ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• VIK-Ragnar
    Original poster 5 posts

Hey Ubi - Please fix your servers, Kind of annoying...
    Yes I've followed your troubleshooting guides, (Restart router, reset IP, Flush cache, blah blah blah...)

The problem is that YOUR servers are dropping connections, that much is obvious. I can't play multiplayer, only single player, Others can join me and stay connected, but I can't join ANYONE.....

Your launcher keeps telling me what the title says, It connects, then drops, then connects then drops then connects then drops..... and so forth.

I have no issues like this with other platforms, Origin, Steam, EG's, Xbox - Third party games that launch solo Only on your platform.... This is not an issue with players, no I wont try and play around with my network settings anymore, because EVERY OTHER platform is fine, Just yours....

If I was to take a guess I would presume it's to do with your KEEP_ALIVE settings configuration on your servers/database, seeming as I can reconnect again after awhile.

Yes I use a VPN, Yes I have a double NAT (Which isn't actually a bad thing...) because of that, Yet the issue is only ever with your service.

I buy a game I expect to play the whole of that game, and not just half of it because your servers are whack (I say this with frustration).

A lot of people have been stating they have issues too, so I know I'm not isolated in this, Tell me what you need from my end I'll happily provide, provided you actually fix this crap, uPlay wasn't ever this bad...

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1665 posts

@vik-ragnar Hi there.

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing disconnects from our services.

As you have already tried some extensive troubleshooting here, I would recommend getting in touch with our support team if you have not already. Could you please open a support case and attach your system files for a member of the team to investigate?

When opening the case, you're welcome to forward a link to this post. Could I also ask that you outline all of the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far in this new case, so that support can paint a better picture of the issue?

Let us know if you have any more questions!

Official Response
  • VIK-Ragnar
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-nacho
    So after typing a response to Ubisoft support, and attaching all information... I get this:
    undefined

So, Please tell me - How do I contact support if your only accepting "Live chat", Which is also seemingly unavailable? This seems to be yet another joke along the pipeline somewhere...

• VIK-Ragnar
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-nacho
    Apologies on the double ping. I wanted too update yourself on what I have done tonight to try and resolve this.

I turned my VPN off temporarily and was able too connect too multiplayer, at least it was searching for a match, but I dont have 4 friends I play this with, so I guess was searching indefinitely.... Although was still issues with the launcher.

With my VPN back on, I am unable too connect to a friends game, OR multiplayer. But friends are able too join me - Which makes it confusing, If the VPN was the sole issue, why can people still connect to me? whether there is issues with the launcher or not.

I have been chatting with the VPN providers for over 5 hours tonight, trying various protocols, servers, DNS settings etc to no avail, Nothing they can do changed the fact that Ubisoft connect still disconnects and reconnects, or allows me too join multiplayer, they have however forwarded it too their tech team on their end to investigate further.

Because people can still join me, there are three possible options for my issue.

Ubisoft Multiplayer Servers aren't configured properly too handle VPN users (Most likely as no issues with other competitors)

Other users of the same VPN provider, have at some point abused the connection, which led to Ubisoft possibly doing a soft ban for VPN users (A terrible idea, as it affects all and not the abuser, perhaps start doing HWID bans instead?)

Or There is something undetected that's wrong with my VPN - But as one of the best for gaming, with no issues elsewhere, Unlikely.

• VIK-Ragnar
    Original poster 5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2882 posts

Hello @vik-ragnar ,

Thank you for getting back to us with this.

VPNs and Double-NAT are known causes for connection issues with our services and we do generally advise against VPN usage, but in no way does that mean we're not willing to look into any possible alternatives to get you reconnected.

The Support Site is fully functional in some territories, but some are Live Chat limited, which appears to be your case here.

In this instance, I have created a Support Case for you.

When you next sign into the Support Site, it should be available for you to upload your files to.

From then on, we'll be able to look into your setup further and check for other potential steps that may help you get back up to a fully functional connection.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • VIK-Ragnar
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-theberry

Thanks, I have uploaded the required documents, onto the ticket number - Thanks for opening the ticket for me.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @VIK-Ragnar, apologies about the delayed response and great stuff - I can see you have indeed!

We will continue communication regarding the matter through case itself, so keep an eye out for email which you will receive as soon as it's updated.

In the meantime, should you have any other questions, let us know!

Official Response
  • SenpaiFalcon
    3 posts

I am getting this exact same issue,

The problem lies with Ubisoft and I have done everything I possibly can,

Starting to get annoying now, seeing as the issue with with Ubisoft, other clients work perfectly fine!

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2882 posts

Hello there @senpaifalcon ,

Thank you for reaching out, sorry to hear you're also having issues.

Have you also reached out to us via our Support Site yet?

Thank you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics