Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• A Former User
    Original poster 0 posts

I just purchased Assassin's Creed: Origins from Steam. It installed. I attempt to start but it does not identify to my account. It is not listed when I log into Ubisoft as a game associated with my account. Steam indicates I do own it and it is installed (verified) but it will not play. Although I use a VPN, this is not VPN related. Ubisoft does not identify with my ownership of this game. Why not? I have also used Steam Verify and it did complete without error.

I also tried logging a ticket with Ubisoft Support, but the website appears to be broken as it does not resolve and complete my request, so here I am.

I have no problems with Assassin's Creed: Odyssey so it is not a local issue but something related to the Steam version of the game of Ubisoft Connect (which is failing for this game).

I would have attached an image of the error in Steam, but no apparent option, so here it the message long hand version;
    ----
    Ubisoft Connect

Starting Game
    There was a problem authenticating the ownership of this product. Please contact customer support if you need help solving this problem.
    ----

Ubisoft did allow me to log a ticket through the website support process, so that might be broken as well.
    Assassin's Creed: Origins is not listed in my Library on Ubisoft.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• A Former User
    Original poster 0 posts

I think I figured out the issue.
    It appears I have (2) Ubisoft accounts under different IDs.
    ACO got logged under one account that I do not use, along with Far Cry Primal.
    I need both those games to be logged under my current gaming account.

• A Former User
    Original poster 0 posts

Well, that doesn't appear to matter. I [Start] the game, it appears to connect through Ubisoft connect,...and then nothing.
    All that is displayed is the initial game splash screen and the game never starts.
    Steam indicates it is Running.
    Ubisoft indicates, well nothing really, just the [Play] button is inactive as if it has started something.
    Task Manager shows (2) Assassin's Creed Origins applications listed under Assassin's Creed Origins so it is "running" (2) instances of the game simultaneously?
    Unsure what to do/ask next. The Ubisoft "Support" area does NOT allow me to create a Help ticket for some reason. Either that or the dialog remains as last input with no indication of a ticket being created and I now have 40 tickets for the same issue.

This is not a System issue as I play all types of games, including other Ubisoft games.

I would really like to know how to solve this/these problems as the solutions are not apparent or accessible form a user end.

And also noted in Task Manager it through my power usage to 'VERY HIGH' running ACO.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1108 posts

Hey @offroadace

Sorry to hear you have issues launching the game. If you would like to get your games transferred to the correct account first of all, please can you reach out via support ticket / live chat or social media private message on the links below so we can help out with this, as we need to verify your account ownership first and can't do this on a public forum.

Tickets & Live Chat

Twitter

Facebook

If you still have an issue launching the game (or both of them) after that, you can just reply back to us either here, or in your private message and we can move on to help you out with that too.

Just to let you know, save data won't be possible to transfer between accounts unfortunately, but if you decide to leave these games on your 2nd account and just want help launching the game, just let us know here instead.

Official Response
  • kNewBcaveman
    3 posts

@ubi-froggard Thanks for the response.

I don't have Twitter or FB.
    I try to [Submit My Case] from the Ubisoft 'Contact Us' option, but nothing happens (I am logged in when I try). No errors and the page does not progress. I don't know if it has actually submitted my case (multiple times for every try) or just ignoring me which seems more likely.

This is what I tried to submit.
    ----
    I just purchased Assassin's Creed: Origins from Steam and there are a couple of issues. (1) it was applied to an older account, which I still have access, but want it transferred and (2) the game does not start. If I log into Ubisoft Connect I see the game and can select [Play]. It appears to initialize through Steam, but nothing happens and the game does not load. How can I get the game transferred to my primary account and get the game to then play. Far Cry Primal is also on this account that needs to be transferred also.
    ----

Also, there appears to be no way to request help from Ubisoft Connect, Unsure if that is or is not by design.

• Ubi-Froggard

Hey @knewbcaveman

No worries, I can create the support case for you. Can you just let me know the username of the account that has Far Cry Primal and Assassin's Creed Origins on? As that is the account the ticket needs to be created on.

Official Response
  • kNewBcaveman
    3 posts

@ubi-froggard Thanks for the help. The account ID is Offroadace. So moving Far Cry Primal and AC Origins to knewbcaveman.

• Ubi-Froggard

@kNewBcaveman

The case has been created for you.so someone will be in contact with you through there as soon as possible and you'll get an email when they do.

Official Response
  • kNewBcaveman
    3 posts

@ubi-froggard Thanks for the help. I did receive the ticket.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1370 posts

Good to hear it @knewbcaveman !

To keep the discussions focussed, we'll continue this via your ongoing ticket from here on.

Thank you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics