ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DV20Katana
    Original poster 163 posts

Hey guys I just had some questions about FC6, would appreciate your input thanks 😊

1. Can the HUD be disabled completely? Like, can you have NOTHING on screen? I hate the superpowers like x-ray vision, in-game wallhack, tagging, fire warning alerts all that. Can it all be turned off?
    2. Do you have to use those cartoon animal companions to progress? I would want to avoid them.
    3. The weapons I see on YT are all very multi colored , can you get regular black colored normal weapons? (without motorcycle engine etc)
    4. Can you destroy anti aircraft emplacements from the air with a helicopter or do you have to land like in GR Wildlands and blow them up by hand using explosives? I hope not because that is not a good mechanic.
    5. Do the nights last a long time?
    6. Can the music be disabled?
    7. Can you skip all cutscenes?
    8. Can flashing plants/vehicles/bodies be disabled?
    9. How is the persistence in this game? When you kill 20 enemies do 20 bodies remain on the ground or do they all vanish?
    10. On YT videos when an enemy is killed I hear an odd sound. A sound that tells you that the bad guy is dead? Can this be disabled?

Thanks!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• rickidoo2010
    143 posts

@dv20katana I can't answer all. But a few.

I have most of the on-screen stuff shut off, radar, tags, xray, detection. I still have a little bit of status information on teh lower right of the screen. Maybe that can be shut off, didn't try.

I'm at the 33% point in the game. So far, at least, Amigos not needed.

Multi-colored weapons - most come plain overall, but one can easily decorate their weapon.

Music can be shut off completely. MIne is. Kinda related, there have been complaints that when near outposts the propaganda speakers are too loud. Perhaps that will be addressed via patch I don't know.

Not all cut scenes can be skipped, but most.

UBI has a very nice / detailed list with explainations of the preferences on line, I read it a few days ago. I just went to lookf or it and could not find it, it's proabbly still out there

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

@dv20katana Your list suggests trying to force FC6 into being a very different game and one it's going to be a struggle to make happen. I'm not convinced you are that interested in what this offers? Perhaps a Ghost Recon would be a better fit than this?

• rickidoo2010
    143 posts

@sofajockey I'm not sure if I agree with your statement that the original poster is not interested in the game. In fact, just judging by his list, he and I have similar preferences... and I have been a FC fanatic since 1. I am extremely interested in FC 6.

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

@rickidoo2010 A useful observation and of course some of the HUD reductions can be immersive if reduced.

But to not enjoy the cutscenes - one of the biggest improvements to FC6 seems a tragedy...

• rickidoo2010
    143 posts

@sofajockey Well.... yeah... I do enjoy the cut scenes, particularly in FC 6 they are done so well. But even so, I don't feel this would disqualify the OP from having a genuine interest in the game. Besides, he didn't say but perhaps his point on the cut scenes is seeing them a 2nd and 3rd time... even I hit the skip button under those circumstances!

• katzenkrimis71
    230 posts

I've only played for 14 hours, but I'm loving it. It's wild and crazy.

I don't know about eliminating the HUD completely. I doubt it, but I noticed some HUD disable options.

No need for pets. In fact, if I have Guapo with me I often tell him to stand in an area by himself while I attack the base alone. Then I call him in later. Eventually, I'll stop using pets altogether because they are terrible for stealth play, but the option to make them stay put, or attack, is great.

No need for coloured weapons. I never colour mine.

Day and night cycles are actually fairly long.

Yes, I always turn the music off when gaming.

Yes, you can skip cut scenes, but I don't know to what extent because I never do it.

Yes, you can customize the flashing loot and other stuff. If it's off, it will be very tough to spot, though. Simply because there are so many structures and items that look similar, and not all of them flash. Unless you don't care about loot.

From what I've seen the bodies remain for a while. Several minutes. I haven't put a stop watch on it, though.

