ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 800 posts

I’ve seen a few comments on Reddit that say the game is too easy if you play tactically. I presume they mean that it’s too easy to maintain stealth and you can take out everyone without ever being in any danger?

They say the game is really designed more for a reckless Just Cause style where you’re constantly blowing things up and causing mayhem.

I remember in previous Far Cry games, earning the bonus for taking a base with stealth was super hard. Is that not the case here?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• A Former User
    0 posts

I can definitely see the Just Cause connection here. Stealth is fairly easy, I guess it depends on who you ask? It's my general approach to these types of games, so I think I got the basics down, but it's still a lot of fun - especially when [censored] hits the fan. 🐷

Personally, I do believe that this franchise requires a revamp and I hope they end up doing something similar to Ghost Recon: Breaking Point: where they added a whole new game mode (Ghost mode) post-release and it was fantastic!

• igrvks
    62 posts

@virtual-chris

For me it's not about difficulty, stealth is not at all challenging for anyone who has played Ubisoft games like Ghost Recon before.

For me it's about time. There are gazillion different places in the map, and difference between stealth and loud is like 5 minutes against 45 seconds. There are some very cool locations every now and then that I take my time with and go full stealth, but for most of the checklist-filler stuff like checkpoints it's just more convenient to run in loud and shoot everyone full auto.

• Kamikaze-TMX
    10 posts

yeah stealth is [censored] easy as long if you have silencer and armor piercing on ya gun and can headshot easly then you can just murder a whole camp if they dont respawn all to fast because they do... its a headshot fest with stealth....

• Flanker1Six
    228 posts
    @igrvks

For me it's not about difficulty, stealth is not at all challenging for anyone who has played Ubisoft games like Ghost Recon before.

For me it's about time. There are gazillion different places in the map, and difference between stealth and loud is like 5 minutes against 45 seconds. There are some very cool locations every now and then that I take my time with and go full stealth, but for most of the checklist-filler stuff like checkpoints it's just more convenient to run in loud and shoot everyone full auto.

LOL! Too true!

• DarkStar_AUT
    6 posts

@virtual-chris sadly, this game is too easy - i assume its because of the console players... think the game is mainly developed for console and not for PC, but i could be wrong.

I also assume that the blurry textures with 8 bit pixels when u activate HD wasn´t even tested for some reason... Maybe Cyberpunk 2077 release becomes tradition from now on on all AAA-Titles...

• Spidey456
    11 posts

There is no danger at all. No threat. equip the ms16 with armor piecing bullets and shoot everyone in the head. Enemies don't do enough damage even when they hit. They hit me I turn around and shoot them in the head. AI notice down comrades and stand around like they are stupid. FND bases, check points , story missions, all are child's play. I can wander the entire map shooting people in the head. The roosters actually caught me off guard of all things on that mission. I wonder why they got rid of hard @ss. I'm going to stop playing with hope that they add another difficulty, the ease of this game is killing it for me. It's like they gave Farcry 6 a Valium.

• badabumpst
    12 posts

@darkstar_aut
    im played it on PC with DS4 and it still too easy.

New dawn was a bit harder on ps4 with 30fps and vsync.

Solution for PC players who want more challenge:
    Take any gamepad, monitor, which support 60hz and turn on half V-Sync) Truly next-gen challenge expierence.
    V-sync gives you less responsive controls, but more smoother gameplay with 30fps.

• a22ghooligan
    43 posts

The A.I is just dumb. they literally walk over their comrades dead bodies and still see no threat. Kill their dog thats chilling next to em, they just look around scratching their head. Run round a corner and bump into an enemy, the enemy will do one of three things, run away showing you their back, BANG! dead, or stand there and say 'omg enemy in camp!' BANG! dead, or be more worried about your pet rather than the dude standing there in a reinforced hockey mask, armour plated jacket and trousers pointing a shotgun at em, BANG! dead.
    If anything stealth is the best way too play cause you dont get to witness all of this crap.

• katzenkrimis71
    230 posts

Too easy? Roflmao.

I've only played for 26 hours and I've probably died that many times.

I must be averaging one death per hour. I'm not great at first person shooters, because I never play them, but I'm not a moron.

I'm sharp, cautious, overly paranoid and patient enough to try stealth when playing games like this, but when things go sideways in Far Cry 6, all hell breaks loose.

The flanking and respawning in this game is awesome. I know people were complaining about the respawning but I love it in this game. It's different if I kill a sniper and he respawns right next to me a minute later in the same position, which has happened. Obviously, that sucks because Valhalla had that same problem with ambushers in the woods. However, if they are reinforcements that are storming in from a distance, wave after wave, I'm okay with that. Bring it on.

