Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Neens___
    Original poster 13 posts

Game is crashing if I fast travel or not in Ravensthorpe so cannot progress in game. Playing on ps4. Game and ps4 both updated. Has been crashing here for me for over a week.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2846 posts

Hi @neens___ and welcome to the forums.

I am sorry to hear that your game is crashing.

Can you please go through the PS4 troubleshooting steps then try again.

If the issue persists can you confirm the following:

• What happens when the game crashes? Do you get the standard crash error report on the blue screen, does the console turn itself off or does the screen freeze?
    • Did this only occur since the latest game update?
    • Does the game only crash when you fast travel or leave Ravensthorpe?
    • Is the game installed on your internal HDD or an external HDD?
    • Do you own a disc or digital version of the game?
    • Do you have a PS4 or PS4 Pro?
    • Had you experienced a crash in your game previously before this started to happen regulary?
    • Have you tried loading a different save to see if the issue persists? If not please try this
    • What is the current main quest that is available in your quest log?
    Official Response
  • Neens___
    Original poster 13 posts

@ubi-keo

Hi there!

thanks for your quick response.

The game freezes if I fast travel or enter normally. I’ve tried waiting it out and tried many times to see if it will resolve itself. If I enter normally, at a certain point it will freeze and can still rotate the screen around Eivor but that’s the only thing possible, no other button is responsive so have to close application when this occurs. No error report shows up. If I fast travel it stay in the cycle hints loading screen indefinitely.

I’m not sure exactly as I have been away but have noticed this in the past week and a half. I hadn’t been back to Ravensthorpe in a while as I was focusing on side quests. I did however notice the game would freeze completely while it auto saved and had to wait it out before I could continue playing.

The game is installed on internal HDD and is a disc on a ps4 (not pro).

I haven’t tried loading a different save yet. I installed the latest game update on Friday (4.20)

The next main quest is “reporting on snotinghamscire”.

thank you! I have unplugged the PlayStation and plugged back in and disconnected the internet and back on again and will give it a try. Otherwise try an older save too. Fingers crossed.

• Neens___
    Original poster 13 posts

@ubi-keo

my only option to reload a different save are similar to what I am playing now or got to 2H 22M 😖 I am currently at 160H 42M and somewhere over level 340.

• Ubi-Keo

@neens___ Thanks for the information provided.

So to confirm this issue only occurs if you enter Ravensthorpe? Have you also tried rebuilding the database on your PS4? If not please try this.

Can you also try creating a new manual save, then exit the game to the main menu screen and close the application. Then launch the game again and load the new manual save that you just created and try entering Ravensthorpe again and confirm if the issue persists. If it does could you also record a video to show this.

Official Response
  • Neens___
    Original poster 13 posts

@ubi-keo

the auto save freezing happens at random anywhere on the map. I only noticed this in the past week or so but it would eventually unfreeze.

The Ravensthorpe freeze where I can only turn the screen view is only in that area and results in me having to close application.

I will try a second manual save shortly and if still occurring I will try rebuilding the data base

• Ubi-Keo

@neens___ Ok thanks for confirming that for me.

Please keep me updated and let me know if any of those steps help.

Official Response
  • Neens___
    Original poster 13 posts

@ubi-keo

I saved a second manual save, loaded that game and tried to fast travel to Ravensthorpe and it was frozen indefinitely.

I just did rebuild data base as mentioned above and fast travelled to Ravensthorpe and game loaded indefinitely again.

• Ubi-Keo

@neens___ Thanks for the update.

You mentioned that the game continuously loads if you fast travel. Can you try leaving it for 10-20 minutes to see if it eventually loads.

Could you also provide a video to show what happens when you enter Ravensthorpe normally and that the game freezes and you can only rotate the camera.

Official Response
  • Neens___
    Original poster 13 posts

@ubi-keo

I tried waiting 20 minutes with fast travel and still continuously loading.

I have taken a video but it is not letting me upload to this post. Is there an email or somewhere I can post it?

• Ubi-Keo

@neens___ You can copy and paste the URL link into this thread and the video will be posted, thanks.

Official Response
  • Neens___
    Original poster 13 posts
  • Ubi-Keo

@neens___ Thanks for the link provided. Unfortunately there is no video to view.

Can you please try uploading it again or to another website such as YouTube.

Official Response
  • Neens___
    Original poster 13 posts
  • Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1003 posts

@neens___ Hello there!

Thank you so much for passing this video on to us.

This video link has been forwarded on to the AC Valhalla team for further investigation. We'll be sure to inform players when we have more news to share on this issue.

In the meantime please feel free to keep and eye on our New and Announcements section, and let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • Neens___
    Original poster 13 posts

@ubi-nacho

thank you!

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1383 posts

@neens___ Hey! Just an update to let you know that this issue is still being looked into.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Neens___
    Original poster 13 posts

@ubi-viral

Thank you for the update. I just tried walking into Ravensthorpe again 10 minutes ago from across the boat dock and as soon as I go onto the dock it froze. It works totally fine before then, just as soon as you are in Ravensthorpe it freezes.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1205 posts

@neens___ No problem, we'll let players know whenever we have information on this to share. I hope you are able to continue enjoying the game with other things to do in the meantime and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Official Response
  • Neens___
    Original poster 13 posts

@ubi-froggard

Is there any update on this issue yet? I purchased Odyssey in the meantime and now it has been doing the same thing in numerous locations constantly..

Suggested Topics