ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• KrayZee_
    96 posts
    @mrsir1980 There's this whole 'no violence against women movement' because it is common knowledge that women have a disadvantage compared to men physically. Also many western armies now have lowered physical training standards only for women. Leaving the male physical standards at a high standard. This also is because it is known that women as a whole are not built to be fighters in the sense that men are.

Also I did some research on Cuba and similar countries to what Yara is trying to represent. Their militias, armies and any anti government movements are comprised solely of male fighters.

Equality does not exist in war like environments. It's a peacetime societal luxury.

For Navy SEALs, women are required to do the same exact training as the men. Just recently, a woman did indeed pass the U.S. Navy SEAL officer training course.

• Madhawk80
    122 posts

@krayzee_ One whole woman passed the course, impressive! Was her name Lagertha by chance? 😛

• Spidey456
    11 posts

SWCC Still bad @ss But Not a Navy Seal..... Just to eliminate confusion

• Sparhawk122
    80 posts

@krayzee_ Meanwhile Rainbow 6 Siege implies that there's as many women special forces operatives as there are men.... When in fact only one has managed to pass the first phase of the Navy Seals testing. And none have yet managed to get into the UK or Australian Special Forces.

• Sparhawk122
    80 posts

@alexanderbayek It's more immersion killing when you are in the Armed Forces.

I'm in the RAA. Royal Australian Artillery and this November will reach 12 years of service. In all my time I've only seen a couple female soldiers who can hold their own against the male soldiers. And that's the new gen men who are more cardio and less physically robust. The old school and burly men who are very physically robust and have deployments under their belts. The female soldiers can't hold a candle to them.

Our BFA (Basic Fitness Assessment) varies for age and gender. The biggest difference for the BFA is for gender. Women get a drastically easier BFA compared to the male entries.

Men whom are 18 years old need to achieve:

40 Push Ups in 2 minutes.
    70 Sit Ups.
    11:18 minutes on a 2.4km run.

Women whom are 18 years old need to achieve:

20 push ups in 2 minutes (Half the amount compared to the male soldiers)
    70 sit ups (Same amount as the men)
    13:30 Minutes on the 2.4km run (well over 2 minutes extra compared to the males)

So if our female soldiers were to ever go to war. They would be less prepared then the men fitness wise. And when you are doing fire and movement, leopard crawling, pack marching etc. Fitness matters. Definitely when you need to do all that in SCE. Decently heavy soldier combat ensemble. Being your load carriage equipment/body armour, helmet and ocular protection.

What annoys me about this new age of politics is that when women get it easier fitness wise. And treated less harshly discipline wise in our job. Us men who get treated like trash, work our butts off. Are not getting represented in new media. It's the women who get the majority representation in all entertainment now. Hell even games that are supposed to be semi realistic like the Tom Clancy games (Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six: Siege) imply that it's equal in our Armed Forces for genders. It's not. Men get harder barriers for standards. And still make up the vast bulk of the demographic for the forces. Yet are now getting 30-50% Representation in war games. Also more of us die in training accidents because we are always chosen for high risk activities over women. And the media spits on our service.

Do these writers who live in a bubble realise this?

• a22ghooligan
    43 posts

@sparhawk122 wow! spot on mate!!!

No the writers have a box checking sheet to go through, which is more about 'equality' rather than reality.....

the 'woke' west in a nutshell

• KrayZee_
    96 posts

@sparhawk122 You have to keep in mind that times are changing, whether you like it or not. There's definitely more female US Marines these days. Even if the training would be easier for women, they'll still carry the same equipment. It's not like they'll make the M4 Carbine any lighter in terms of weight just for women. Women do have some advantages over their male counterparts, like trying to talk to female civilians in a foreign country.

As for something fictional like Rainbow Six Siege... women have already appeared in Rainbow Six as far back as the first game in 1998 and in Ghost Recon since the first game in 2001. As for these days, there are definitely way more women working at Ubisoft. In fact, the very first Assassin's Creed game's producer is Jade Raymond. As for Ubisoft's decision to have Valkyrie exist as a Navy SEAL in Rainbow Six Siege is simply representation for girl gamers and the fact that they do allow women to become a Navy SEAL. The British SAS in Siege doesn't have a single female operator because Ubisoft are trying it to keep it accurate since women are not allowed in the British SAS. Sure there are currently no female Navy SEALs, but it may happen eventually.

