ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 15 Likes/64 Replies/1736 Views
    Saga-TOP
    1 posts

@unhappylawbro I considered what you said about looting. In Far Cry 5 You could pick up enemys' gun, you probably liked that better. But, as a sniper I hated that I had to go all the way to bodies to get ammo. now you have a whole big armory to collect, do you really believe it would be better to see every specific weapon droped by certain character? like walking weapon crates?

• KrayZee_
    94 posts
    @sofajockey Of course I have. I played FC3, FC4 and FC5. None of them had leveled enemies with health bar and almost-unkillable with regular bullets unless been shot in the head.
    It's not Ghost Recon but it's also not the Division.
    I shouldn't have said RPG elements since previous FC games also had RPG elements like leveling and skills. But the newly introduced RPG elements (some since New Dawn) like unlootable enemy weapons aren't welcome by many fans of the series.

If enemies are wearing ballistic helmets and body armor, I don't expect them to instantly die. If you're wearing a ballistic helmet in real life and you survive a sniper shot to the head, should the sniper complain about bullet sponge? Of course not. While yes there are health bars and level gating in Far Cry 6, we shouldn't expect the trained military equipped with gear to instantly die. It makes sense for pirates, the Royal Army and cultists to die instantly, but as for the Privateers and the Royal Guard wearing helmets? They shouldn't die easily. After all, Far Cry 6 encourages players to explore and unlock better weapons and equipment so you can use them on stronger enemies. Fans of older Far Cry games have been stating that Far Cry 3, 4 and 5 on the hardest difficulty is considered too easy, and they didn't mind bullet sponges in older games where they empty out magazine on enemies. Even today people are saying Far Cry 6 is too easy. The RPG elements in Far Cry 6 is not like New Dawn, and just like older Far Cry games, you use better weapons to defeat stronger enemies. I actually don't mind how Far Cry 6 functions in gameplay.

• DEDloc
    56 posts

@unhappylawbro misquoting me doesn't make you right. Next time include the whole sentence.
    "Body shots with the default weapon"..... as it turns out, body shots with a better gun ARE more effective but only slightly.

It's too bad that some people just can't seem to understand that having good aim and skills can be important in a game like this.

Just play on eezy peezy mode and you can run through the whole game with your skill level.

Problem solved 🙂

• go69
    8 posts

Ummm?.?, there is no RPG system in this Farcry. You just have to find or buy better guns and gear.

• AlexanderBayek
    21 posts

@unhappylawbro Seriously man, go back to FC 3 or 4 and do a test. Using basic weapons, you kill high level enemies such as those heavy machine gun dudes just as quickly as in FC 6. I still remeber emptying most of a mag of an SMG on a single enemy in FC3 at least. I’m sorry but I fail to understand what exactly you are hoping for here. A realistic shooter? When has this series EVER been realistic? FC has never been and will never be a mil-sim or anything similar. It will always be an archady wacky fantasy that aims at a certain portion of the market.

And most importantly, I do not agree with any remark that defines this direction as “ruining the series”. For me personally, I can enjoy Takov, Squad, and FC at the same time, almost equally.

• Aex_Khves
    42 posts

@commandernomad so you acknowledge that for a normal game I should set AP bullets and shoot only in the head while in Far Cry 5 I just can pickup the weapon from the killed enemy and destroy everyone without any mods and with shooting in the body?

• olalaquebien
    69 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • olalaquebien
    69 posts

And RPG elements are there to make the game more interesting (which they do). 😊

In your opinion

• DV20Katana
    155 posts

I havent got the game yet but this bullet system sounds so silly. I am gonna just ignore all the other bullets and just get the AP ones.

Even with the other rounds - a direct headshot should be a one-hit kill.

• Sleezure
    131 posts

@unhappylawbro Ubisoft learned nothing from New Dawn. Rather, Ubisoft doubled-down on New Dawn's missteps.

• KrayZee_
    94 posts
    @unhappylawbro Seriously man, go back to FC 3 or 4 and do a test. Using basic weapons, you kill high level enemies such as those heavy machine gun dudes just as quickly as in FC 6. I still remeber emptying most of a mag of an SMG on a single enemy in FC3 at least. I’m sorry but I fail to understand what exactly you are hoping for here. A realistic shooter? When has this series EVER been realistic? FC has never been and will never be a mil-sim or anything similar. It will always be an archady wacky fantasy that aims at a certain portion of the market.

