ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 16 Likes/64 Replies/2286 Views
    guydodge
    49 posts

@sofajockey you dont have to the game is so easy.make 2 weapons 1 soft ammo 1 armnor piercing thats it
    you can literally desstroy all and the damage AI does to you is very minimal it feels like im playing a game in story mode

• UnhappyLawbro
    Original poster 36 posts

For the guys complaining about the game being "too easy", making the enemies more bullet sponge or restrict player options by forcing you to use one type of ammo is pretty much the laziest way of increasing the difficulty of the game.
    How about increasing difficulty by making the AIs smarter instead? Have them behave like real people who adopt to different tactics such as flanking, taking cover, having better reactions to seeing their friends die instead of just stand there acting shocked and just waiting to die. Have them counter-react to player actions by wearing more helmets when players constantly land headshots, wear NVGs when players prefer to attack at nights, have more patrols when players always resort to stealth infiltrations etc.
    This is the proper way to make the game more difficult. But ofc Ubisoft prefers to resort to the easier ways of just making the enemies more bulley-sponge. What surprises me is that there are so many people who defend this practice.

• DV20Katana
    184 posts
    If enemies are wearing ballistic helmets and body armor, I don't expect them to instantly die. If you're wearing a ballistic helmet in real life and you survive a sniper shot to the head, should the sniper complain about bullet sponge? Of course not. While yes there are health bars and level gating in Far Cry 6, we shouldn't expect the trained military equipped with gear to instantly die. It makes sense for pirates, the Royal Army and cultists to die instantly, but as for the Privateers and the Royal Guard wearing helmets? They shouldn't die easily.

If you shoot and the round hits the helmet then (depending on the round) yes I can understand them surviving.

But no matter what armor they are wearing a direct bullseye headshot to the face (or side shot to the temple) should be instant death (one round one kill).

Breakpoint is a mess but the ONE thing they got right is that ANY weapon used for headshot will drop them.

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

Complaints the game is too easy.
    Complaints the enemies are bullet sponges and are too hard to kill.

Can both be true?

Embrace what the game is and enjoy it for what it is.
    The game is not customised to you personally, that's mad entitlement.

Too easy? Treat it as an enjoyable romp with guns and animals.
    Too hard? Take another shot or use the correct weapon/ammo (git gud)

I'm moving on from the game now having finished (back for the DLC) but I must say I found it a ton of fun. 😊

• The_Last_Seeker
    8 posts

From what i could see, they took the HIGHLY broken and annoying breakpoint engine as it was, BROKEN, and threw farcry 6 on top of it. Farcry 5 and wildlands had less bugs but i know breakpoint had a lot of the bugs we're seeing today, it's like they took the engine and instead of keeping everything separate for the fc / gr games, they decided to scrap the older fc5 level engine and go with breakpoint which brought sooo many bugs into the game that new dawn and others didn't have.

The map style is wildlands / breakpoint, the vehicles seem thrown in on top of the existing framework but feels like there was 2 teams, FC and GR team, giving the FC team the newer engine build and not having the GR people help them with importing all the newer tools. This is what it feels like happened and yes there's multiple teams and as seen every single game in the AC / GR / FC series is now using the same engine build or at least valhalla seems more so it was nearer to the older fc5 engine style, built for smaller sections of maps.

I can't recommend anyone buy this game for another 6 months or more but am glad i only spent the $20 sub to play the content and move on from it, doesn't feel like i need a refund from playing a game that frequently breaks, i have a decently large and getting larger by the day bug post, 6 bugs today, 12 or so bugs yesterday, all different bugs or problems.

Ubisoft needs to kinda get in 3-4 UX people and work out stuff, it's hard enough knowing what each gear does without sitting there and reading through it for 20 mins on every page, just kinda wish they used icons to help with that in the image frame. That or allow me to fav some gear i like to use / switch to the most.

But yes this is the most mashed together game of them all when you consider it's literally showing it.

• The_Last_Seeker
    8 posts
    If enemies are wearing ballistic helmets and body armor, I don't expect them to instantly die. If you're wearing a ballistic helmet in real life and you survive a sniper shot to the head, should the sniper complain about bullet sponge? Of course not. While yes there are health bars and level gating in Far Cry 6, we shouldn't expect the trained military equipped with gear to instantly die. It makes sense for pirates, the Royal Army and cultists to die instantly, but as for the Privateers and the Royal Guard wearing helmets? They shouldn't die easily.

If you shoot and the round hits the helmet then (depending on the round) yes I can understand them surviving.

But no matter what armor they are wearing a direct bullseye headshot to the face (or side shot to the temple) should be instant death (one round one kill).

Breakpoint is a mess but the ONE thing they got right is that ANY weapon used for headshot will drop them.

oddly i just run full armour piercing with silencers and every weapon is a single shot if you collect things and rank up a tonne, once they are the same rank as you, the enemies are basically just one shot.
    I've been using my lvl 2 guns and it just wipes everything out except vehicles which i use the launcher for.

