ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• simonandersen
    Original poster 6 posts

I really don't get what the points of checkpoints is other than rather bad fast travel points.
    They don't reduce enemies, they are a constant spawn point for enemies when you either take them or fast travel to them.
    I have had tanks, helicopters and around 20 infantry on me about 1 minutes after fast traveling a number of times.
    They do however stop you from getting attacked all the time when driving through one, when you take them.

On that point, how do you drive through them and not getting attacked?
    If you autodrive/drive slow, you get attacked immediately by guards spotting you, driving just a little faster than the autodrive your tires are punctured and then you are attacked.
    I know I could just ride through on a horse, but then why have cars in the game at all?
    They seems to have been implemented only as a annoyance and not to improve gameplay or anything else.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Flanker1Six
    228 posts

@simonandersen Well, you get gunpowder and XP 🤷 there so you can make optical sights, suppressors and chocolate cakes with it (Ubi crafting ----gotta love it!), and advance our character's level so we can go other places without getting our 🤐 kicked by FDN with more health and armor than we can cope with .

Actually in militarized, authoritarian/totalitarian countries CPs are quite common. Inspect people/their ID/papers---no wanted and/or unauthorized personnel moving through, inspect the vehicles---not moving contraband, and sometimes the CP Police/Soldiers might engage in a little entrepreneurial activity (aka extorting taxes/bribes from those passing through). None of which is occurring at these checkpoints [Ubi paints half the house then stops 🤔 ].

Thanks for the advice on transiting CPs. All I've ever done is attack 'em from the bush (I'm crafting that chocolate cake as soon as I get back to base!). 😉

• Markaccus
    37 posts

@simonandersen They seem to have replaced a certain type of outpost from previous games. IE the ones that the main road went through. They've added a slightly different method of capturing (burning a sign) but other than that , they're basically just an outpost variant. I quite like the idea of having that kind of thing in a game like this

• simonandersen
    Original poster 6 posts

@markaccus I get that, I'm just not a fan of that they have no value in game. If they at least did something, giving a minute difference, like being able to defend themselves, diminishing enemies between two checkpoints etc. something that felt like it mattered.

I never fast travel to them but instead air drop over them so I don't have to be constantly fighting when using them.

• simonandersen
    Original poster 6 posts

@flanker1six But you don't need the gunpowder, xp etc. You gat that from everything, I have about 40 gunpowder now and don't see anything I want to spend it on. I already have what I want for now.

I get the history/real world aspect, I'm just not a fan of that they have no value in game. If they at least did something, giving a minute difference, like being able to defend themselves, diminishing enemies between two checkpoints etc. something that felt like it mattered.

It seems so indifferent the way the have done it, a lot in the game feels like "that'll do"

• Flanker1Six
    228 posts
    @flanker1six But you don't need the gunpowder, xp etc. You gat that from everything, I have about 40 gunpowder now and don't see anything I want to spend it on. I already have what I want for now.

I get the history/real world aspect, I'm just not a fan of that they have no value in game. If they at least did something, giving a minute difference, like being able to defend themselves, diminishing enemies between two checkpoints etc. something that felt like it matteredIt

@simonandersen --seems so indifferent the way the have done it, a lot in the game feels like "that'll do"

You're right. That's what it is. The CPs are actually a great idea (assuming the activity there, before our character passed through, attacked, etc) was actually what it should be. Great way to flesh out life in Yara under an authoritarian regime.

Suggested Topics