Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 11 Likes/60 Replies/1196 Views
    UnhappyLawbro
    Original poster 25 posts

Why does Ubisoft have to make every games like this? Division 1 and 2, AC Odyssey, Valhalla, Breakpoint and now FC6.
    It's just awful because when you empty an entire mag on an enemy, your character is no longer using guns, but toys shooting plastic BB bullets.
    This focus on RPG also ties in the awful looting system. You can't even pick up an enemy's dropped weapon...[censored]?? It's just not a realistic shooter at all anymore but more like the Division 3. The whole weapon-finding and upgrading thing is also much more tedious than fun.
    Hope for a future update that introduces an option that turn off this stupid RPG features like you did for Breakpoint.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SofaJockey
    370 posts

@unhappylawbro I've found no issue dealing with enemies if you mod and upgrade the weapons.

• ComManDerNomad
    22 posts

About 20 hours in and i haven't experienced anything like you described. Put AP rounds on everything and shoot the head. No bullet sponges.

• nhisso
    6 posts

I hate when RPGs dont let you loot enemies completely too. However, I have not experienced bullet sponge any thing in this game. 2 to 3 shots to the chest is instant death. Head shots take 1 shot. Not sure what else you want.

• AlexanderBayek
    21 posts

@unhappylawbro Just what the hell are you talking about?! My main complain for this game right now is that it's too easy! Right from the start,very few enemies can sustain more than 3 shots.

• UnhappyLawbro
    Original poster 25 posts

@commandernomad LOL so you haven't experienced anything I described? So you are telling me you are able to pick up enemy weapons rather than finding them as loot?

And what's the point of putting this whole "bullet systems" in the game if your solution is to just use AP rounds for every enemies? Does this sound like a smart design choice for you if the game basically makes you just use one choice and ignore all others?? They might as well just have one "normal" bullet system like in any other shooter game that's semi-realistic. Because that sure as hell ain't the case with the default bullet in this game.

• UnhappyLawbro
    Original poster 25 posts

@alexanderbayek you probably came from the Division games and maybe you should stay there rather than hoping that they make the Far Cry series more like the former.

For all of you who say the enemies aren't bullet spongies, I don't know if we are even playing the same game or our definition of bullet-sponge is completely different, so I guess even if I record a whole video of me empty a mag on an enemy to kill him, you guys would still find some way to defend it. So don't take my words for it, take a look at this post with 1.5k, 90% upvotes.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/farcry/comments/q4ip0c/it_takes_4_sniper_shots_to_kill_one_regular_guy/

So you guys who have no problem with the current system, good for you. I'm asking Ubisoft to add an option that turns off the RPG BS and let people who prefer more realistic actions to play differently. You can keep enjoying the status quo so what I'm saying shouldn't even affect you at all.

• AlexanderBayek
    21 posts

@unhappylawbro that's ONLY the sniper rifles, not assault rifles, SMGs, LMGs, and pistols. If you are complaining about the damage mechanics of sniper rifles, I am 100% with you. It seems that for sniper rifles, there is a severe punishment for damage if you hit anywhere outside the head box.
    But PLEASE don't jump to hasty conclusions like all weapons are bullet spongy. I use mostly rifles, SMGs, and LMGs, and I'm telling you no common enemy shall survive for more that half a second. One-shot if you you hit them on the head. Provided you are using AP bullets.
    And no, I am not from the Division games. Please don't label people like that.

• KrayZee_
    76 posts

@unhappylawbro You obviously never played Far Cry 1, Far Cry Instincts, Far Cry Instincts Evolution, Far Cry Instincts Predator or Far Cry 2. In Far Cry 2, there are shirtless enemies who are still alive after being shot into their chest and back.

• DarkBlueAgent
    7 posts

I am going to have to agree. It is just a stupid system that has no place in Far Cry games. Shows you what they have planned for future games.

As mentioned above, unless you use AP rounds, even a 50 cal sniper rifle needs 3 body shots unless fully upgraded. I am using the best semi-auto rifle at the moment, fully upgraded. If you are higher than your enemy, one body shot with AP rounds, kills them. But the whole idea of not being able to change your bullet/arrow type on the fly is beyond stupid.

You cannot pick up weapons because the game's a looter shooter with microtransactions in disguise. Why? Because people actually like this and even buy the weapons with real money. Sad I know. It wouldn't be like this if it didn't work.

I wanted it to have skills too. But if those skills were something like "3% damage fall damage reduction" or "5% slower detection time" no thanks. I prefer the old far cry skills.

