Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sock_Monkey
    Original poster 282 posts

So I have an MPX I am trying to optimize. Running landmarks in the DZ you level up and get lots of mats, but the one thing you don't get is the faction assessments. It seems SMGs are the domain of Hyenas, so I am always short of these - by a lot.

I know you can craft them, but it uses a crazy amount of mats to do so. Is there a better way to farm these?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• LateNiteDelight
    443 posts

@sock_monkey Speed Run Hyena Missions + Hyena Bounties? Jefferson Trade is the shortest for me.

I normally save my crafting for Rikers & Cleaners because I don't like their missions.

• V4MPiR1
    62 posts

@sock_monkey Better way? No. That is the most efficient method. As LateNiteDelight mentioned, you get them from factional named elites. Faction-specific bounties (esp. Heroic with 3 named elites) are your next quickest method, followed by faction-specific CP4s (2 named elites), and lastly faction-specific Heroic missions.

• Sock_Monkey

@latenitedelight Yeah, DUA I enjoy. Nothing, and I mean nothing beats my status build when speed running solo. Plus, it's extra fun cooking Diesel alive inside of his armored car.

I flew through one and was kind of disappointed it was on 3 TA, but I suppose I could probably manage to blast through on Challenging with a few directives 4 or 5 times in a half hour.

• LateNiteDelight
    443 posts

@v4mpir1 CPs only give you Recon, I believe

I thought Faction mats only come from the final boss killed in a mission or bounty. Normal [1], Hard [2], Challenging [3], Heroic [4].

• dagrommit
    642 posts
    I thought Faction mats only come from the final boss killed in a mission or bounty. Normal [1], Hard [2], Challenging [3], Heroic [4].

Yep, plus rogue agent NPC's.

• V4MPiR1
    62 posts

@latenitedelight You may be right. TBH, at this stage, I just mow through content and craft all of the nuissance requisites.

• Sock_Monkey

After a few speed runs I agree this is probably the best method. As it happens the other mat I usually need to craft is SMG alloy, but being Hyenas they seem to drop a lot of SMGs on death, even if that's not the targeted loot.

Three super-quick runs through and I managed to get enough to optimize the second attribute. Only one more to go.

P.S. This particular MPX dropped with a good set of attributes: SMG damage (of course), CHC and CHD, but all crappy percentages. I didn't want to waste a re-roll getting any of them up quicker because I wanted to save that for the talent. In the end I plan on experimenting with talents to see which works better for my style, so that means optimization only for the attributes.

• Adrian-11
    686 posts

@sock_monkey

Speaking of MPX... Purchase the Safety Distance from WH, and the Apartment from DZ south.

• Sock_Monkey

@adrian-11 They both dropped for me in the DZ, but I am not crazy about the talents (and of course you can't re-roll on named items).

• Adrian-11
    686 posts

@sock_monkey

We can try some Legendary farming in the summit if you want.

• Sock_Monkey

@adrian-11 I was on a few brief times throughout the weekend, but our schedules didn't seem to align. 🙂

• Noxious81
    368 posts
    (...) CPs only give you Recon, I believe

That I can confirm. CPs give Field Recon Data, not faction materials. Those are only dropped once per mission or bounty by the last named enemy. 1, 2, 3, or 4 as mentioned in the quote.

Suggested Topics