ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• WS.LinuxCat
    Original poster 7 posts

Hello, I recently submitted a map in review for royal and i noticed that by going in the "submitted maps" section, then choosing your royal mode map, the game opens the map in singleplayer. Here, press escape, then click on invite friends. The game should display an error, this happens every time. Here is a video (with UI in french) if it can help. https://streamable.com/5yzl9w: (https://streamable.com/5yzl9w)
    Also, after that, if you press escape, sometimes the game will freeze, and you'll have to Alt+F4, sometimes it will display an emergency restart window with an ok button, and the game will be fine.
    I hope this can help.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 687 posts

Hi @ws-linuxcat! Thanks so much for reaching out about this issue, and including that video!

Since this issue is causing crashes, I'd like to confirm that the issue persists after completing our General PC troubleshooting steps. Can you give those a try and update this thread if this still occurs?

By the way - welcome to Discussions! 😊

Official Response
  • WS.LinuxCat
    Original poster 7 posts

Hello @ubi-mushy , and thanks!
    After completing the General PC troubleshooting steps, i can say that this still happens.

• My system meets the requirements
    • My system (Windows 10) is up to date
    • Running as administrator and verifying files doesn't change anything
    • My Video drivers are up to date
    • there is no application running except for ubisoft connect.

It seems that this is mostly an overlook in the menu for that gamemode as the code displayed on the screen has a comment that says "throw a runtime error when used in solo". Since this mode isn't accessed from the editor or the singleplayer mode, the game is likely thinking it's a server, and wrongly displays the button.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2456 posts

Hey @ws-linuxcat ,

Thank you for giving those steps a try and getting back to us, sorry to hear those haven't worked!

The error message you've noted is certainly interesting though, could you please provide a screenshot of it so we can take a closer look and check it with the team if necessary?

Much appreciated!

Official Response
  • WS.LinuxCat
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubi-theberry hello and sorry for the late answer, here is the screenshot.
    undefined

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2456 posts

Spot on, thank you very much for posting this @ws-linuxcat !

It's appreciated!

I've raised this issue to the team for investigation.

If you're able to also capture the 'emergency restart' warning you also receive as a screenshot so we can pass that example on too, it's be appreciated!

Thanks for your help with this so far!

Official Response
  • WS.LinuxCat
    Original poster 7 posts

hello @ubi-theberry , here it is! let me know if you need anything else.
    undefined
    edit : it's not showing up for me on the forums, so here it is https://i.ibb.co/bQP1s1s/image-2021-10-18-200731.png: (https://i.ibb.co/bQP1s1s/image-2021-10-18-200731.png )

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2262 posts

Thanks so much for this, @ws-linuxcat - odd that the image wouldn't upload properly, and I really appreciate you finding a workaround for getting that image to us. I've added it to our investigation. Sorry for the inconvenience while we get this looked into!

Official Response
  • MrDarrek
    Community Developer 26 posts

Hello @WS-LinuxCat, thank you for the report. It will be fixed in the next update.

Cheers,
    Darrek

Official Response

Suggested Topics