If I stick around a dangerous area for too long, I'll die. So, I wouldn't say that this game is easy peasy.

Also, I'm exploring every inch of the map wearing only the fishing gear and looting everything that isn't nailed down. So, I'm just asking to be killed.

• rickidoo2010
    141 posts

Not wanting to hop into the "It's too easy" VS "No it's not" dialog, I just wanted to say that to a degree you can rachet up the difficulty by shutting off most of the helper settings - you know... those that give you 23rd century capabilities in backwoods Yara. Shut off the mini-map, tagging, shut off outlines so you can't see through buildings and rocks. It makes the game so much sweeter to play without these on, and it does make it more difficult. It's still not the same as having something like "infamous" difficulty level, but no one should complain it's too easy if the "enhancements" are on. Just saying.

• AnimusLover
    279 posts

@virtual-chris Regarding maintaining stealth, it starts off challenging in terms of no detection but the moment you get a decent supressor it becomes trivial, made worse by the radar grenade which highlights all enemies in the vicinity. I'm actually glad the stealth is so easy because at its base level the A.I. is actually really unfair which is probably why they give you OP tools to exploit it as opposed to just making the A.I. better.

• FNDMNTAL
    3 posts

@virtual-chris This game has two difficulty settings, easy and not-so -easy. I just want to point out that folks may have selected easy route, or not and experience miles may vary.

I play latter not so easy setting and my initial reaction was that i has to be more careful as enemies spotting, reaction time, movement and lethality is cranked up(forexample hardest difficulty in breakpoint you can waltz through the camps).
    Forgot to mention that i immediately turned off minimap, detection meter etc.. you can even turn off grenade indicators.

I can go behind what @igrvks said. So much more depth compared to in my experience from breakpoint.

• AlexanderBayek
    21 posts

@virtual-chris Yes the major difference is that you don’t have to maneuver tactically anymore, and shooting no longer requires fairly good aim.

It may be my misconception but FC6 has a ridiculous headshot aim assist or whatever it’s called. For rifles and machine guns, excluding sniper rifles, you headshot too easily. Using AP rounds, you can one-shot any enemy.

And the enemy reaction is too slow. There is a good second or two between when you appear in their line of sight at mid to close range and when they finally see you.

In conjunction, these two features allow you to just stand on relatively open ground and headshot who ever comes your way without triggering combat. Indeed too easy.

• Ywap
    51 posts

The hardest fight is the one against the constant auto save stuttering.

You might fight it for a while but eventually it will get you mentally.... 😨

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 800 posts

Thanks all. I’m still holding out and won’t buy until they at least fix the ridiculous respawn issue. But it sounds like I won’t enjoy this much at all. It sounds a lot like Breakpoint AI detection which is horrible. Their detection and response time is ridiculously poor. It makes the game too easy unless you go loud, cause mayhem and get yourself completely overwhelmed. It sounds like FC6 is designed so the player might survive an overwhelming situation, offering no motivation to avoid it, and in fact, encouraging such situations. Crap.

Hopefully they offer a harder difficulty where the enemies react instantly and hit harder.

They should look at the AI in The Division 2… that’s the pinnacle of aggressive AI in my opinion (although the sponge is over the top). There’s no good PvE shooter really. Sad.

• rickidoo2010
    141 posts

There are a few balance issues here and there, but I've had some of the best combat experiences yet in a FC series in some of the attacks.

I do run with all the 23rd century cheats shut off ... no tagging, no enemy warnings, no mini-hud radar, no see through walls no anything actually with teh exception of flashing objects. If anyone is thinking it's too easy shut off those helpers. Also... at least according to what I read, the more aggressive you are in the game the stronger the enemies get.

• rickidoo2010
    141 posts

@ywap If you can place the game on an ssd. I don't get any stuttering, at all.

• igrvks
    62 posts

@virtual-chris

The thing is, if you enjoyed FC3, 4 and 5 or like the general gameplay loop of "modern far cry", there is some fun to be had with FC6, even with it's shortcomings that at least hopefully will see a patch at some point. It is a solid "modern Far Cry" game, like a summer action movie.

Not full retail price fun, but for a significant good discount definitely worth checking out. The demon howls of Ubisoft executives drive into GAAS is present, but there are moments where you are deep in the jungle, or infiltrating a oil platform in the middle of the night where at least I could say personally that I am having fun with the game.

Especially if you introduce some roleplaying and headcanon in the mix, like you have done with Breakpoint with multiple amazing threads.

Suggested Topics