ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ManyWeAre
    Original poster 5 posts

Setting Adaptive Resolution to on and a 60fps target has no effect. FPS regularly drops way below the threshold with no visible change in resolution to reach the performance target.

NVIDIA RTX 2080 (updated drivers)
    Win 10 (updated)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• gRzeHoO87
    10 posts

@manyweare I can confirm. I've gave up with HD textures and decided to play the game with nearly all settings at max with RT reflections and shadows.
    Added adaptive res at 60 frames and oh boy.. Esperanza fights go to mid 40fps. Win 11 here. 1440p, rtx 3070 TI, i5 10400, all on M2 SSD.

• craftercis
    60 posts

@grzehoo87 Did you disable VBS on windows? This gave me a better performance on Win 11. VBS is for security so its your own risk. But on windows 10 its was standard disabled. So if you did a clean install than it has turned on

• gRzeHoO87
    10 posts

@craftercis I never had it on. Was off when switched from 10 to 11.

• craftercis
    60 posts

@grzehoo87 Downloaded the new Nvidia driver?

• ManyWeAre
    Original poster 5 posts

@craftercis Yes, I said so in my original post?

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

Hello everyone. I can understand how frustrating FPS drops can be! Do you guys happen to notice if this only happens during cutscenes or in very specific areas of the map aside from Esperanza? Also, in addition to the steps already taken, would you run through the steps found in this guide to see if they help with evening out these FPS issues? If they don't, a short video clip of the issue would be helpful! Thank you!

Official Response
  • craftercis
    60 posts

@manyweare Sorry was meant for @gRzeHoO87

• gRzeHoO87
    10 posts

@ubistorm cutsceenes are locked 30 fps. Drops below 60 down to 40ish are so far only In Esparanza as its only bigger place I've been. I've not touched any of middle and right story people.

• craftercis
    60 posts

@grzehoo87 Ubi likes to cut their cut-scenes to 30FPS. This is the case in most ubi titles. idk why

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2206 posts

Hey @grzehoo87, thanks for elaborating on this and I want to apologise for the delay. Could you please try disabling your Ubisoft Connect overlay and let me know if that helps?

In order to look into disabling this overlay, please first close Far Cry 6. Once closed, please wait a few seconds for the Connect launcher to synchronise. Once you have done this, please click the three horizontal lines in the top left and select General. Then when you are on this tab, please disable the "Enable in-game overlay for supported games" box. Then please try relaunching Far Cry 6. I am asking you to perform these steps because we have received reports where disabling the overlay has increased performance. The development team is actively investigating this, but it might be worth trying to disable it in the meantime. 

@craftercis - thanks for the additional information regarding this. I can confirm that we have forwarded feedback regarding the 30FPS cutscenes over to the development team.

Official Response
  • gRzeHoO87
    10 posts

@ubi-gizmo I've disabled overlays day 1 due to VRAM message, so that did not help with 60 fps target. I've finished the game anyway and it's not on my pc anymore.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2268 posts

Thanks for coming back to us about that, @grzehoo87 - good to hear that you finished the game! I hope that, besides the performance issues you've noticed, that you had a good time.

Our teams are currently continuing to track and investigate reports of performance issues internally. My apologies to any players affected by these performance issues - please do let us know, as we can use the reports to help with our investigation.

Please let me know if there's any questions at all 🙂

Official Response
  • ManyWeAre
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-gizmo No difference with overlay off. I'm almost done with the campaign also and by now I've come to terms with having to lower settings because of this...

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2268 posts

I appreciate you sending your further insights into the potential workaround of switching off the overlay, @manyweare - my apologies that you've not seen an improvement. As we've noted, it's something our teams are currently continuing their investigation into, and we'll be back in touch if we need any further information to help with that. Thanks again for reaching out!

Official Response

Suggested Topics