ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Chunkie__Monkie
    Original poster 47 posts

im using a 6 tier skill build with Waveform, Turret and drone with the test subject using In Sync. So taking in just the turret for now with bas damage at 135k i also have vigilance on back pack do when indync procs up im getting 20% more skill damage on each skill if hitting target with assault rifle and if both dkills are hittng target i get 20% more on AS and if all 2 are working this buff double to 40% plus the are the bonus's from waveform and vigilance so when all proc up these skills are doing some really serious damage, But ? ive been told to switch out the In sync AS and use the capacitor yes i understand how it gets 45% more damage with 6 tiers but will its talent be as deadly for the skills will it provide as much buff as all the In sync does,

Im confused now

please advice thanks

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Oatiecrumble
    440 posts

@Chunkie__Monkie

This is what i use, it's pretty much the norm build:

• 3 x Empress International
    • 1 x Wyvern Wear
    • 1 x Hana-U Corporation 
    • 1 x Waveform

All with skill haste mods.

Perfect Combined Arms
    Glass Cannon

Test Subject (I use this on everything apart from heavies or warhounds)
    Capacitor (I use this on heavies and warhounds)

For me Test Subject is the bread and butter of the build, not a great fan of the Capacitor, great at close range but because i'm using Glass Cannon i really don't want things getting close to me 😌

• Noxious81
    796 posts
    (...) 45% more damage with 6 tiers

Yes, but keep in mind that only the Skill Tiers from your gear count towards that bonus. Skill Tiers from the Technician's perk tree or from talents do not count!

but will its talent be as deadly for the skills will it provide as much buff as all the In sync does, (...)

If fully stacked: more. You can have up to 40 stacks, each granting 1.5% more Skill Damage. So 60% more Skill Damage if fully stacked.

• Adrian-11
    876 posts

@chunkie__monkie

Not exactly sure if you are aiming for a skill or hybrid build.
    My lazy build is below... Heroic is no match for it, and it can cheese the Legendary.

• Chunkie__Monkie
    Original poster 47 posts

@noxious81 So i understand vigilance wont apply them thats a bummer

• Chunkie__Monkie
    Original poster 47 posts

@adrian-11 Sorry not aiming for an hybrid as was very happy with test subject and Perfect insync was advised using capacitor was better but wasn't sure. Having run both today i think i prefure Insync better as I only have to hit enemy to proc it but from what ive seen Capacitor needs me to be more accurate and thats not my best really I can sit back and just spam bullets to get the skills to do there stuff

Thanks all for your input

• Oatiecrumble
    440 posts

@Chunkie__Monkie

This is exactly what i use.

NOTE: I use technician spec which enables me to change a skill tier for armor due to the extra skill tier i get from technician (handy for glass cannon)

• All with skill haste mods.
    • Perfect Combined Arms
    • Glass Cannon

Sorry about the picture quality, damm microsoft 😠

• Noxious81
    796 posts
    So i understand vigilance wont apply them thats a bummer

Vigilance is a pure Weapon Damage bonus, so it does not affect skills. But it does affect the Weapon Damage both of the Capacitor and the Test Subject the same way.

I was just referring to Talents increasing your Skill Tiers – because the Capacitor (unlike every other weapon in the game) does get a Weapon Damage bonus for Skill Tiers. But the Skill Tiers that can give this bonus of 7.5% are only the ones of your gear – the yellow core attributes so to speak.

If you for example have 6 yellow core attributes with the Survivalist Specialization you will reach Skill Tier 6. Since all of your Skill Tiers are coming from your core attributes, they all increase the Capacitor's Weapon Damage for a total of 6 x 7.5% = 45%.

Having 5 yellow core attributes while having activated the Technician Specialization will also grant your skills Skill Tier 6 – with the sixth Skill Tier coming from the Technician's perk tree. But since the latter Skill Tier is not a core attribute on your gear, you'd only get a bonus of 5 x 7.5% = 37.5% for the Capacitor's Weapon Damage for your yellow core attributes.