If men are dying off in war, eventually women will be fighting like what is seen in the French Resistance in World War 2 or fighting against the Americans as Viet Cong in the Vietnam war. It's not even far fetched for women to fight. There are female guerrillas and Ubisoft already acknowledges that. They do exist. Women who do not want to become comfort women will eventually try to defend themselves against the Japanese during World War 2.

Even if Antón Castillo has a military with a lot of women in it, so do the Soviet Armed Forces. Even though Castillo is a dictator, so is Kim Jong-un and his father Kim Jong-il. Even Xi Jinping serving as General Secretary. While yes women are in the minority when it comes to military, they still exist as the world watches them march in a Chinese or North Korean military parade. Would they be in combat? Probably not. Were they in uniform equipped with a rifle? They certainly are. Is it far fetched to see them oppress the civilian population? Sure, but it is interesting to see them in action even in a fictional country called Yara in Far Cry 6.

Sure men outnumber women. Sure men have to train harder. Far Cry 6 is simply a work of fiction, you have to keep that in mind. Still, we have to keep in mind that even real life dictators have women in the military. So it's not really unrealistic.

• Madhawk80
    122 posts

@krayzee_ I sold a couple of Pit Bull pups to two female soldiers a couple of months ago, they were both hot as hell, I couldn't believe it compared to the women that were there when I served. I was sure surprised and told them how hot they looked (my wife was not impressed). Things are changing some good and some real bad, I feel sorry for the kids that are going in the service these days. They could have at least made the female soldiers in-game not so phony rough.

• AlexanderBayek
    21 posts

@sparhawk122 dude I’m totally against putting female soldiers in the game. @the wrong person maybe?

• AnimusLover
    281 posts

@sparhawk122 We're doomed if we have insecure men like you fighting our battles to be honest. Far Cry 6 is a video game where your pet rooster can kill heavily armoured guards. Get a grip.

• A Former User
    0 posts
    @mortilla_ On a a more serious note, some of us need to relate game content to realistic experiences to truly immerse. A significant portion of female soldiers in an army, especially an underdeveoped one without futuristic technologies, really makes it hard to believe.

@alexanderbayek Luckily you have a pet crocodile and resolver weaponry to balance these things out. 🙂

• Sparhawk122
    80 posts

@animuslover Men like me have done fine in Afghan and Iraq. Maybe get America to open conscription to women instead of only men for the next world war. See how that turns out.

• AnimusLover
    281 posts

@mortilla_ I feel like some of the posters here should just admit they don't like women and stop hiding behind 'realism'. When you bring up some of the absurd things you can do in the game they ignore it; it's hilarious.

• GameGuru2018
    220 posts
  • keid4n
    1 posts

@nhisso
    Female enemies: nonsensical on a leftist dictatorship (disregarding "Las Marianas" platoon funded by Castro [censored]).
    Handicapped dog and dressed alligator as alies: Perfectly fine.

• likeapresident
    20 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • likeapresident
    20 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • likeapresident
    20 posts
    Agree. I Also feel like a psychopath using those brutal melee kill animations on women soldiers. LOL Doesn't feel right. Laugh 🤣

By the way, they really overdid it with those animations. They take 2 times as long as a professional takedown, and their brutality imply that you have something personal or something with that specific enemy 😕

same feeling here with the machete attack. This game is truly violent and I grew up on the era of Mortal Kombat and NightTrap .

This game would have got banned if it existed in the 90s.

• A Former User
    0 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • A Former User
    0 posts
    I feel like some of the posters here should just admit they don't like women and stop hiding behind 'realism'. When you bring up some of the absurd things you can do in the game they ignore it; it's hilarious.

@animuslover Yes.

Claiming to advocate for realism in a Far Cry game is a good joke, especially when you target female NPC's.

Hey - each to their own, right? 🐷

Suggested Topics