Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• hundreAd1800
    Original poster 61 posts

this should obviously never happen...
    (yes, of course i'm aware island names can be manually changed)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• hundreAd1800
    Original poster 61 posts

even worse than i thought, there are several of those, see highlighted islands:

• hundreAd1800
    Original poster 61 posts

yet another one: "bad hanover" is also doubled

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 98 posts

@hundread1800 Hi there, thanks so much for reaching out about this issue and providing those screenshots!

Which game mode is this occurring in? Have you noticed any other elements within the game that seem to repeat themselves?

Additionally, could you give our PC troubleshooting guide a try and see if this still occurs?

Official Response
  • hundreAd1800
    Original poster 61 posts

@ubi-mushy
    mode = sandbox
    it's been that way since this game begun, i just didn't notice
    i don't think other names can repeat themselves, since old world and trelawney are the "same" region, and this have the same names pool

• Asterix201252
    113 posts

@hundread1800
    I get exactly the same thing. In my current game, started a couple of weeks ago, I have Goldenhofte in both the Old World and Cape Trelawney. I have never seen this before. It's almost as if one of the recent updates (maybe 12) separate the name pool for the two regions.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 960 posts

Hey guys!

Thank you for your reports, updates and screenshots, they're spot on and appreciated!

This certainly doesn't sound right so I've passed everything from here onto the team for further investigation.

We'll keep you in the loop with any more information as and when we receive it.

Thanks again guys, keep it up!

Official Response
  • gargamosch
    4 posts

@ubi-theberry I have something similar. but for me existing Islands get renamed. I noticed it when checking the trade routes, Crown Falls was renamed to one of the ships that has a trade route from the New World to Crown falls. And the generic trade route names for Crown Falls also change. Insted of Cro it now has the first 3 letters of the ship. I can rename everything. But I dont know exactly when this happens. It just happend for a second time. I first noticed it after the last Update. I have all DLC activated except for the Anarchist.

Game Mode is Sandbox. Tried the troubleshoot guide and verified the Gamefiles. It seems no other elements are affected just Island names.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1049 posts

Thanks for reaching out about this experience, @gargamosch , and welcome to the forums!

Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly, you've had place names get mixed up with ship names that have trade routes with those places - sometimes the whole ship name, and sometimes just a bit of the ship name - is that correct?

That's most unusual, and we'd certainly like to investigate! Can you make sure you've ran through our troubleshooting guide, in particular having verified your game files and fully updated your OS? And then, if the issue occurs again, it'd be great if you could take a screenshot or two showing this behaviour. Here's our guide for how to take screenshots.

Let me know if I can clarify any of these steps at all!

Official Response
  • gargamosch
    4 posts

@ubi-thrupney exactly - sometimes the the name of an island gets renamed to a ship that has a trade route to that particular island. So before the Island was called Crown Falls. And a Ship that had a trade route to Crown Falls was named "Schogette 1" by me. And everything is fine at first. Crown Falls stays Crown Falls. But after a few hours of playing, I checked the trade routes of that Ship (Schogette 1) again to make some adjustments when I noticed that Crown Falls had been renamed to Shogette 1, the name of that particular ship. And all generic trade route names got renamed as well. I have an Island in the New World that produces Cigars and Chocolate. I called it Cigar Town. So there is a Trade route from Cigar Town to Crown Falls for chocolate. The generic name of that traderoute was created by the game. The trade route name was "Schokolade Cig - Cro" (I'm plaing in German language). When Crown Falls got renamed, the trade routes new name is now "Schokolade Cig - Sch". (Sch for Schogette instead of Cro for Crown Falls). And all trade routes that have a generic name also get renamed and the Cro changes to Sch. I cant exactly tell when the renaming happens. And it does not happen often, but I noticed it maybe 3 Times since the newest game update.

I have verified all the game files and my OS is Win10 Pro Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043

If this occurs again, I'll provide some screenshots.

• gargamosch
    4 posts

@gargamosch

Update: The issue occured again. But this time Crown Falls got renamed to what I entered in the search mask for trade routes. I searched for trade routes with crown in it. Then I exited the trade route overview and looked at some production buildings and placed some new ones. After opening the trade route overview again, the search mask still had crown as the keyword to search and Crown Falls got renamed to crown.

I would provide a screenshot but when I try to upload a screenshot it always sais: Something went wrong while parsing server response

I'll provide a Screenshot later if the forum lets me upload it.

• gargamosch
    4 posts

@gargamosch Here is a Screenshot

As you can see, the Island has the same name as what I typed in the search field of the trade route overview

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 536 posts

Hey @gargamosch,

Thank you for the additional details and the screenshot,

I have forwarded these to the team for further investigation.

In the mean time if there is anything else we can help with just let us know

Official Response

Suggested Topics