ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AurioDK
    Original poster 11 posts

I am a bit tired of trying to unlock vehicles by driving them to the blue square next to the vehicle pickup points, it doesn´t give any extra resources nor does it unlock any new cars.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6041 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I apologise for the double post. I've now turned this thread into a Megathread so we can continue collecting reports of the vehicle pick-up locations not working as intended. Just to provide some clarity, we are interested in collecting reports that affect land / air / sea vehicles. Apologies for any confusion that may have been caused.

Currently, we are investigating two issues within this thread:

Driving a specific vehicle (land, air or sea) to a pick-up point does not unlock it
    If you are encountering this issue, please can you provide us with a video which shows the following:

• The vehicle you are trying to unlock. I recommend using your phone to scan it to show the name and that it is eligible to unlock.
    • The vehicle being driven into the blue square at a pick-up point and not unlocking.
    • The vehicles available in the phone booth, showing the vehicle you've dropped off is still locked.

Can you also please ensure that your save file is uploaded to the Cloud? This support article can show you how to do this.

The "Bring vehicle to pick-up point to unlock" notification doesn't always pop up
    If you are encountering this issue, please can you provide us with the following information:

• The vehicle you are trying to unlock. I recommend using your phone to scan it to show the name and that it is eligible to unlock.
    • That, when entering the vehicle, the notification to bring it to a pick-up point isn't triggered.

Can you also please ensure that your save file is uploaded to the Cloud? This support article can show you how to do this.

I'd recommend uploading this video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread. We can then pass these along to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • cskiller86
    109 posts

@auriodk It should unlock if you stop the vehicle in the blue square. If the vehicle is successfully unlocked, you will get some pop-ups on the right side of the screen, showing some customization items for your Ride and the vehicle you have unlocked.
    Note that you can unlock any type of vehicle in any type of pickup point, but not every type of pickup point shows every type a vehicle.
    I know this sounds confusing, so as an example, if you drive a land vehicle to a helicopter pickup point, the vehicle still unlocks, but, when you interact with the helicopter pickup point, you won't be able to spawn that land vehicle (since it will only show helicopters). Maybe that's what's happening.

A simpler way to do it is to use your phone to scan vehicles, instead of driving them to pickup points.
    The vehicle has to be of a civilian type, not have anyone inside and be stationary. Stand somewhat close to the vehicle, pull up your phone and look at it for a few seconds.

• BossBast1
    89 posts

@auriodk just wanted to point out something. Not all military vehicles are unlockable. Many of the trucks cannot be unlocked. Also the plane that spit the poison (colorfull one). You need to check in the vehicle hub what can be unlocked, and what not. Also, if you are missing a vehicle, you will get the notification when you enter to bring it to pick up point.

• azullFR
    2269 posts

@AurioDK

As @cskiller86 said, the phone is ok only for civilian vehicules, but as far as I remember not for all (maybe 1 or 2), but the phone saved me a lot of time 😉
    For military vehicule you will still have to use picking points (not sure if it's for all, but at least for 99% of them) even for some that are marked as non obtainable
    what @BossBast1 says is also acurate 🙂

The only interest of all of this is to have more choice from the vehicules you can call 🙂

Note to Ubi : I miss the Far Cry 3 buggy... not only the look and sound but, most of all, the behaviour, the responsiveness 😉

• flybyme
    197 posts

Today I picked up a Corvette or a car that looks like one and drove it to a drop off point and now I can use it from any car terminal in the game I also have a tank. PC.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2460 posts

Thanks for sharing your experiences with collecting vehicles, everyone - great to see all these tips for how to do it efficiently 🙂

Official Response
  • Kormac67
    1069 posts

@bossbast1 If you can unlock it by driving to a pickup point, then you should get a message once you enter as driver.
    If you don't get the message you either already have it or can't unlock it.
    For example there is an unarmed version of the big helicopter which can't be unlocked (why would you anyway).

• flybyme
    197 posts

@ubi-thrupney Since one of the updates my Corvette has turned into a Ford Stationwagon. I have also picked up an FND Tank.