Helps even more when you snipe the head and use the reclaim bullet armour which gives you the ammo back if you shoot them in the head, means i use nearly 0 ammo on any base if enemies are spaced out enough.

• UnhappyLawbro
    Original poster 36 posts

@sofajockey Dude, I came from games like STALKER:COP, EFT and Insurgency Sandstorm. All of those games are punishing in terms of difficulty compared to FC6. Saying I need to "git gud" because I'm complaining about bullet sponge enemies is just so silly lol.
    I'm ofc not saying that Far Cry 6 needs to be more like those hardcore shooters. But I personally think that no shooter games trying to be at least semi-realistic should ever have bullet sponge enemies. It's just a lazy design choice to artificially increase the difficulty so the devs don't need to actually improve the AIs.

• KrayZee_
    98 posts

@the_last_seeker Far Cry is running on Dunia based on CryEngine. It's not running on AnvilNext.

• Madhawk80
    122 posts

It would be a rare thing indeed for a helmet to stop a sniper rifle round. Every real life round that I have ever fired and hit a helmet or body armor with has penetrated. Most won't stop 5.56 rounds let alone 7.62, .300 WinMag, 7mm Mag or the even more effective custom loads.

• willisxdc
    5 posts

@unhappylawbro
    1.5K views and your original post has 7 likes. That is less than 1/2 of 1% of the people that have read your post. 90% upvote? Looks like most of the thumbs up are on posts suggesting the opposite.

AP rounds. Headshots. Dead opponents. Get in a fire fight at close range and you're not dropping them? Machete works.

The game is what is designed to be. If the genre is changing, maybe because the formula sells. Go to the grocery store. They got bacon in boxes in the produce section! Things change. I am not going to stand in the aisle and scream that bacon belongs in a cooler in the meat aisle.

I have played Far Cry since the first installment. Every title has been different. Hated that we had to fight mutated monster monkeys, but got over it. You got the game. Now play it. It's not the game you wanted? Don't play it.

• guydodge
    49 posts

@unhappylawbro if you set up your weapons better their very easy to kill
    its the AI that needs to do more damage while there are dumb AI theres
    also good AI they just need to double their damage.

• DV20Katana
    184 posts
    But I personally think that no shooter games trying to be at least semi-realistic should ever have bullet sponge enemies. It's just a lazy design choice to artificially increase the difficulty so the devs don't need to actually improve the AIs.

I cannot agree more. One of the most hated things in game design. It does nothing but cause frustration. I just saw this in another DLC for an older Ubisoft game (GR Wildlands - Fallen Ghosts DLC). High level enemies in that game KEEP STANDING even if you're shooting at them with gatling guns from a helicopter gunship. Utterly ridiculous. And that game is meant to be a military shooter.

So the ideas from there they use in their other games. There should be some kind of gamer law where devs have to declare if there is bullet sponge in the game description so we get a heads up on what we are in for!

I hate games like The Division which are King of the Bullet Sponge but as friends who like it tell me - in a game like that its understandable. But for all other games like Far Cry, Ghost Recon series it should never be used. Its a lazy and immersion breaking way of making the game "hard".

• UnhappyLawbro
    Original poster 36 posts

@willisxdc The 90% upvote I mentioned was about the reddit post I linked, it has nothing to do with my own thread here. So not even sure what's the point you are trying to make. But if you really want to talk about how many "likes" my post has, then you should also look at your own, which has 0, so that must mean nobody agrees with you by your logic right?

• ExpertPegasus41
    8 posts

@alexanderbayek - In what world can a real man take more than 3 shots and live? The games should be as realistic as possible.

• DV20Katana
    184 posts

We need an "immersive mode" (similar to GR Breakpoint) without these RPG elements where:

1. We can only carry 2 weapons that have one-hit headshot kill no matter what kind of round
    2. There are no super powers like xray vision, "tagging", alert clouds and any of the other HUD Superman skills (should not be available in the menu while in Immersive Mode) HUD elements like compass are fine.
    3. No clown weapons like guns with motorcycle engine and backpack rocket launcher (they shouldn't appear in Immersive Mode)
    4. Where AA cannot shoot you down when flying 2cm off the ground
    5. No cartoon animals like combat rooster, attack croc and 2 leg dog (they shouldn't appear in Immersive Mode)

I'm not saying remove the above - I'm saying give us a menu item choice. This way both kinds of gamer are happy! Come on Ubisoft it will add such replayability to your games and bring in more buyers.

• Flanker1Six
    228 posts

@dv20katana Greqt suggestion! +1

• DV20Katana
    184 posts

@flanker1six
    Thank you!
    DCS player? (Noticed your handle aha!)

• Wardog_882018
    2 posts

@unhappylawbro The 50 cal is trash too. Takes like 3 shots to kill people....

• Aazhyd
    71 posts

More in general: we need more modes to play. A higher difficulty level is needed badly. More replayability ditto.

• DV20Katana
    184 posts

@wardog_882018
    1 round from that should shred a human but not a Ubi .50

Suggested Topics