ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Tesc5435
    12 posts

@mrsir1980 The point here is that it doesn't make sense within the setting.

• leroy198532
    32 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • leroy198532
    32 posts
    @krayzee_ One whole woman passed the course, impressive! Was her name Lagertha by chance? 😛

Yeah rite, and who wrote that report, can we actually see her do it ? Orherwise its utter nonsense i garunteed.

• mrsir1980
    69 posts

@tesc5435 The point here is yes it does. After 50 years of civil war, the male population would be far lower than the female, so the female population has to step up and fight. In fact, many regimes execute men and boys, making it even more likely that women would have to fight. It makes perfect sense, If you pay attention in game, the 67 revolution was mainly male fighters. This is about fragile male egos being butthurt and screaming "but the realism" when it actually fits how societies are after being decimated by war. Low male, high female population. This would mean there would be a higher percentage of female soldiers and guerillas.

• mrsir1980
    69 posts

@leroy198532 Looking at this thread, its the men today that are entitled, spoilt, insecure and have a superiority complex ... in fact your post screams this lol.

• AnimusLover
    265 posts

@leroy198532 Your final paragragh wonderfully negates anything you said beforehand. Thanks for the laughs.

• A Former User
    0 posts

Yikes, guys.

• Sparhawk122
    80 posts

@mrsir1980 You have any experience fighting?

Male MMA fighters are in a different league compared to female MMA fighters. Hence no mixed gender MMA.

• webartist30
    21 posts

@tesc5435 LOL, true Gaddafi had some very pretty 'elite' bodyguards.

• flybyme
    188 posts

I'm playing this game as a female for a change. The original poster wants to look at how many females are in the army these days, you just need to see photos of the Chinese Army. I also think the OP needs to get out of his cave and look around.

• Madhawk80
    122 posts

@flybyme Don't fall for the propaganda shots of militaries around the world, the men still do a huge percentage of the fighting.

• mrsir1980
    69 posts

@sparhawk122 Picking and choosing what to argue about, yet no reply to my comment about war torn nations ending up with a far higher percentage of females to males in the population, making any arguments about the females being in the army or the guerillas null and void. A fully trained MMA male fighter might beat a fully trained MMA female fighter, but a trained female can still beat most men in a fight and I stand by my argument that a trained female is just as good at fighting as Bruce Lee, if not better. This whole thread just reads as a bunch of insecure men getting their knickers in a twist and screaming realism just because a strong woman offends them or makes them feel less superior. In the 67 revolution, the pics and notes in game show that the forces were largely men. In the current revolution its about 50-50 and many of the leaders are women. This makes sense. After WW2, women i(n Europe) vastly outnumbered men in many countries and women had to fill many previously male only roles. Even during the war, women filled traditional male roles, and women were actively involved in the French resistance movement during [censored] occupation. If a country has had its male population decimated by fighting and regimes for decades, it makes sense that a high proportion of those fighting would actually be female due to dwindling numbers of men of fighting age. Plus, many regimes have been known to actively cull the male population to try to prevent uprisings.

• A Former User
    0 posts

@mrsir1980 Stop. 😥

Bruce Lee was not a fighter - comparing him (or Jeet Kune Do practitioners in general) to a female MMA fighter is super ignorant because the skillset is different and also literally generations apart.

Other than that, I agree with everything you said. The problem is that you're trying to convey a message of substance to people who would rather resort to bigotry. You will never change any of these minds, especially on the internet. Take my word for it, or don't, and have fun if that's your jam. 🐷

• GameGuru2018
    186 posts

• Sparhawk122
    80 posts

@mortilla_ Best comparison then is to compare female fighter to male fighter. No?

• b101_uk
    22 posts

I guess some people don't realise in some parts of the world military service is compulsory for X period of time regardless of gender, and is generally only deferred if you join the police, fire service or heath service, or you are medically unfit due to disability, or you have a job to which a derogation applies etc.

e.g. China, Israel, North Korea and Sweden spring to mind.

• KrayZee_
    94 posts
    Yeah rite, and who wrote that report, can we actually see her do it ? Orherwise its utter nonsense i garunteed.

@leroy198532 Ugh your spelling.

While I doubt you can, go ahead and ask Rear Admiral Hugh W. Howard III yourself. This happened 3 months ago. Of course the US military will not disclose her identity due to privacy, but they're proud of her and her accomplishments. And unsurprisingly people like you are not going to believe it. Like I said to someone else here, times are changing whether you like it or not. It's 2021, we're not living in 1941.

• Madhawk80
    122 posts

@krayzee_ ...and in another report a *** is claimed to be the first female Admiral, reports from the Brass are funny things.

• flybyme
    188 posts

During World War 2 a lot of the resistance groups across Europe were composed of women as the men had joined the military.

• Varjag31
    11 posts

@flybyme

Not invested into this topic one way or another, just from a historian standpoint and as someone coming from one of the countries with a more active resistance during WW2, with family history in the resistance -

None of the resistance groups in europe were made out of women. Most of them had female (and child) fighters - percentages were different by country, but they were predominantly composed by men. Militaries in most of the occupied countries fell apart as they were conquered and men who did not get killed in the initial fighting, went to form the resistance movements. A little bit different in the countries that collaborated, but the principle was the same.

Suggested Topics