• BossBast1
    89 posts

@kormac67 yeah, I ment it like that with the phrase "Also, if you are missing a vehicle, you will get the notification when you enter to bring it to pick up point". Maybe it was not clear, thanks for giving better expanation

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6041 posts

Hello there!

Thanks for continuing to share your feedback and experiences about collecting vehicles in-game. As some of you have mentioned already, not every vehicle in the game is available to unlock. You can check if a vehicle can be unlocked by scanning it with your phone. Some vehicles (such as military vehicles) will need to be taken to a pick-up point, but you should still see a notification prompting you to so this if you scan it first.

Additionally, checking the list of available vehicles to unlock at a phone booth can be helpful when working out what you still need to find! 🚙

If you have taken an unlockable vehicle to a pick-up point and it hasn't unlocked correctly, please would you be able to send us a video which shows the following:

• The vehicle you are trying to collect. I recommend using your phone to scan it to show the name and that it is eligible to unlock.
    • The vehicle being driven into the blue square at a pick-up point and not unlocking.
    • The vehicles available in the phone booth, showing the vehicle you've dropped off is still locked.

We can then pass these reports along to the development team for further investigation. I'd recommend uploading your video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread.

@flybyme - I'm sorry to hear that your Corvette has suddenly changed into a Ford Stationwagon. Just to confirm - is the Corvette you originally unlocked at the phone booth, or has it become locked again? Have you been able to locate this vehicle again in-game?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • flybyme
    197 posts

@ubi-borealis Have got the Corvette again. It is parked outside the back of the San Cayetano Orphanage and I drove it to the phone booth at Fort Esperanza so it is back in my car lot again with the Ford Stationwagon. Thanks.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2249 posts

Hey @flybyme, glad to hear it! Should you have further questions regarding this or anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Official Response
  • Kormac67
    1069 posts

@ubi-gizmo
    Yesterday I finally got my hands on the big Heli in the CT version and the dialog "bring it to pickup point" did NOT show.
    I still got it after flying it to a pickup point.
    So it works not reliable.

• azullFR
    2269 posts

@kormac67
    Congrats for having the CT heli 👍

For me also for some FND vehicules I had

the dialog "bring it to pickup point"

that did not popped

At the moment the game doesn't want me to have CT heli (it breaks after very few dammages), I had the same thing for a McKay vehicule : I had to do and to finish the McKay arc, and then I could take it with no "intempestive" explosion coming from nobody and from nowhere.... For the CT heli : I have finished the main story but didn't took all the FND bases... maybe this is the cause, I really don't know...

• Kormac67
    1069 posts

@azullfr
    Thank you!
    It was actually today. I had just captured one of the insurgency checkpoints when it turned up. I scanned it, Dani said "big gun" and it was a CT.
    I lured it with a few gun shots then dropped it with Zeusito. It was still in the air defense zone but I managed to sneak it out. 😄

• azullFR
    2269 posts

@kormac67

Really great the way you had it ! 👍

In my case I stopped to use Zeusito against the CT heli = even at full health it exploded each time in the middle of the air while falling after beeing "electrocuted" once !
    I tried the MGL-6 = same problem
    I tried the bow = far better = it landed, but every time it took one shot and exploded... (from me, or from any PNJ, or from any game ghost script....)

• Kormac67
    1069 posts

@azullfr Even if you just tap Zeusito (without charging it up) ?
    Weird. Especially since it takes 3 shots with a rocket launcher to go down.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2460 posts

Thanks for your further feedback on collecting vehicles, @kormac67 and @azullFR - that's most helpful.

I'd like to highlight to our teams that the "bring it to pickup point" prompt seems not to be reliable. If you find a new vehicle that should be showing the prompt, can you capture a video clip for me, as well as upload your save to the cloud? Let me know once that's done, and I'll send it across to our internal teams.

Let me know if there's any questions about that request at all.

Official Response
  • azullFR
    2269 posts

@ubi-thrupney

I will try but I've got only the CT heli and the 4x4 (this one is a civil one)to bring, maybe it will happen again 🙂

• flybyme
    197 posts

@azullfr Usually a vehicle or even a horse when you get in/on it for the first time a message will show on the right of your screen saying where to drop it off so that you can own it.

Suggested Topics