ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MidniiteMangler
    Original poster 5 posts

I did the 12 Hunter Masks in Washington like a year ago, then got 3 masks into the ones for Warlords of New York and just stopped. I'm now coming back to finish them, and I now realize why I stopped trying to get them over a year ago. It's so annoying to do all the things to spawn a Hunter, and then you go to do the last thing and night time is over. So now I have to stand around for a while doing nothing because I don't need anything else in the game. I'll just be sitting here, waiting for night time.

If you're curious, I'm trying to get the Divide Mask. You have to go to a memorial located in New York and press the button on a generator. Then you have to take a control point and collect a flag. Then you have to run up a couple of piers to collect a 2nd flag. Then you have to go to another control point (and basically take it or deal with taking damage while you're trying to shoot a lock on a door)... shoot a lock on a door, climb up, collect a 3rd flag, then the last one is the easiest where you fast travel to The Food Bank safe house, go out and to the left, drain some water by pressing a button, collect the last flag, then travel back to the Water Front control point, run back to the memorial. Then hoist all the flags, you'll have to kill more adds here, then you press the generator again to trigger the hunter.

THAT'S WAY TOO FREAKIN MUCH. I died when going for the 3rd flag, which caused me to lose maybe a few minutes. But I should've been able to complete it in time. I hoisted the flags, then went to press the generator and I couldn't because it was day time by then. The problem I see here is that I should've been allowed to complete it even if the sun came up. If I started it at night, I should be able to complete it. The other issue here is how short night time is. Another issue, no ability to speed up day time by sleeping or fast traveling.

I've never agreed with putting Hunter Masks behind this ridiculous process. I preferred the way it was in the first Division, where you could get hunters in Heroic missions, or Underground. I enjoy fighting the Rogues in TD2, but I would've preferred Hunters in Heroic missions or Heroic Summit. The whole puzzle thing is cool and all, but you could've done this with patches or back pack trophies. Stuff that's nice to have, but not the coolest cosmetics in the game like Hunter Masks. And the whole puzzle stuff is dumb because most players just wait until a couple people figure each one out then just watch a youtube video on how to do it, which is what I'm doing right now. It's not even fun. I'd rather be playing the game like regular, versus putting it on Normal difficulty, and sitting around until it's night time in the game. Soooo boring.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    If you're curious, I'm trying to get the Divide Mask.

Yeah, that one is the worst, especially as using fast travel before the hunter spawned would mess it up (not sure if bug or intentional). I didn't mind the DC ones as they were much simpler, but the WoNY ones went too far.

• MidniiteMangler
    Original poster 5 posts

@dagrommit Yeah, it's way too much effort for a mask. And really, the only reason I'm doing it is to get the gear dye. As I'm doing them, I'm just asking myself, who is spending hours, days even, to figure these things out? I feel like someone at Massive just sends them a tutorial on how to do them all, then the community does all the extra work of doing walkthroughs on how to do them.

• Virtual-Chris
    800 posts

@midniitemangler

Agreed. Absolutely ridiculous. I don’t actually like the magic ritual like summoning mechanism. I wish the hunters were more realistic… either random encounters or they are known to frequent certain areas at night increasing the chance of an encounter. Even better, after taking out an Invaded Stronghold, a Hunter started to track you… you were being “hunted” and they started stalking you and engaging you at a time of their choosing. Now that would be intense and dark. 🙂

• Noxious81
    848 posts

Agreed, I also think that especially the WoNY Hunters are not really fun anymore. For me the first Hunters that came with the base game were just about right. You still had to do some things right in order to spawn them, but it did not feel like a chore to me. But the WoNY Hunters... pew...

And the Divide Mask imo is not even the worst one. We cleared the CPs in advance and then simply walked into them to fetch the flags. So that was ok'ish. But there are other Hunters that require you to activate some statues all over the map (with some fancy jewels you had to find somewhere also all over the map prior to that) or to shoot targets in several buildings and in a special order during one night somewhere in Two Bridges.... god... those were annoying AF.

• ElBiggus
    7 posts

@midniitemangler You think you have problems? As far as I can tell I can never collect all the masks because of a stupid bug. I can't remember which hunters it is, but it involves pressing a switch in a small building near a park with a fountain which spawns 3 of them, but when I tried it there were some nearby enemy NPCs that got involved and it all went a bit wrong - I killed two of the hunters but the third vanished without a trace - and now it seems I can no longer activate the switch to make another attempt.

• Adrian-11
    896 posts

Fully agree, and more - the hunter "summoning" and "spawn" mechanic is the dumbest thing in TD2, as well as the "teleportation" in a cloud... the mean witches of DC and NY.
    Can't wait for dragons, unicorns and fairies to make an appearance in TD3.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@adrian-11 one could argue the Hyena spice girls are fairies, with their "magic pixie dust"

Robot Dogs are like a crazy cousin to horses with "gun horns", so check on Unicorns..

Dragon.. Cleaner Chunga's are covered in armor and spew out long flame streams..

😜

• Adrian-11
    896 posts

@latenitedelight

LOL!

Yep, next level - jump packs! Chungas can fly and land on your head, crushing you instantly.

• TxDieselKid
    322 posts

Lol, that one isn't even that bad. Wait till you get to the building one with the different parts of day and night. So stupid. Literally takes like 90 minutes to do.

The year 1 hunters were fun, and not nearly as much work to spawn. The year 2 ones are actual work.

• Dvolsung
    6 posts

@midniitemangler The building one in NYC is the worse and if you screw it up (missing the correct hour of the day or dying), you have to do the long arduous task all over again. I have one hunter left in NYC (the one where you click the button in the garage, then another in the church, then shoot the bell tower) and just can't bring myself to do the puzzle again after dying to an elite patrol that spawned during the fight.

I hope they don't do the puzzle / altar summoning thing again. Not only is it annoying, but I feel it also puts the hunters in the realm of the supernatural rather than a badass secret faction; which I am not a fan of for this series.

• Adrian-11
    896 posts

@latenitedelight

We are in trouble... this game is becoming a reality way too fast.
    We have the virus, and not this. I wonder where the DZ will be... 🤔

• V4MPiR1
    221 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@adrian-11 at this point, Florida seems like the front runner, but I wouldn't count out Texas just yet. Otherwise, I vote for the Mistake by the Lake, also known as Cleveland 😐

• V4MPiR1
    221 posts

@midniitemangler

As I'm doing them, I'm just asking myself, who is spending hours, days even, to figure these things out? I feel like someone at Massive just sends them a tutorial on how to do them all, then the community does all the extra work of doing walkthroughs on how to do them.

No one. Half of those social mediites have the IQ of a carrot, let alone not being Kreskin to deduce a ridiculous, a priori variable sequencing. It's marketing. They are fed privileged information (*cough* "World's First" *cough*) under an NDA; they generate revenue from views, and in return, the publisher generates revenue from hype, directly, or indirectly through referrals.

WRT "chore", these tasks, the loot system, etc., are interference mechanisms. They are employed to provide the developer with the time they require to develop new content and/or revise or otherwise milk existing content per the discretion of the publisher to meet a profit target. As long as players are still playing and paying, 'complaints' such as these are ultimately invalidated.

• V4MPiR1
    221 posts

@adrian-11

Yep, next level - jump packs! Chungas can fly and land on your head, crushing you instantly.

LMAO.

Suggested Topics