Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Eliterobban
    Original poster 7 posts

Btw hope performance-patches coming for this game running Windows 11.
    Obviously its unplayable partly due to bad performance and partly due to mechanics of game.

Long time Farcry fan, unfortunately think this is the worst game ive played in a long time. Its not the game itself only but also
    so many bugs & issues took me like 7 hours to get this working performance wise with a 3080ti and brand new 5600x Amd CPU.
    Also mind that im using Windows 11...
    Finally tried enable shader cache and use Fidelity FX on and performance is just about OK around 60-80fps. So performance is fine now but occasinaly hiccups almost makes game unplayable at times.
    Also had to disable Ubi connect overlay in game

Cons terrible performance, lots of bugs
    Full price for broken game
    Pros game is enjoyable -IF it works, ive spent more time tweaking my experience than playing this title for sure.

Except all the performance issues ive encountered and now fixed with performance guides&following youtube videos.

Player movement is incredible slow when spritning enemies are sometimes like 3x faster and clunkiness in interfering with environment and takedowns just so annoying that you want to stop playing the game alltogether.
    Frustratingly slow interaction & running in-game.
    Bad performance and hiccup after 7+ hours playing with settings ive finally managed to fix this issue only to be annoyed by the game mechanics and balancing issues.

My specs are:
    Windows 11
    3080Ti
    32Gb corsair 3600mhz
    1tb 5gb/second M2 Corsair
    Amd 6core 5600x

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• mrsleep0000
    29 posts

@eliterobban Your problems are all self inflicted by being on the bleeding edge with Windows 11.

• Sr_0v3rk1ll
    59 posts

this game is trash and I cant return it cause its over the time in only capturing a check point and the first mission which is a tutorial. That is not enough time to know the game has problems and it is garbage. Now I have to stay with this boring thing. Last time I am pre ordering ever from Ubisoft. Especially a game that has no multiplayer. I will wait for it to be dirt cheap next time around.

• Eliterobban
    Original poster 7 posts

@mrsleep0000 hello yeah i just figured out that i should update all drivers so doing that now i think i was a bit quick to jump to windows 11
    the game is alright 😄

I went for an upgrade from windows 10 and was tired that day so i forgot to download all motherboard drivers etc so just came to think of that now as the ones were instealled were for windows 10 only and i quickly jumped on windows 11

Just tried the game again and now its a completly different experience with is enjoyable 🐶

• hoonose2013
    39 posts

@eliterobban I use the WeMod and set the player speed to 2X.

• Kelju_K
    3 posts

@eliterobban the player movement gets super fast when you progress the game a little.
    There are parkour outfit, and parts of it, that you can use with other gear.
    I have parkour wristband, and then i eat alligator meal (don't remember it's name, but it needs alligator meat to make it) from cantina upgrade that is now on my camps.
    Dani now runs like a roided Ben Johnson 😁 !
    Seriously. Even with all the gear, 100m in 10 seconds.
    That's world class sprinter speed, with rocket backpack and all the weapons.
    I haven't tried it with full parkour gear, but anything more than my speed now, is gonna be ridiculous.

But for your performance concerns, i fully agree. [censored] poor optimization.
    I have similar system to yours, and i get good performance otherwise, EXCEPT the *** **** frametime spikes!
    You cant get rid of them completely but settings i found get them to minimum. lowering anything more wont help at all.
    Except NOT using the HD textures of course will help. But they look very nice, so i keep them.
    So here are my settings:

DRS and CAS: OFF
    HD textures ON
    Shadows: Low
    Geometry and vegetation: Medium
    Water: High
    Terrain: Medium
    Texture filtering, Enviroment, and Volumetric fog i kept at Ultra.

I made a post about the perormance issues, if you wanna check it out:
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/113638/hd-textures-cause-consistent-repeating-frametime-spikes?lang=en-US

• Madhawk80
    120 posts

@hoonose2013 WeMod for FC6??? I will go see!

• Eliterobban
    Original poster 7 posts

@kelju_k Hey,

Well the player movement thing was a combination of performance that wasnt normal with spikes in battles and oil rig missions especially. After chipset drivers i dont experience this kind of broken gameplay anymore 🙂

Yeah i tried installing new Windows 11 Chipset drivers and also yesterday new ones were released to fix the CPU performance issue on Ryzen which made for 15% less performance.

So tere are two new necessary updates one in windows 11 Update section and one fromAMDs page.

Most of my issues were already solved just installing Windows 11 chipset drivers from my motherboard maker which were newer than Windows 10 ones i had after the initial upgrade.

But for also the 15% restored performance increase/normalization i have to install the two fixes now and am doing that currently.

Anyway my previous experience was completly different from now, im kind of happy with the game 🐷

• Eliterobban
    Original poster 7 posts

@kelju_k I've been able to pretty much go from Medium to Ultra with new chipset drivers because it was another kind of stuttering on the oil rig and such which made the game unplayable at times.
    Anyway all that is fixed now and solid fluid constantly so even if i hit only 40fps on ultra and such its more playable than before.
    You should be able to go a bit higher on most settings. I have 3080ti play hd texture on pretyt much everything on ultra but ray tracing off and shadows high. I turned DRS and CAS off as well now lately its more crisp without.

• Eliterobban
    Original poster 7 posts

@eliterobban Still think player movement is clunky but at least its playable now that the stuttering i experienced before is gone. However now im playing High all settings RT off,
    get like 100fps and goes to lows of 20fps. Maybe this is still like the HD texture pack that is poorly optimized as all Windows 11 issues now are resolved.

• guydodge
    30 posts

@eliterobban you should do a fresh install to get the best results from win 11
    or you will continue to have issues overall.

Suggested Topics