ubisoft discussions

quick-suggestions

• FSR disabled whenever we relaunch the game

1 likes/6 replies/179 views
    cyberfredcobra
    Original poster ubisoft:x-posts, 9

Hi guys

another bug for me : it seems the FSR parameter is disable whenever we relaunch the game.
    I enable it , set the quality , play the game normally but when I relaunch the game , FSR is still disable.
    Have you the same behaviour with this parameter ?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• kopasov
    ubisoft:x-posts, 5
  • Eccentric81
    ubisoft:x-posts, 11

@cyberfredcobra
    this may be by default your game loads its default resolution FSR is upscaling that resolution. so it needs to be at the original one to start with. as your OS or other resolutions may change and toggling FSR on needs to disable antialiasing and other things in the game files and settings. sadly nvidia troll morons and intel idiots cripple all their games so they dont work with AMD but you can try and deal with it by setting your AA to a lower in game setting like FXAA or MSAA (their TAA sucks balls) and then you in adrenaline set AA to enhance application and select adaptive multisampling then try with morphological enabled or disabled depending your preferences. it'll look better and game way faster.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 2297

Hey there @cyberfredcobra, can you please try this again and let me know if this issue is persisting?

@Eccentric81 - I appreciate that you may also be experiencing a similar problem and you would like to help out, however please refrain from bumping old threads. You can read more about our forum rules here.

official-response
  • Eccentric81
    ubisoft:x-posts, 11

@cyberfredcobra
    Hi
    Sorry i figured it out.. all the FSR you often see isnt true
    you can make a new empty text file named config.ini in the folder of game EXE or in your my documents directory.
    If you just type FSR=true things will look a bit more FSR ish.
    but then for FSR theres different commands more closer to or maybe actual lossless resizing and rescaling.
    You can try ResolutionScaling function
    The Rescaler. The Resizer, the Upscaler, the ImageQualityRate=2.0 and also TextureSize and TextureQualitySize
    Renderer=true or rendering=true or render=true and rendermode=true and modes for rendering and renderer and RenderResolution= (enter your number here my AMD 5700xt games okay in some titles all ultra 32k render resolution. but its not got HDMI 2.1 so for HDR 10bit full RGB 444 120hz i must limit windows OS display to 1080p But theres little performance difference between it and 16k. With such high render resolution
    Then use "rendertodisplay"
    and consider rather than upscaling, rendering the game in real time at a lower display resolution, but making it uber high quality render.
    You can also enable things like Variable shader rate FidelityFX VS =true to crisp things up
    or VRS=true

Use the AA method best suited for the game title maybe FXAA MSAA or TAA try them out by typing in antialiasing=TAA 8xadaptivemultisampling or 8xEQadaptivemultisampling after the TAA or FXAA
    or MSAA
    Supersampling is also an option.
    The rendered game world on my 5700xt is rendered to FAR finer details and higher quality down to additive light particles in the 3d reality physical world it generates with details down to the light particles level of rendering. RDNA is made for working with genetics quality graphics like skin cells.
    But if you search fidelityFX on GPUopen.com which runs on all computers and devices not just AMD or windows 11 or playstation/xbox and qualcomm android snapdragon chip phones it'll even run on cheap asian phones and tablets.. probably better than on intel and nvidia. GPUopen website teaches you command line commands and functions to allow you to tell FSR how to function with each game not just "turn it on" or use fake settings so it pretends to be just as [censored] as it is on nvidia and intel.
    AMD has been ray tracing and ray casting since the FIRST radeon card. the word raytracer or whatever is radeon in latin or was it italian or korean? whatever.
    If you do things right you can 8k VR gaming on your android mobile device as LG/samsung/oneplus/xiaomi and many others have a tiny sliver of an AMD GPU in there that uses like 1 watt per year (exaggeration?)
    Dont forget the FidelityFX superresolution = true is also an option

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 2297

Hey there @eccentric81, thanks for taking the time to provide this additional information, I appreciate it! Please note that we cannot promote the use of 3rd party software as a workaround, as this can conflict with game files and cause issues running the game. 

Players are welcome to try suggestions regarding 3rd party software, but you would be doing so at their own risk, and Ubisoft Support will be unable to assist regarding any issues that may result from using third-party software to modify game files in an unauthorised way. Let me know if you have any questions!

official-response

Suggested Topics