ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• martygod12
    Original poster 247 posts

Uncap the FPS !!! Not only its almost unwatchable, but my head actually hurts when I am watching the cutscenes. Its terrible everytime when it drops from around 80FPS to 30, its unbereable. Not to mention that game in cutscenes doesnt look that good as in normal gameplay, as in the RTX or some ligthing effects were disabled or something. This really needs to be patched.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• AJeiFoyt
    10 posts

@martygod12 I'm on PC and mine run just fine at 60fps. As a builder/pc tech, I suggest looking into hardware and software issues. What do you have running in the background? How much RAM do you have, what's your GPU? Just trying to be helpful. It's what I do for a living.

• Johnson9191
    18 posts

@jaithorpe
    I think the OP is referring to the fact that Ubisoft have capped all cut scenes to 30fps for some strange reason.

• AJeiFoyt
    10 posts

@johnson9191 Either mine don't, or I didn't notice. But my cutscenes look beautiful.

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

My cutscenes also look gorgeous (I'm an a Series X, I don't know how that would be different to PC).

• rayloriga1
    17 posts

Neither do I. The only problem that I have with cutscenes is subtitles out of sync.

• mrsir1980
    69 posts

@martygod12 There is no noticeable frame rate reduction between playing and watching the cutscenes, both run at a steady 60fps on my pc.

• rickidoo2010
    148 posts

Cutscenes look great and are acted very well, too.

• Johnson9191
    18 posts

Strange that some people are not experiencing capped cut scenes. I'm also on PC and get a steady 55-60fps during gameplay but as soon as there is a cut scene, FPS drops down to 30fps and stays there until the game resumes.

• Dave3d07
    76 posts
    Strange that some people are not experiencing capped cut scenes. I'm also on PC and get a steady 55-60fps during gameplay but as soon as there is a cut scene, FPS drops down to 30fps and stays there until the game resumes.

Same here, except mine goes from 80-90's down to capped 30.
    But what I hate the most is the stupid black borders on TOP/BOTTOM/SIDES of the cut scenes. That is what really irks me.

• katzenkrimis71
    233 posts

Cutscenes look great and are acted very well, too.

=====

The Philly Barzaga character is amazing. When you first meet him, his voice acting and his animations are incredible.

What a great character. Ubisoft Toronto and Montreal have the talent to bring it.

Such a shame that these cut scenes are capped at 30 fps. The talent that Canada has when making video games should never be restricted like this.

This stuff needs to be let loose to the masses, full throttle, balls out.

Truckloads of money will be made by Ubisoft Canada in this series and Assassin's Creed going forward.

It's unacceptable in 2021/22 to have this 30 FPS crap.

• martygod12

Ok everyone who says they have 60FPS cutscenes, proof it with some kind of video or tell me where do you uncap it? Havent found that option nowhere in the game, and I can clearly see my fps counter going from 75-80 to 30 when the cutscene starts, and its really noticable.

• martygod12

Look here for example. Around 6:15 of the video, you can clearly see the fps drop from around 60 to 30, when the cutscene starts.

• Foxhound_Dutch
    1 posts

@martygod12 THOSE PEOPLE DONT KNOW THE DIFFRENCE OF INGAME CUTSCENES AND GCI OR ATLEAST THEY ARE JUST MOVIES WHATS PLAYING !!

AND YOU CAN SEE IT PRETTY CLEAR INGAME IS PIXEL FREE , 30FPS CAPPED CUTSCENE BUFFER BLOCKS SOMETIMES , THINK ITS ALSO 720P ... TO BAD. ?? MOD MABY?

• DV20Katana
    184 posts

All I will say is thank you to Ubi for giving the option to skip them. I've never watch those things and I recall FC3 (?) where they were unskippable!

Suggested Topics