    -I think the enemy respawn distance is too low, often I move just 20 meters away and then back again only to have them be respawned, which is very apparent when its in a camp you just cleared or if theyre moving prisoners around, you free them and then they simply respawn with even more prisoners after youve moved a little. I mean I like having more enemies to fight, but it's still quite weird in these scenarios.

These were some things I would like to see added/changed/fixed.

Here is some general feedback on the game:
    I am really really liking this game. The atmosphere is amazing, the level designers did such a fantastic job at creating a varied, beautiful and exciting environment, I am having so much fun - its like a vacation but better. The guns feel SO much more impactful than the ones in 5, its such a huge improvement. I also really like the ux, these are the most accessible and easy to understand menus I've seen in a long time. They also look and feel great to use, and I like their visual style a lot. Finally no more super characterless minimalist stuff.

The new clothing and weapon item system is great and rewards exploration similar to ghost recon wildlands, though I think you overdid it with the blue markers everywhere, I think the enemies would eventually notice that blue means resistance lol. The supremo skill assign stuff is fine too, but I personally would've preferred if we could've had the skill and xp system from fc3 and 4 again, as I think comparing stat bonuses all the time gets very tedious and xp would give a larger reward to fighting enemies.
    A problem I see with the weapon finding approach is, that since the world isnt linear, you can go somewhere completely different at the start and dont get important weapons like the bow. I am lucky to have found it quite early as I chose the recommended starting area, but if I had gone somewhere else, it would've taken a lot longer to get it. But I guess the fact that some weapons exist multiple times as these legendary versions more or less fixes that.
    The removal of syringes is great, I never crafted them in past games and personally thought they felt unnecessary and in the case of 5 very overpowered and game breaking.

I thought it was a brilliant idea to have an amigo show up randomly if you're in a tough fight without them, this really makes them feel like an amigo and that theyre looking after you. Thank you crocodile haha. The enemies being dropped off with parachutes looks incredibly awesome and I got so many gorgeous screenshots because of this, so epic! I also think the random air drops are amazing, I have world markers turned off so I dont know if theyre usually marked, but if theyre not I think its so awesome to not have them marked, it feels a lot more immersive that way and it was a cool learning process to realize that the plane sound means that an air drop will drop.
    Also the ai, especially when theyre on vehicles create so many funny scenarios. During my first race (the jet ski one in the recommended first region) whilst driving through the ravine, I saw a horse and a rider just full speed ride to the edge of the cliff, then ragdoll down into the water from really high up and couldn't stop laughing.
    One thing that I would've liked to see, not just in this game but also something like wildlands, would be to have enemies patrol not just the streets but the wilderness like jungles. What's the point if you can sneak through an incredibly dense jungle and hide in bushes if there are no enemies to hide from unless theyre on the street.

The early quest where you had to chase the mungo for the key was very funny and I liked the music, but I was a little bit sad you had to kill it and there was no alternative like just pressing e to get the key.

This might sound weird, but I think it would've made sense to only have male soldiers on the regime side, as that would fit their archaic and stuck in the past style (like the cartel in wildlands) and would provide a nice contrast to the resistance that has both genders fighting for them. Equal rights are super important of course, but I just think it feels weird to fight women, it makes you feel bad I dont know, again this might sound weird.

I liked the assassins creed easter egg, but the haystack sadly didn't remove fall damage. Was the npc placed next to it on purpose, to revive you haha?

The sound design is fantastic and makes the world feel even more alive, the animals especially. The only thing I'd change would be the reload and weapon equip sounds. They dont sound bad at all, but they feel very "light" and very similar across weapons.

I am also very impressed by the foliage and how it can burn and also the way it bends when you run through it. The amount of work put into the wildlife and nature is incredible too. I cant believe how much work all of this must have been, just amazing.

The game runs extremely well, I think better than FC5 somehow, even though it looks a lot more detailed. With my RX 580 and Ryzen 5 3600, I get 75 fps on average with a mix of graphics settings that still look amazing. I am very greatful that you can use SMAA instead of TAA, as taa makes my eyes hurt a lot. Thank you and I hope this becomes a standard in all Ubisoft games.

I am rather disappointed that the expansions, again, are not part of the actual game. I really would've liked maybe another region to explore or new stuff to find and a new story, instead of just a roguelike mode for 40 bucks)

Thank you so much for this game, whilst it's tonally a little bit inconsistent and there are a lot of over the top unfitting things like the supremos or amigo and some character looks, it reminds me of "the good old days" of gaming (Apart from the microtransactions :/), like Just Cause, Mercenaries or Far Cry 3 and GR Wildlands.

I really like it and hope you consider some of the things I mentioned.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics