ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Dave3d07
    Original poster 76 posts

Hello.
    Like the title says, the Left Shift and Right Shift are locked together (it doesnt matter if you use L.Shift or R.Shift button while in a helicopter, they do the same action) in Helo's but not anywhere else in the game.
    This is an issue becauseLeft Shift is SUPPOSED to let you go 3rd person, BUT I have Right Shift bound to something else (that works SEPERATELY to Left Shift) while on foot, and its ok. But as soon as I get in a helicopter, I cant see where I am going, I cant see below me to land, I cant see anything but what is directly in front of me.
    PLEASE tell the devs to Un-Bind Left and Right Shift on keyboard while in a Helicopter (probably ALL flying vehicles, but I have only flown 2 Helo's so far). Heck, if its hardcoded at all, please let us rebind.
    I play with arrow keys, but I dont mind having to reach over to something like F, or Left Shift, or R, for examples.
    Thank you.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    2297 posts

hey there @dave3d07, thanks for taking the time to post about this, I want to apologise for the delay. Could you please provide a video showing this in action? You could directly upload the clip to a linked Twitter or YouTube account. Alternatively, if you would prefer, you could transfer the video to a PC using a flash drive and then send it to us another way, such as through a file-sharing site. 

Can you please also let me know if you're still experiencing this issue after the update which was released on the 26th of October?

What happens if you bind the right shift key to something else random? Does the same issue occur in flight vehicles?

• Dave3d07
    Original poster 76 posts
    hey there @dave3d07, thanks for taking the time to post about this, I want to apologise for the delay. Could you please provide a video showing this in action? You could directly upload the clip to a linked Twitter or YouTube account. Alternatively, if you would prefer, you could transfer the video to a PC using a flash drive and then send it to us another way, such as through a file-sharing site. 

Can you please also let me know if you're still experiencing this issue after the update which was released on the 26th of October?

What happens if you bind the right shift key to something else random? Does the same issue occur in flight vehicles?

Hello Ubi support.
    There is no way to 'make a video' of using the keyboard.
    I cant go into 3rd person mode because Left Shift is hardcoded, but Right Shift is not hardcoded, and I have Right Shift bound to another action. So, when in helicopters, neither L or R Shift work to go into 3rd person view.
    I will give this an update right now, and will let you know if the issue has been fixed or not in about 40 minutes.
    Thank you.

Edit:
    OK, got in, tried in the little tiny boat/helicopter, and had Right Shift bound to Machine Gun (Left Shift was the Primary action bound to Machine Gun/Buzzer, Right Shift was the Secondary action keybind that I bound myself).
    I re-bound Right Shift to "\" key, and now Left Shift does absolutely nothing.
    To get to 3rd person view, I have to "Aim" with Right Mouse Button, Press Mouse Button 5, and use ALL the Arrow keys to navigate where I am going to land ALL at the SAME TIME.
    JUST to see where I am going to land.
    Sigh.

I tried UN-setting all of the Left and Right Shift keys to their defaults, but it seems the "Reset to Default" is also broken, as it just reset everything to what I had it LAST set to, and not the games actual Default button.
    So, seems there are a couple issues going on here.

Some other day, I will get to restting the whole game to default, and just reset the main setting to what I have them right now, instead of having both main settings buttons set to their default settings AND the secondary button set to what I actually want to use, so that way only 1 button will be set to a single action.
    But, for that to work, the developers NEED to unlock ALL the hardcoded buttons, and unlock ANY keys that are set to Multiple Actions, otherwise the exact same thing is going to happen to ANY Keyboard/Mouse users using the right side of the keyboard.
    Too bad too, as I was having a blast playing the game until this point, but I just cant physically press all those buttons at the same time w/o it hurting my hands/fingers.

A side note:
    On Foot settings should NOT count while in a vehicle, boat, helicopter, or horse (EXCEPT Aim and Fire).
    I cant rebind Machine Gun/Buzzer (while in a helicopter) to anything that is set to On Foot (basically, anything close to the arrow keys, where I could just tap it), because it says "That Action is bound to another On Foot" action. This is ridiculous. I am NOT on foot, so nothing but Aim and Shoot (handguns) should be used at all while in ANY vehicle! On Vehicle Exit, the On Foot actions should be applied. I dont see why On Foot (EVERY action in On Foot) is ENABLED while IN ANY VEHICLE! None of the other Far Cry games did this. It is absolutely absurd ! It is Game Breaking. It is absolutely Game Breakingly absurd ! Especially since I have played EVERY Far Cry game, and a LOT of the Ghost Recon games, and NONE of them ever did this ! To go from VERY PLAYABLE KB/M Rebinds on PC, to Game Breaking KB/M Key Rebinding on JUST FarCry 6, I dont even have the words for it. I guess I should just stop using KB/M and use a Controller, or just stop buying and playing games at all (which none will ever happen). More likely, without being on Steam anymore (which doesnt bother me, except I like my collections all in one place and Steams Refund is so much easier) I will just stop buying Ubi games at all anymore. I mean, if you cant get key re-binding issues done before the game is even released, let alone within a month of the games release, then why even bother releasing on pc at all?
    Sorry if it seems like I mad, or "yelling", because I am not. I am just VERY sad, because up until the Helicopter/Vehicle issues (FOV AND Keybindings), I was having a BLAST playing this game, and said so both here on these forums and on Steam forums. But, now that I physically (because vehicle fov makes me nauseous, and keybinding issues) cant play the game, except On Foot, the game seems to be way too stretched out, and I am taking up way too much time running, I am NOT having FUN anymore. It feels like a Slogfest of a game now. And that is because of 2 very easy fixes, that should have been taken care of before the game even shipped.
    Sigh.
    Sorry I got this game, especially since I could have waited (even 1 week out it was $20 less than at launch, and that tells me a LOT of people either didnt buy the game, asked for refunds, or both) until the full game was at 49.99
    Sorry, just VERY VERY disappointed that I cant continue the game, unless I want to die in the water swimming, or run everywhere.
    Such easy fixes......
    😞

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2865 posts

Hey @dave3d07 , thanks for coming back to us about this, and my apologies for the delay in responding to your posts.

