ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ADarklore
    Original poster 194 posts

The first playthrough I was sure to select all the "good" choices- but this was before I even bothered to see what the "bad" outcome was. Today I watched YouTube and saw how your choices would play out at the end, and I have to say, my second playthrough I'm going to go for the "bad" outcome because I honestly think Sigurd should be GONE, period! Honestly, does Eivor really NEED his praise, or his "authority" to transfer rule to Eivor?!? After SIGURD's poor choices during the game, I say ABSOLUTELY NOT!!

I was reading the arguments for/against the different endings on YouTube... and when someone says, "He's your brother, you always look out for family." To that I say, "And this is how we end up with families aiding and abetting killers, abusers, drug addicts, etc." There has to be a limit, TOUGH LOVE, as to how far 'family ties' will dictate your morals and values.

IMO, Sigurd betrayed his clan for his own selfish pursuits... and England wasn't the first time he abandoned the clan to run off on his own. People might say we OWE Sigurd because he saved us as child, but NO, he didn't... Eivor saved Eivor when the wolf attacked him after he was knocked off the horse onto the frozen lake. Time and time again, it has been Eivor saving himself, his clan and his allies.

The entire venture to England began because of Sigurd's selfish "You gave away MY crown" tantrum... Sigurd who had been gone for years(?) from the clan then returns out of the blue to make such claims!! Then as soon as we get to England, once again Sigurd runs off away from the clan leaving Eivor to basically keep the clan safe, build the village, forge alliances. Then Dag challenges him, oh and it's not out of his concern for the clan, it's out of pure jealousy that Dag has had ever since being replaced by Eivor at Sigurd's side... yet we're supposed to allow Dag an 'honorable' death... even though he's proven to be an untrustworthy, jealous thorn in the clan's side. Then when we meet Sigurd later, yet again he doesn't CARE about the clan, it's all about him searching to prove he's descended of the gods- even though it will make no damn difference anyway because Sigurd, you don't have ANY "powers" to begin with- so what will learning this prove other than to inflate your ego even further?!? So it was HIS decision to find and free Fulke, and because of HIS choices ended up going through the hell Fulke put him through. Yet when Eivor frees him, he treats Eivor like an untrustworthy villain, and treats his clan members during a dispute like an arrogant [censored]!

Then at the end, he drags Eivor along on this "can't tell you" once again journey over to Norway... where when connected to the ISU machine he seems content being stuck in a false realm because there he gets to be a 'god'.

Ultimately, I think Sigurd is a worthless piece of trash that shouldn't even be allowed back in the Raven Clan! Eivor whines about 'betraying Sigurd' but Sigurd betrayed Eivor and the Raven Clan over and over and over... IMO Eivor should have no guilt whatsoever. Honestly, I kept wanting dialogue where Eivor goes OFF on Sigurd and brings up all HIS numerous betrayals... if it were me, when Sigurd returned to England, one of the first things I would have done after being officially made Jarl is banish Sigurd! You're only as strong as your weakest link, and Sigurd proved time and again how weak in character he really is.

So I'm curious to hear about other players thoughts and choices during this MSQ journey and the reasons why?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Sam_Boo26
    175 posts

I picked the good ending, I've been good to Sigurd as much as I could. There are definitively some problems between them, but Sigurd was manipulated by the Order, and I think Eivor could see that. They truly care for each other, even through the hardships.

• ADarklore
    Original poster 194 posts

@sam_boo26 I'm wondering, did you pay close attention to the story? The reason I ask is that Sigurd had NOTHING to do with the Order, if anything it was Basim that was manipulating him, Fulke simply gave Sigurd more focus on his visions through her torture and Fulke was working on her own, not through direction given by the Order.

However, Sigurd's selfishness began before meeting Basim. IMO, he grew up believing he was entitled to become king, yet what does he do a month after getting married, runs off on an adventure leaving his clan, his wife and Eivor behind... and was gone for months or perhaps years. Some might say he left in order to gain wealth in order to raise an army to fight Kjotve, but based on his behavior, I'm doubting that was the sole reason. So then he meets Basim and becomes enthralled in what Basim shares with him... because I'm sure by this point, Sigurd was already having visions, which made it much easier for him to become completely obsessed with the idea that he wasn't just meant to be a "king" but was descended of GODS. There was no direct manipulation here other than Basim playing on Sigurd's already overgrown ego.

So no, Fulke didn't make him have visions or manipulate him, he was already having them before he even met her. Thus, I don't believe he was manipulated by anyone as much as 'empowered' or rather, 'enabled' by both Basim and Fulke. Yet, he couldn't have been enabled if those selfish, arrogant, egotistical aspects weren't already present. Regardless, it UBI who really manipulated Eivor, turning him from being a confident leader through most of the storyline into a mewling crybaby the moment she/he was around Sigurd. I don't know what their history was growing up, but I just have trouble with the complete 180 degree personality change that Eivor goes through when around Sigurd. This is just another of the many reasons I feel that Sigurd remaining in England will be a poison to the Raven Clan, I could so see him becoming just like Dag, and that is something that none of them, especially Eivor, needs to deal with on a daily basis.

Suggested Topics