And most importantly, I do not agree with any remark that defines this direction as “ruining the series”. For me personally, I can enjoy Takov, Squad, and FC at the same time, almost equally.

Far Cry's attempt on realism is the game Far Cry 2, but people found jamming weapons that break, malaria sickness and constantly repairing vehicles to be annoying. So Ubisoft addressed all of the problems Far Cry 2 had and made Far Cry 3 fun.

• olalaquebien
    69 posts

I'll be honest. I was a fool when I thought New Dawn would not be the prototype for a rpg system that would dominate next big Far cry.

That is all.

• SofaJockey
    372 posts
    Far Cry's attempt on realism is the game Far Cry 2, but people found jamming weapons that break, malaria sickness and constantly repairing vehicles to be annoying. So Ubisoft addressed all of the problems Far Cry 2 had and made Far Cry 3 fun.

Exactly this. Far Cry 2, the only Far Cry game I found too tedious and irritating to complete. I think Far Cry 6 does it well, making it the best game in the series in my view.

• KrayZee_
    94 posts
    I'll be honest. I was a fool when I thought New Dawn would not be the prototype for a rpg system that would dominate next big Far cry.

That is all.

Far Cry Instincts loadout system and map editor carried over to Far Cry 2. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon's rectangular radar carried over to Far Cry 4. Far Cry Primal's tamed animals and melee weapons carried over to Far Cry 5. It's no surprise that Far Cry New Dawn's makeshift weapons, base upgrading and scavenging carried over to Far Cry 6.

Exactly this. Far Cry 2, the only Far Cry game I found too tedious and irritating to complete. I think Far Cry 6 does it well, making it the best game in the series in my view.

In terms of story, I agree.

• Sleezure
    131 posts

That is all.

To be fair, the devs themselves said that they wouldn't repeat that New Dawn nonsense with Far Cry 6. But as it turns out, they lied.

Lesson learned I guess.

• Flanker1Six
    225 posts

There's nothing inherently wrong with enjoying a more relaxed arcade style of play, or a more hard core style of play. Why Devs don't skillfully scale both into a game via difficulty levels and options is beyond me.

RPG (and F/TPS) should not be a hard and fast list of game mechanics, and more especially, "how they're implemented" in game either. Those mechanics, and implementation, should be in step with the genre the game is based on. FC 6 has been widely touted by Ubi and many others as being based on Cuba. I'm going out on a limb to say it's fairly unlikely Castro, Che, or any of their Guerilla Minions crafted suppressors and optical sights out of gunpowder and electrical circuits. Same goes for any of the other "arcade weapon mods" featured in this game. Pistols that do more damage than rifles, etc?

Rocket back packs? YOU'LL BE THE CENTER OF ATTENTION! AS ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS FLOCK AROUND TO WATCH YOU BURN YOUR *** OFF! With the FIRST firing! 😀

Sexy Boi/Gurl pants/shorts that make you the object of hard breathing super models everywhere..............................AND improve your armor piercing bullet resistance and agility? Ossum Possum!

Collectables, in game games (but no prostitution, hard drinking, or drugs like in real guerilla/criminal life).

• DV20Katana
    155 posts

@flanker1six I just cannot take the way the "rebels" look and act. Like you said its like they took a wrong turn and thought it was a college after party.

Game cant make up its mind. Shows a serious launch trailer of a country in upheaval with a psycho tyrant brainwashing his son.

However on the other side are these joke characters with cartoon animal "companions" & Just Cause-style weapons like a backpack multiple rocket launcher.

• McTankler420
    12 posts

@commandernomad I'm 40 hours in- unarmored enemies now taking two headshots with armor piercing ammo. Totally broken. A headshot is a hesdshot. 1 and done. Pistols against armor and helmets makes sense if it's lower damage- NOT ARMOR PIERCING RIFLES.

• McTankler420
    12 posts

@darth_potat0 if you can double tap the head? That's a bullet sponge. I've constantly been taking soft target enemies down having to hit them twice with an armored piercing rifle round- MAKES ZERO SENSE. What? Do these soldiers have depleted uranium skulls?! Needs to be fixed NOW. Headshot is a headshot for an unprotected head.

• Schteeble
    3 posts

Suggested Topics