And Acosta's Go-Bag is a good example for a talent which grants you +1 Skill Tier (for throwing a grenade, for 15s) – which then of course is being applied to the Skill Tiers of your skills. But this also does not count towards the Capacitor's talent's bonus for yellow core attributes.

After having written all that I'm not even quite sure anymore whether that was what you were aiming for... but hey... it still might be of use for... someone 😉

• hralex1951
    118 posts

I prefer Test Subject to Capacitor. Capacitor might be better for a hybrid build since it takes so much shooting to proc the skills. That exposure is deadly on Legendary.
    I use the Empress build with Tech Support and Kinetic Momentum. With TS I can get the turret up to 250k and the drone to 150k. With Capacitor it is 272k and 163k. I prefer safety to damage. But, it can melt White Tusk.

• Chunkie__Monkie
    Original poster 47 posts

@hralex1951

Yes after many a test ive settled on Test Subject as soon as bullet hits enemy skills start to proc. I found using Capacitor like you dangerous on legendary as my aim isnt spot on so i can take too much damage myself whilst charging up the Capacitor

• Oatiecrumble
    440 posts

@hralex1951 agreed, if i am doing legendary i swap out Glass Cannon & Perfect Combined arms to something else, the above build i posted was for basic heroic stuff.

Having Glass Cannon in legendary is asking to die 😰

• WrecK3rr
    186 posts

@chunkie__monkie I'll take Memento over Waveform any day.

• Build: Skill DPS Build
    • Weapons: Capacitor, The Mop & TDI "Kard" Custom
    • Talents: Kinetic Momentum & Memento
    • Mods: Skill Duration (All 3)
    • Loadout: Skill DPS/Regen
    • Where I use it: All Legendary Activities & Control Points

https://ibb.co/G3LY24M: (https://ibb.co/G3LY24M)

Tip: Use "Future Perfect" on your pistol like I do If you're at Skill Tier 6 to get Overcharge every 90s.
    Just pop a red bar or finish any low health enemy and get instant Overcharge.

• Build Perks
      • Skill Tier 6
      • 1.1 Mil Armor
      • 4% Armor Regen
      • 40% Skill Efficiency
      • Drone & Turret both last for 7+ minutes.
      • Skills Cooldown: 11s

• DutchLMB4ever
    303 posts

I never understand why people use the Skill pistol when they already have 6 skill tiers.
    Also (better yet)
    I never understand why people have 6 skill tiers when they use Technician Specialization.

The skill tier from the pistol is a waste with 6 tiers.
    Better use a sawed off shotgun as last resort.
    Or use a nice stats D50 with insync (when using pistolero)

Technician skill tier is wasted when you have 6 tiers.
    If you use 1 Hana-U just change it to Fenris so your capacitor has 25% more damage on top of the (still) 6 skill tiers.

Now I can hear you think:
    Why change Hana-U it brings back my skills faster.
    Look at your drone/turret cooldown.
    Then take off 1 skill haste mod and look again.
    My experience with my lowest 11.8% mod was that my cooldown went up from 11sec to 11.6sec.
    So the 10% from Hana-U is probably 0.5sec.
    0.5sec faster cooldown?
    Or
    15% weapon dmg + 10% AR dmg = 25% dmg for capacitor/test subject.

If you find a fenris with skill haste put skill dmg on it (or the other way around) and you only lose 10% skill haste.

• Noxious81
    796 posts
    I never understand why people use the Skill pistol when they already have 6 skill tiers. (...)

I think in WrecK3rr's case he is just using it to kill an enemy every now and then to prog Overcharge.

I never understand why people have 6 skill tiers when they use Technician Specialization.