I wanted to pass your feedback about this on, but I wanted to be sure I fully understand the issue before I do so.

• Left shift and right shift both perform the same hardcoded action while in helicopters, and this prevents you from binding separate actions to left shift and right shift, and
    • Binding vehicle actions to keys already bound to on-foot actions should be allowed, since you aren't on foot to do those on-foot actions while in a vehicle anyway.

Are both of these statements correct? Let me know if I've misunderstood at all. I'd really like to get your feedback passed on so this can be looked at internally 🙂

Official Response
  • Dave3d07
    Original poster 76 posts

Hello Ubi-Staff.
    Yes, both of those are correct.

I would also add that "Any hardcoded, or strung-along (multiple actions applied to Key) keybinds should be in the Menu UI for KB/M to be set/reset by the user, and any multiple action keys should be Un-Strung and available to the user in the menu ui for the user to bind/re-bind also".

And "Vehicle Resolution and FOV should either be the SET RESOLUTION and FOV for the main game (NOT cut scenes, since these get re-sized), AND/OR (an option to go 3rd person view would be great) go to 3rd person mode." Because, between ALL of the Resolution and FOV and 3rd Person Resolutions and FOV get set to different things (pretty quickly sometimes), I and other people get Nauseous and/or Headaches or Migraines, because they can occur pretty closely together. But, the Vehicles are the worst offenders, and if they could just get that set to the correct Resolution and FOV, it would make a WORLD of a difference in playing the game. Also, flying vehicles SHOULD be in 3rd person by default anyway. How do they expect us to land where we cannot see?

Thank you.

• Ubi-Thrupney

Thanks for coming back to me about this, @dave3d07 - I appreciate your further clarification. I've gone ahead and passed on your feedback about this now, so our teams can look into this internally.

Just to clarify one thing further - you'd mentioned being unable to bind vehicle actions to keys already used by on-foot actions. I've just tried this myself in my own game, so as to better understand your feedback when passing it on, and I can't find anything that prevents me from doing this. For example, I was able to bind accelerate forward to the same key as I had for sprint. Are there specific keys or specific actions you've noticed issues with?

Let me know if I can clarify this question at all.

Official Response
  • Dave3d07
    Original poster 76 posts

Hello Ubi staff.
    Left Control is hardcoded.
    As I posted above, MACHINE GUN in helicopters, Gun in Tanks.
    Try re-binding Left Control to Right Control.
    Nothing happens when you use Right Control. Or, you get that message about not being able to rebind. I have had that happen both ways.
    I have already posted a thread about what my control scheme is, all arrow keys for movement (on ground, in helo's, in boats, on horse, etc), and Numpad 0, 1, 4, 7, Insert, Delete, Home, End, Page Up, Page Down, Right Control, Right Shift, Enter, Numpad Delete, Numpad 2, 5, /, * are all my primary actions beside the arrows for up, back, left, right.
    Mouse is stock, except I have 2 extra buttons bound to Crouch and special weapon.
    You cant leave everything as wasd in every menu, and then just go to 1 menu and rebind that menu to Left Control or Right Control, you wont get the bug.
    You need to make every menu use those buttons I just wrote to see the bug.
    Thank you.

• Ubi-Thrupney

Thanks very much for clarifying that for me, @dave3d07 - I understand that this conflict with left and right control only seems to happen with your specific control scheme.

It'd be really useful to our teams to have a full list of your bindings, for us to be able to test these combinations on our end. Can you send me over some screenshots showing your keybindings? We've got a support article here describing how best to take screenshots, and the resulting images can be attached in a response on this post.

Once I've got those, I'll be able to report this to our internal teams to be investigated 🙂 Thanks for your help with this so far, and let me know if I can clarify my request above at all.

Official Response
  • Dave3d07
    Original poster 76 posts

No problem.
    I have to go to bed, but I will get screenshots tomorrow.
    Thanks.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4039 posts

Hey there @dave3d07 !

Just checking in to see if you've since been able to grab those screenshots so we can take a look?

Thank you!

Official Response
  • Dave3d07
    Original poster 76 posts

Hello.
    Sorry, today was the 1st day I was able to game, and I totally forgot to get screenshots.
    I am disabled, and lately can very rarely game, and when I do I am just thinking about playing the game, not trying to get screenshots or anything.
    I havent forgotten this issue, and it still occurs, but I have not had any time to game at all, and forgot to get screenshots.
    I will try to get them the next time I play (tonight killed me, so maybe I will be able to play is 3 to 5 days).

• Ubi-Thrupney

Hey @dave3d07 , sorry for the late response - we're working through a bit of a backlog, so I've just now come to your recent posts. My apologies!

Please let me know if you've managed to get some screenshots for us. Our teams haven't been able to replicate the issues you've had with the control scheme, so a full list of your bindings may be needed for us to investigate the issue further. Let me know if you'd like any further assistance with how to get screenshots across to us - here's our guide, and they can be uploaded either here in the forum, or on any file or image hosting website and a link to them added here in the forum thread.

Official Response

Suggested Topics