ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Orangeb1ood503
    Original poster 5 posts

I have enjoyed every game in this series, but Far Cry 6 has been so frustrating to me. First, what is the deal with all these long animations that NOBODY ever asked for. it takes way too long to start a vehicle, the time to ADS is way to slow, the reload, way too slow, opening a parachute? yup, you guessed it, way to slow. why did anyone sign off on all these slow animations? Also, why does it switch to 3rd person for the camps? its is so jarring to hit an invisible barrier and switch between 1st and 3rd person? and why can't I jump in 3rd person? this is so annoying. Next is the looting. why would anyone ever want to hold a button to pick up the thousands of mats needed for upgrades? this should be an auto-pickup for that loot, nobody is going to pass that stuff up so make it so you pick it up by walking over it. Also, in the options menu, I can turn off the hold to interact, which I did but then it changes to a double tap which is just stupid. why would I want a double tap option? just let me tap to interact. Last grip, for now, the detection system for loot is beyond terrible. If there are two lootable/readable items near each other you have to move around for the perfect spot to get the loot you need instead of reading a letter. how is this still an issue for devs in 2021?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ConnorSRousseau
    9 posts

@orangeb1ood503 I love the entire premise of the Farcry series. Liberating a map from an evil enemy dictator is so excilerating, but the entire idea of liberating a country means that I should be able to see the RESULTS of such liberation.

I am very sick of completing missions and liberating compounds, castles, tobacco fields, and blockades just to see that once the mission is complete, NOTHING changes. The enemies are still there, they still spawn, and I'm trespassing on the island I have LIBERATED. The enemy flag STILL flies. It doesn't make sense and breaks the entire sense of immersion. The only places that actually get liberated are the way too scattered outposts and roadblocks. I miss Farcry 5 where the cult would retreat from areas you LIBERATE. The American flag replaced the cult flag wherever you traveled. It's what made it feel so fun when I conquered territory and freed the citizens of Hope County!

It sucks when the blockade I blew up is still there as if NOTHING happened. It sucks when the dotted red lines, enemy flags, and hostile territory remains on the island I LIBERATED. It's as if the progression of the story and my acts to liberate the island amount to nothing.

Please, please, please, resolve this issue! I spent too much on this game to not get a TRUE Farcry experience! 😞

• MePlayingGTA
    34 posts

Almost nothing negative to say but still a little something. First, I totally hate it when user interface disappears while moving from region to another. Sometimes I have took a wrong turn at junctions, thanks for that. Then it's extremely annoying when the game auto-tracks main missions (and sometimes side missions) forcifully even when another mission is not even ready yet. This morning this flaming auto-track disturbed my progress of a Yaran story.

• hiattfamily
    4 posts
    Almost nothing negative to say but still a little something. First, I totally hate it when user interface disappears while moving from region to another. Sometimes I have took a wrong turn at junctions, thanks for that.

OMG this. The mini map disappears always at the wrong time. Pop the region notice somewhere else!

And the accept/reject choice in co-op. They Are reversed from controller layout.

• Blackwolfe5
    22 posts

@hiattfamily Agreed, I would very much like to see if I am about to enter a restricted area or not but noo.. stupid damn popup every single time..

At the very least don't have it turn off the minimap.

• GhettoBastick99
    2 posts

I have random crashes ... music play along but game is closed.. just freezes.. .got a 2080ti card and a high end pc with alot of ssd space.. what is wrong here no other game crashes like that and i got like 1400 games. wth

• Orangeb1ood503
    Original poster 5 posts

@meplayinggta this is yet another complaint I have, this has interfered with me getting to a destination multiple times. A) never take the HUD away from me, B) what is the deal with all the slo mo after completing every objective? like bases, ok that is fine, but every single objective?

• Orangeb1ood503
    Original poster 5 posts

@ghettobastick99 why is there no universal setting to not have music playing everytime you get in a vehicle? it is so loud and annoying as hell.

• patrol444
    4 posts

3rd thread I've found with the disappearing HUD when crossing regions being mentioned.

I would consider this a serious gameplay design flaw or even a bug. It happens regardless of being on foot or in a vehicle / on a horse / on a plane. When the character moves between regions, the whole HUD (map, waypoint, any indicators) disappears from the screen for the duration of the region name being displayed. This affects the gameplay severely as when you're in battle you lose the map and all indicators of HUD if you happen to cross the region border. And if you happen to cross it back and forth you will get stuck in a deadlock of region names popping up permanently. When you fly you lose the waypoint and the map every few seconds for few seconds at a time. Absolutely abysmal design. Turning location/character discovery off in the settings does not help as the HUD still disappears for the same amount of time but without region names coming up. Hope Ubisoft sees this. It's all over reddit.

Suggested Topics