Your last question...I have no idea. I haven't even paid attention to that sound. I guess in the heat of the moment, with all the attackers in this game that flank me, the last thing on my mind is the kill shot sound effect. It gets pretty chaotic at times. With choppers shooting down on you while you scramble to safety while getting flanked left right and center.

• phen1987
    5 posts

@dv20katana

Hi, great to hear you also want to start with FC 6

At this moment I am 19Hours in the game, and overall love it.
    ofcourse there are some graphic issues and some minor bugs, but that's pretty normal with a Ubisoft game.

I say this with the knowlegde that it will be patched in the future for sure.

Regarding your question number 10.

The sound you hear is actually a head exploding when an enemy is killed. This gives me the confidence for moving on in game, if i don't hear it I will always dubble check if the enemy is dead.
    I am not sure if you can turn it of, i really do love the headshots 🙂

• DV20Katana

@rickidoo2010
    Thanks for that list, very useful! Yes its that taggin, xray vision stuff that I really despise. Good to know the cartoon animals not needed to progress. Glad to hear music can be turned off and some cut scenes can be skipped!

• DV20Katana

@sofajockey
    I do very much enjoy these kinds of games but for me personally to get enjoyment out of such game I need to be able to turn off all the hand holding. Because (for me) with all that stuff turned on (HUD) it just turns into a Superhero game with everything made too cartoony and on top of that you can see where enemies are through walls. Literally all challenge and fun stripped away. Without HUD the tension is ramped up. Playing like this in GRWL for example really made that game shine.

• DV20Katana

@sofajockey
    I admit I do not like cutscenes in any game and skip all of them. To me they are distracting mini CGI movies. All games should have an option in the menu "Skip cutscenes" that way both kinds of gamer will be happy 🙂

• DV20Katana

@katzenkrimis71
    Thanks for your reply. This is good to know. One of my gripes with FC Primal was how short the (awesome) night was! So I was hoping it would last a bit longer in this FC6!

Nice to see someone else who likes playing without music. I find it really distracting and it kills the immersion for me.

About the flashing being turned off - is there minimap option that shows the loot location? if not then unfortunately yes...I will have to keep the flashing on.

• DV20Katana

@phen1987
    Thanks for your reply!

About the sound - I just watched another YTV before replying to you and youre right, I didnt hear that sound again. Maybe it was some kind of special move in that other video I saw. If I happen to see it again I will link the video to you!

• Virtual-Chris
    800 posts

@dv20katana … I’m exactly the same way. I will be playing this like you, in a serious manner if they ever fix the respawn issue.

@SofaJockey… I don’t remember previous Far Cry games being like Just Cause insanity with crazy weapons and companions. Far Cry 5 really started the non stop mayhem and cartoon characteristics. The previous FC games 1-4 were serious games.

• DV20Katana

@virtual-chris

That is exactly what this game looks like to me - a Just Cause 4 DLC. All thats missing is the grapple and infinite chute!

I miss the slightly more serious tone of FC1-4. As you said from 5 onward it got a bit clown style with cartoon animal "companions"

This is the "in thing" these days. You can have a "companion" but in the form of a croc or a cart towing dog. Flies in the face of the initial serious undertones of the trailer.

• GeorgeMonero
    2 posts

@dv20katana Agree 100% I hate cut scenes ..

• DV20Katana

@georgemonero
    ...even worse are unskippable cut scenes in some games! So if you fail a mission you watch the cut scene again.....and again...and again

• Spidey456
    11 posts

Seems like you want a semi realistic challenging game. Farcry 6 is not that even with all aids turned off on PC. They went in a different direction with this one. Just Cause badass with little threat of failure. Depending how this turns out the next installment will be a hard pass

• DV20Katana

@spidey456 you are completely right. This is totally a Just Cause 4 DLC.

All it needs is a modder to add a grapple + infinite chute and we are all set. This is not a FC game.

• As1r0nimo
    351 posts

@dv20katana Outside of Supremo, how it differents from other FC games? More fun? Like cmon...

Suggested Topics