ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• erzasko
    Original poster 1 posts

For me personally, the game is unplayable until a heavy difficulty is introduced that challenges the player. Recently, more and more games are being made without the complexity of the game, is there really not enough money to make more difficulty levels?
    AI by the way is not difficult to do if someone thinks differently (the whole trick of creating AI is only in the fact that if the AI is done by a smart person, then the AI will be interesting and strong, and if not very smart, then the AI turns out to be bad)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• guydodge
    49 posts

@erzasko 100% correct !!! but the AI is actually done really well IMO its the damage they deal is a joke.up the AI
    damage and it would turn this game around

• Community-Wurth
    12 posts

Yes, the enemy is rarely very scattered, and officials should take note of this.

• katzenkrimis71
    230 posts

I'm still dying once every hour on average, sometimes more.

I refuse to sit in a sniper's nest, picking off a video game AI. It's a stupid way to play. I also refuse to use those overpowered backpacks, or superweapons. I use gadgets occasionally. Mainly if a tank shows up.

I try to challenge myself as much as possible by going the stealth route and using the machete. I only wear the Parkour gear set.

Other than that just a basic pistol, rifle, sniper rifle and rocket launcher.

Died a lot of times.

I like the AI in this game because they have moments of genius that make up for their moments of stupidity. For example, I purposely don't put the lock-target mod on my rocket launcher, to make it more challenging. I can't believe how many times those choppers have dodged my rockets.

I love the sneak attacks and flanking in this game. So many times I've thought to have a fight under control only to be pinned down, taking fire from every direction, and I've had to run for my life. I remember playing Andromeda and thinking that it was good to see developers make an AI that will attempt to flank you. Sure, it wasn't very good in that game, but you could tell that they tried. I had to retreat several times in that game.

In Far Cry VI, I've had to run for my life, from heavy cover to heavy cover, with no health, more times than I can count.

I've even died trying to collect loot crates, in the most obscure ways. It's such a crazy, unpredictable game.

• DV20Katana
    164 posts

You can do these things to make it a little tougher. You might have already done this but just in case you haven't:

1. Disable the HUD completely. This is the big one. No more x ray vision, enemy tagging, ally tagging, wallhack, alerts and all those other nonsense superpowers.
    2. Also HUD related - disable world icons, objective icons, damage feedback, Explosive warning, Interaction prompts, radar etc. You get the idea. Just disable every HUD element till you are left with an empty screen.
    3. Avoid the cartoon animal "companions"
    4. Avoid the overpowered crazy weapons (rocket launcher backpack, motorcycle engine powered gun etc.)
    5. Avoid camping and sniping
    6. Disable health bars that hover above enemies
    7. Don't use sniper rifles, do not carry one.
    8. Pick your favorite assault rifle, handgun and submachine gun - and stick to them for the entire game. Don't change.

This is what I do as soon as I install any Ubisoft game. There is excessive hand holding turned on by default in their games which ruins it and makes it too easy. Hopefully in the future we will get an immersive mode!

• Virtual-Chris
    800 posts

@dv20katana
    ….
    9. Or only use the bow.

• GameGuru2018
    222 posts

@virtual-chris

10. Use only fists
    11.Only crouch.
    12.Don't breathe....

Challenge in the game should be developed by developers initially.
    Otherwise it will be nothing but exercising in masochism.

• ophtho77
    26 posts

Agreed turning off hud and hand holding helps, also playing permadeath (start game over with death) helps. But using stealth/machete or armor/assault rifle is still too easy. If I use stealth and fail, there should be consequences, not one chopper and few more enemies to leisurely kill. And sometimes its fun to snipe, but way to easy. If they had 2x enemies (over half in cover and cant be sniped), fast reaction times for shooting and hitting alarm, did more damage, and alarms responded with heavy support, the game would be a better challenge. It would also allow some sniping, some stealth, some assault without resorting to one style to try and make a non-challenging game fun.

I would not want to be this game developer with people complaining of bullet sponges??? Decent gun/mods will 1 headshot kill every enemy in game, and 1 burst kill via body (ssgp58 + mod to increase body damage + mod increase damage with aiming + ap rounds). For me, the ideal game is early gear (armor/guns/perks) barely survivable and quickly becomes impossible, which makes exploring and finding better guns/armor necessary and exciting, that is half the fun. Clearly others want all guns/gear given to them, and easily go through the game, which is why we got 2 story modes and no challenging mode.

Suggested Topics