• UnhappyLawbro
    Original poster 25 posts

@alexanderbayek I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention to "label" you, nor do I imply that Division players are somehow inferiors. It's just that the Division games have a completely different system, and I definitely do not like the direction that many Ubisoft games are heading, seemingly trying to make all their series into Division-like looter-shooters.
    I do not agree that only sniper rifle have this problem though they are certainly the worst offenders. If you use the basic bullets, most guns just don't do all that much damage. Also, a high velocity bullet that can kill an armor damage requires quite a few shots to kill regular enemies. That just makes zero sense.
    I know headshot will deal more damage but I think it's just silly that games forces you to only do headshots. In real life, one bullet to the chest would kill enemies in most cases too, and I don't think a game like Far Cry should have so many different bullets (which you can't even craft on the fly, so it's just pointless tedium). It's a new feature that completely departs from earlier games. If some people like it, sure. But I really want an option to turn this off and have only normal basic bullets that deal the damage they should deal.

• AlexanderBayek
    21 posts

@unhappylawbro Some basic thoughts:

1. One cannot argue for bullet sponginess when using the most basic weapons in a game with RPG elements. Especially as AP bullets unlock very early on in the game that you can use it almost throughout the entire game.
    2. Unless you are fighting enemies that are of much higher level than you character, AP bullets on most weapons kill enemies almost instantly, regardless of enemy type. “Quite a few shots” is an inaccurate statement in that 2-5 bullets aren’t really that much.
    3. As aforementioned, if you are saying that sniper rifle mechanics makes zero sense, I would fully agree. But that’s a poorly designed weapon type alone, and does not reflect the bullet sponginess of a game.

• DEDloc
    31 posts

Yeah, body shots with the basic weapons pretty useless. It's almost like you're expected to actually think.....also, headshots are totally a thing.

If I can double tap the head, it's not a bullet sponge. Period.

• UnhappyLawbro
    Original poster 25 posts

@darth_potat0 You literally just said body-shots are useless, and then turn around and say there are no bullet spongey enemies....How delusional are you?
    I expected a realistic shooter game, not a RPG.

• UnhappyLawbro
    Original poster 25 posts

@alexanderbayek But that's EXACTLY what I'm complaining about, the whole RPG aspect of a game in a series that never had those (until New Dawn) craps and never should have. I'm not just going to be satisfied by switching to another bullet type and only doing headshots on enemies closer to your levels. None of those limitations SHOULD EXIST in a Far Cry game to begin with. Once again, this is NOT and should NOT be more like the Division.

• Akira1364
    159 posts

In this thread: people using the acronym "RPG" in all manner of bizarre, nonsensical ways.

• SofaJockey
    370 posts
    I expected a realistic shooter game, not a RPG.

Have you played a Far Cry game before?
    It has a certain attitude.
    It's not Ghost Recon.

And RPG elements are there to make the game more interesting (which they do). 😊

• rickidoo2010
    82 posts

I do think they have some combat balancing to do and am hoping that happens in the 1st patch.

I have been playing on the PC and I have impeccable aim 🙂 so I always hit the head. But for those that haven't achieved my level of combat greatness or who are playing with controllers which (I understand) can be less precise than a mouse.... I can understand how things can become frustrating in combat.

I do miss being able to pick up fallen weapons, that was always a lot of fun in prior games and sometimes could make difference in combat. Not sure why this mechanic was dropped.

I found FC 5 mind numbing easy and it wasn't until the moders gave us more options that the game became challenging. New Dawn on the other had started out slow, but after a time combat became very challenging. I can still see those spider-man dressed enemies in my sleep. I am hoping that FC 6 becomes more challenging in combat. I do think the enemies are smarter about flanking etc, but dumb in other ways. To be honest, I feel like I am the Terminator right now. Again, perhaps the patch will rebalance.

• UnhappyLawbro
    Original poster 25 posts

@rickidoo2010 yeah honestly I think devs are just being lazy by increasing difficulty through artificial ways like creating bullet-sponge enemies instead of making actually smart AIs that adopt real tactics.
    I could also shoot every enemy in the head if I want to, it's not a topic about skill or aim. I'm complaining about the lack of realism. If a game forces you to just shoot head to kill, it is not a fun game to me because it's just creating limitations for the sake of making the game more artificially difficult and tedious. If they put this in the Division, whatever, but no mainline FC games has had this ridiculous limitation before.

• UnhappyLawbro
    Original poster 25 posts

@sofajockey Of course I have. I played FC3, FC4 and FC5. None of them had leveled enemies with health bar and almost-unkillable with regular bullets unless been shot in the head.
    It's not Ghost Recon but it's also not the Division.
    I shouldn't have said RPG elements since previous FC games also had RPG elements like leveling and skills. But the newly introduced RPG elements (some since New Dawn) like unlootable enemy weapons aren't welcome by many fans of the series.

Suggested Topics