ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TrebleTA
    Original poster 8 posts

Hi all, the Trains don't seem to work delivering my oil anymore correctly. I have tried all in 1 loop yet they just go throw the building yet don't fill up or just fill a little to 49/100, I have tried single tracks to each plant, refinery, Tractors, yet the trains all 7 of them like to go to the refinery and to the tractor fuel farm. and my power plants constantly run low yet I have tons of oil.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @TrebleTA, thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear about the issue you ran into.

So for the power plants, you will need 300% productivity per plant. As for the tracks, I would suggest to try building double tracks instead (only for the main routes though), as well as have cross connections, just to see if issue continues to persist when there are alternative routes.

Keep us updated!

Official Response
  • TrebleTA
    Original poster 8 posts
    its since I played again of late with season 2 pack I now have the problems. The trains dont like the power plants. Yet oil refinery I get many trains, I've tried double tracks, 1 big track in a loop 4 indervidal tracks tracks going here and there but My power plants dont get oil. Trains long as my arm all in a line yet dont stop were they should. Never had this problem before.

Also not sure how you mean by 300% productivity.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Appreciate your swift response!

What I meant regarding the 300% productivity is that you'll need 3 oil wells per plant as you happen to be running low.

So that we could look into this particular matter further, would I be able to ask you for the following:

1. Screenshot of your layout of tracks as well as showing trains filling up 49/100. Can also be video footage, whichever you find easier
    2. Save file of the game in which the issue exists. This can be found in %userprofile%\Documents\Anno 1800\accounts, then use any file sharing website and drop a link

Let us know and we will take it from there!

Official Response
  • TrebleTA
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubi-karl My oil refinery is fully stocked my old tanker are waiting at the port to unload. That is not the problem also I notice I can not adjust the supply of oil, its stays at 400 in the tanker delivery even if i want say 200 i set 200 it defaults too 400

Also I will try post a video of it only part filling. At moment i have tracks all over the place trying to run this oil yet my tractors and my 1 refinery get many trains.

Here is a link to a video of the trains not filling up my power plants to 100% i managed to up the amount by running tripple tracks. As you see I have a oil train turning up with 130+ yet only unloads 20ish. also your see I can not change the amount of oil delivered

Save file https://www.mediafire.com/file/txxuomatqcylcv2/Autosave+1232.a7s/file: (https://mediafire.com/file/txxuomatqcylcv2/Autosave+1232.a7s/file)
    I fixed the oil delivery, added to load from a unload, then it started working again

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 828 posts

@trebleta Thanks for the additional information!

I noticed you said you fixed the oil delivery. Are you experiencing any other issues with the game?

If not, I hope you have a good one!

Official Response
  • TrebleTA
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubi-mushy I fixed the tanker delivery that was at the end of the video, not the train system

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2882 posts

Thanks for the clarification @trebleta !

I see what you mean.

I've passed your report, clip and save file onto the save for them to be able to look into this further!

Should we receive any updates from them or require any more information, we'll keep you informed here so please keep a look out!

And of course if there's anything more we can help with in the meantime, please let us know!

Official Response
  • TrebleTA
    Original poster 8 posts

Any update to this as I started a new session and still getting train problems, also started a new game with all exp yet the anarchist did not land

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 924 posts

Hey @trebleta,

The team have taken a look into your clips and save and came back to us with a response, confirming this is the game working as designed.

Oil does in end in Oil Plants in your save and trains always deliver more oil in time, even though they're not filling storage to max.

The team tested your save by deleting a lvl 3 Oil Harbour and rebuilding it a lvl 1. After this, trains began delivering much more Oil to Power Plants.

This confirms that the game is running as designed as it calculates how much Oil should be delivered to each consumption point (eg. Power Plants) so it doesn't run out before the next train delivery arrives there.

There may we instances where there aren't enough trains or the track is too long, leading to Oil Plants running out between deliveries and such a city redesign is advised to address this.

Many thanks

Official Response
  • TrebleTA
    Original poster 8 posts

This is not the case the problem is with the oil refinery, soon as i disable it my trains run and fill all power plants and fuel deports.

• SirHarryPierce
    199 posts
    This is not the case the problem is with the oil refinery, soon as i disable it my trains run and fill all power plants and fuel deports.

To give some context, several players over the years had issues with Oil deliveries or routing on islands. In most cases a rebuild of the Oil harbor fixes these problems.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1640 posts

@sirharrypierce Hello there.

Thank you for offering some more information on this. If anyone has further questions regarding Oil deliveries, please get in touch!

Official Response

Suggested Topics