Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• vahndaar
    Original poster 62 posts

Hi, I can't get chain takedowns to consistently work. I takedown the first enemy, push the left stick in the direction indicate to trigger the chain takedown and nothing happens. The only time I've had any success is mashing the left stick but even then sometimes it doesn't work.

Am I doing something wrong? In previous games this was simple but in this it just doesn't seem to trigger in a reliable way.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 530 posts

Hey @vahndaar, thanks for reaching out!

Just to double-check, does the option for Chain Takedown after first kill is performed come up at all for you? Also, what is the controller you're using?

Official Response
  • vahndaar
    Original poster 62 posts

Hi, I'm using an xbox 360 controller on Windows 10. Yeah the prompt comes up. I think what the issue might be is that if you push the left stick in the direction when the prompt appears it doesn't trigger. You need to wait until near the end of the animation which is tricky as the camera is waving about all over the place. I don't know though, just seems a bit inconsistent. In previous titles as long as you hit the button when the prompt appears the chain takedown triggers.

There's no such issue with knife takedowns using the right trigger, just chains.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 530 posts

Appreciate your swift response.

Going forward, if you do see the opportunity for Chain Takedown, solely for testing purposes, can I ask you to try using keyboard and mouse instead, just to see if it remains inconsistent? This can be peripherals issue however positioning of the camera and timing does play a part too, so curious to see if findings will be the same as using the controller.

Let us know!

Official Response

Suggested Topics