This indeed something that a lot of players miss. Instead of just wasting one core attribute, using another Brand (e. g. Fenris for the AR damage, Belstone for some Armor Regen) with a red or a blue core or changing one of the Skill Tiers of the gear to Armor or Weapon Damage, could push such a build even further. This is also true for a healer or a CC, btw.

• Adrian-11
    876 posts

@wreck3rr

Not crazy about Waveform either, but I'm debating in my head why would give up the backpack dedicated skill talent and all, for Memento...
    It's obvious I can't take advantage of the short-term buff (hiding and cowering in fear while the skills do the work :))), so the benefit would be the long-term buff (not even this one active all the time considering the Leg longer engagements). I would get an extra red + blue and regen at the expense of skill damage... The true temptation is the regen, which is almost nill in my current build, I have to rely on armor kits.

@hralex1951

Not that much shooting for Capacitor, and the damage from it is okay with 6 yellow cores. Anyway, I carry both and use them depending on the situation.

• Noxious81
    796 posts
    (...) so the benefit would be the long-term buff (not even this one active all the time considering the Leg longer engagements). I would get an extra red + blue and regen at the expense of skill damage... The true temptation is the regen, which is almost nill in my current build, I have to rely on armor kits.

And I think the long-term buff is quite a huge benefit, even for skill builds. (That's btw why I personally think that the Memento is an outlying overpowered item – because it's the better choice for almost every kind of build in comparison to basically any backpack or backpack talent.)

If completely stacked, you'll gain 30% Skill Efficiency. That's additional 30% Skill Damage, Skill Haste, Skill Health etc. each! And although you are right that encounters tend to last longer with the AFK-skill build, they still usually don't last that long. And you'll probably be able to reach at least one stack during a fight, as all the enemies will basically only aggro your skills.

Given the extra Armor and Armor Regeneration, the Memento theoretically also allows the use of Glass Canon even on heroic or legendary difficulty. And with having a red and a yellow core attribute, the Capacitor will gain 22.5% more Weapon Damage.

So overall I'd say the Memento might also be BiS for skill builds. And if not BiS it's at least among the S tier of backpacks for skill builds.

• Adrian-11
    876 posts

@noxious81

You convinced me to try it. However, the key word here is "IF"... fully stacked and so on.
    I will probably swap Waveform for a Wyvern and got to town for a run.

• WrecK3rr
    186 posts
    I think in WrecK3rr's case he is just using it to kill an enemy every now and then to prog Overcharge.

Yes, that is the only purpose for using that pistol, not Skill Tier.

This indeed something that a lot of players miss. Instead of just wasting one core attribute, using another Brand (e. g. Fenris for the AR damage, Belstone for some Armor Regen) with a red or a blue core or changing one of the Skill Tiers of the gear to Armor or Weapon Damage, could push such a build even further. This is also true for a healer or a CC, btw.

Yes, and that is why I'm using a Blue Core on my gloves.
    So 5 Skill Tiers from the gear and 1 Skill Tier from Technician Spec.

• WrecK3rr
    186 posts
    Not crazy about Waveform either, but I'm debating in my head why would give up the backpack dedicated skill talent and all, for Memento...
    It's obvious I can't take advantage of the short-term buff (hiding and cowering in fear while the skills do the work :))), so the benefit would be the long-term buff (not even this one active all the time considering the Leg longer engagements). I would get an extra red + blue and regen at the expense of skill damage... The true temptation is the regen, which is almost nill in my current build, I have to rely on armor kits.

You may not believe it but I'm rarely in cover while using this build.
    Yes, the regen is that strong. I'm always running around picking up trophies although that isn't necessary.
    Just make sure you are picking up one to avoid losing the long term buff.
    Trust me, 40% Skill Efficiency is no joke which Memento excels at.

• Oatiecrumble
    440 posts

@WrecK3rr tried your build out and swapped waveform for memento:

Great for small areas like missions (which i don't do often)
    Not so great for large areas like control points (which i do most of the time)

So my answer for this is quite simple, two load outs 👍

Suggested Topics