ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• IronMaiden142
    Original poster 3 posts

Hello,

I'd like to report that the Ubisoft Connect is extremely slow when you want to start it, and it starts to "initializing". Takes sometimes a minute or two before it opens up and you can continue to your Library.

I've done the following:

• The same issue appears both in Windows 10 & 11.
    • Reinstalling the app doesn't help resolve this issue.
    • Restarting your computer doesn't help resolve this issue.
    • My friends are experiencing the same issue as well with no resolution to this issue.

Has anyone else been struggling with the same issue like us? What is being done by Ubisoft to try and fix this because I remember some time ago it wasn't this bad as it's currently in this stage.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Doonof
    7 posts

Yes its VERY SLOW ( i mean extremely slow ) Iv been waiting for 30minutes now for login .. maybe 31 will login

I constantly have to force close and open UPlay it just wont go online.

"INITIALIZING..." OR "UPlay services down" message.

Please introduce something like

Trashcan Uplay
    Pay Steam that we all know WORKS

(PS also had to get FC6 via browser since your UPLAY WAS TOO SLOW had to click 2400clicks till it went to next screen (I counted) [browser was fine])

Ps you can also PAY to BATTLE.NET to HOST your games if you dont want steam. Tim's (EpicGaysStore) store is as [censored] as yours

• Bubblez1968
    6 posts

My Connect has been down for a week but they wont respond to any requests or tickets

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1607 posts

Hey folks, sorry to hear you are experiencing some slower responses from the Ubisoft Connect client. To try and help remedy this issue, I would try Clearing the Cache for Ubisoft Connect to see if this may help. If you see the same results, also try our Connectivity Guide here to see if this helps. However, if you have already exhausted all this and still receive the same behavior, please keep us posted so we can continue to look into this with you.

Official Response
  • IronMaiden142
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-smash Hello there,

Thank you for your reply. I've tried to do the steps which you recommended me to do but regarding the first guide on emptying the cache of Ubisoft Connect client I have an issue, when I visit the folder "Ubisoft/Ubisoft Connect" there is no cache folder there just Ubisoft Connect & Uninstall.

I've chosen to install Ubisoft Connect & the games under another hard drive, does the cache folder still get created under the C : drive perhaps?

I've tried to reinstall Ubisoft Connect, as well as restarting my computer and testing other applications such as Steam, Battle net etc and none of them I experience the same issue like the Ubisoft Connect. I know that my friends also have similar issues, not only starting the client but also when browsing in the different tabs like Shop etc it can take forever most of the time to progress and if I'm looking to purchase anything it's much faster to go to your website to do that instead.

I've also done a complete reinstall of Windows and the same issue occurs. It feels as it's a server issue or something like that from you guys as it also affects other people too and not a local problem on my end.

Best regards,
    IronMaiden142

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2352 posts

Hello @ironmaiden142,

Thank you for the update.

Is it possible for you to test any other internet connection, so we can check if it's perhaps an internet-related issue? It will help us to provide relevant information to the development team. Thank you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics