ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ChildericKaldor
    Original poster 3 posts

Hello there,

Since about a week, I get often stuck at the "Initializing" part of the Ubisoft Connect process... I tried to remove the cache, to remove and install it again, etc... to no avail.

I tried on my two computers, I tried from another connection, and I have 2 friends getting the same issue as I do, my partner on his own account/computer and a friend from another place (but same ISP, Orange in France).

Is it related to my ISP, is it related to Ubisoft servers not handling Far Cry 6 release very well? It's regularly unavailable.

Sometime it connects instantly.

Anyway, which is strange is I can play any multiplayer game smoothly once logged... The hard part being able to connect to Ubisoft Connect.

Is there any way to solve this ?

Today I tried for ten minutes and it just got available again.

Thanks.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Vaspa06
    1 posts

@childerickaldor I have exactly the same issue, I'm also in France but my ISP is Free. The worst part is when you play Far Cry 6 and the launcher disconnect itself from internet, Far Cry 6 need internet so the game just close itself as well.

• ChildericKaldor
    Original poster 3 posts

@vaspa06 What I find strange is there's no communication about this nor there's any people complaining when I do know I'm not the only one being affected. Maybe nobody care or try to report this anymore?

• dieboard
    1 posts

I found a fix that hopefully keeps working. I deleted all old games from ''C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games'' and then changed the name of game i wanted to play. In my case 'Far Cry 6' to 'Far Cry 66'. Then i started Ubisoft Connect. When i was in i changed the name back to 'Far Cry 6' and started the game without problems. Seems that it is stuck in search for updates or that is unable to see what version it is on or some weird thing.

Guess it might also had worked without deleting my old games but that's something i don't know now 🙂

• ChildericKaldor
    Original poster 3 posts

@dieboard I did that but it solved nothing. Sadly. But the issue isn't constant, it's for a bit of time once in a while. I really think it's a connectivity issue as it does affect myself and my friends at the exact same starting and ending time. So I wonder why this is not showing as an issue.

But I feel it could maybe be a backbone issue or a router one which only affect a few ISP. I did strike this away as being only an Orange issue as I tried to connect through Bouygues as well here and got the same connectivity issue. It was perfectly fine today and I don't know why either.

We really would have a statement about this but Ubisoft support seems unreachable those days with the Far Cry 6 release, etc...

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2196 posts

Hello everyone,

Sorry to hear that your Ubisoft Connect is launching longer than usual.

Can you confirm if you tried using another internet connection, for testing purposes, by any chance? Secondly, can you please perform all of the troubleshooting steps listed in this article? This will ensure that your connection to our services is optimal.

Last, but not least, have you tried reinstalling Ubisoft connect with this link?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Sr_0v3rk1ll
    94 posts

same issue here. started today

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 674 posts

@sr_0v3rk1ll Hey there! It looks like you experienced this issue during an outage, so this could have been the cause. If you're still having trouble, please clear your cache and see if you can now launch the program.

Official Response

Suggested Topics