ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• concaitolist
    Original poster 3 posts

It's just a suggestion, though I want an Assassin's Creed game set in the Roman Empire, 217-330 AD.
    What would I like to see in this game?
    -I want to see Rome in all its splendor and ancient glory, with all the monuments built. The fact that I want it to be set in the third century is because then was built the Baths of Caracalla, plus the Colosseum, the Parthenon, the Baths of Diocletian, Domus Aurea, Basilica of Maxentius, Cloaca Maxima, Circus Maximus, Mausoleum of Augustus and Trajan's Market .....and Colossus of Nero.
    -I want it to happen especially between the 3rd and 4th century because then the Roman Empire went through a serious crisis.
    -the game could begin with the assassination of Caracalla, a member of the Order of the Ancients, by a praetorian who could be a member of the Order of Assassins. The story will include civil wars, peasant rebellions, political instability, plagues, debasement of currency, and economic depression, connections with Germanic mercenaries and the creation of federations.
    -the culmination will be the division of the empire into the Gallic Empire, the Palmyrene Empire the Italian Empire proper.
    -the main story will end with the restoration of the empire and the assassination of Aurelian
    -the story could be extended with a DLC about Constantine the Great and the officialization of Christianity
    -the game could include a family of assassins, with mechanics inspired by the Watch Dogs Legion in which you recruit assassins. Assassins can be killed, they can be promoted, they fall in love, make kids, create families, construct their house, can grow old , and die. Yes, it will be difficult to attach to a particular character. But I liked the Watch Dogs Legion recruitment system and I would like to see it implemented in an Assassin's Creed. The game takes place over a period of 100 years, so we could have many characters to attach to. We could recruit assassins from all social classes.
    -I would like to explore all the provinces of the Roman Empire: Rome and other large cities in the Italian peninsula , Gallia (France + Belgium), Hispania (Spain and Portugal), Raetia Noricum (Switzerland ), Thrace (Bulgaria), Asia Minor (Turkey), Syria and Judea, Africa Proconsularis, Mauretania (Tunisia and Morocco), Dacia (Romania), Dalmatia (Serbia), Mesopotamia (Iraq), Armenia, Egypt with all regions from Assassin's Creed Origins, Greece and Macedonia with all the city-states and regions from the Assassin's Creed Odyssey, southern England from the Assassin's Creed Valhalla. With great cities included like Antioch, Ravenna, Ephesus, Carthage, Londinium, Alexandria, Amorium, Athens, Mediolanum, Ulpia Traiana Sarmizegetusa , Lutetia Parisiorum, Thessalonika and Mystras. Even the Jerusalem with the ruins of the Temple.
    - I want to visit/revisit all the ancient wonders of the world : The Great Pyramid of Giza with the Sphinx, the Lighthouse of Alexandria, the Great Library of Egypt, the Statue of Zeus and the Pantheon in Greece, the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus in Asia Minor, the Suspended Gardens of Babylon, and even the ruins of the Colossus of Rhodes, with his head down besides his ripped legs+ Hadrian Wall in England.
    -I want to customize a roman house (Villa) and even work for money (dennarii) when I don't do assassination missions, like in Skyrim .
    -I could send an assassin to get involved in a civil war between generals claiming the throne (to decide who could be emperor) ,or a battle with germanic invaders or a siege. And to buy, instruct, equip and prepare your own legion.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ADarklore
    194 posts

@concaitolist I absolutely agree!! The Roman era is my favorite period in history and have always wanted to visit... ancient Sparta was my second favorite, which is probably another major reason I loved Odyssey so much. There is so much that could be done with visiting the Roman era, it could expand way beyond what Odyssey offered... after all, the Roman Empire was HUGE in comparison.

• GameGuru2018
    212 posts

@concaitolist Don't you think that the game will be similar to Odyssey?
    The settings are too close.

The game needs a different setting and climate.
    The franchise needs variety.
    Even in epochs.

Otherwise it will be very predictable.

Game should slowly move to this one.....

• ADarklore
    194 posts

@gameguru2018 Do you know how VAST the Roman Empire was... it could include ALL of the Odyssey area AND England plus Europe and much more. Also keep in mind that Odyssey took place hundreds of years BEFORE the Roman empire... so a LOT would have changed.

I also think that they are moving AWAY from modern day experiences... so I don't foresee them adding anything from recent history. Last I heard they were considering "Richard the Lionheart" era for the next release, albeit that keeps changing and evolving. Something was said also about it jumping through different time periods as well- as they wanted to make it a 'game as a service' so theoretically they could add different periods throughout a single game.

• GameGuru2018
    212 posts

@adarklore No matter how vast the Roman Empire was. The heart is Rome. Too close to Odyssey setting.
    Britain was in Valhalla.

The time interval between Odyssey and Rome should be longer.
    Even in terms of development and technologies, it will be better. The difference will be more noticeable.
    Otherwise we will have Odyssey 2.0.

Lionheart - is Britain again.
    Unlikely!
    The franchise can be accused of anglocentrism.

Suggested Topics