ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Chermit
    Original poster 1 posts

Hilarious. I've owned Far Cry 6 now for about 6 hours - also, keep in mind, that I have, so far, not spent 1 minute between initial purchase and "attempting" to run the game. However, in 6 hours, I have yet to play 1 minute of the game. First, came the download. About an hour for my connection - then another half hour for allocating disc space - sure, why not. Then, attempt 1 to play - black screen and no game. Restart. the next half hour was spent researching FC6 common failure issues and correcting them. Updated video drivers. Restarted machine. Ran in admin mode. Gave several minutes each time running before having to cancel out and close. nothing but black screen every time. Did a file verification - took almost an hour. "fixed" files. about a half hour. Then, another hour (downloading a game again? okay, at least, this time it's fixed, right?). Nope. Allocating disc space again - about an hour. Finished? nope. Re downloading (or is that re-re-downloading) the game...again?...I've honestly lost track of how many times i've essentially downloaded the game. But here I am at hour 6 of owning far cry and have yet to see the opening splash screen.

Customer feeling heap-big buyers remorse right now. I told myself to wait at least another week, knowing the game would be full of bugs, but no - I was actually somewhat eager for some good 'ol far cry gunplay. Should've reloaded...no, actually, I didn't like new dawn all that much . Maybe reload 4? Anyway, 6 hours of my life I'll never get back, all thanks (not really the right word) to ubisoft.

If anyone is wondering why I bother posting - I'm angry, and I'm bored - because, and I think this point should be obvious by now, this is what I'm doing INSTEAD OF PLAYING YOUR [censored] GAME!!. If I could play your game in the last 6 hours, I wouldn't be here posting about NOT being able to play it. I think that's a fair exchange of my time and interest.

FIN

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• LtSittingDuck
    1 posts

@chermit

Wow, you (kinda) got a chance to download the game?!

I bought the game and EPIC sent me an email invoice confirming the sale, but the game never appeared in my EPIC library. EPIC knows I own a copy as if I try to buy the game again the store screen says it's in my library. I sent in a help request and was advised "I must inform you there is a report about this issue and we are already working on it to get it fixed as soon as possible. I kindly ask for you patient until this issue get fixed. you can check our official sites due to we will be reporting resolution through it."

If it isn't in my library by tomorrow I will request a refund. I'm too old for this...

Suggested Topics