Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Kristoffel10
    Original poster 8 posts

I think I'm missing something important in this game: What am I supposed to do with all these (inferior) weapons & gear I keep accumulating?

What I have, I already upgraded. Whenever I acquire new gear it's never as good as what I've already got. I can't break down the new gear or sell it. I could upgrade the new gear and switch to it, but.... why? I don't really want to experiment with pikes or two-handed axes, or switch from my Raven gear to Berserker gear, so if my axe, shield, & armor are fine as they are,... what am I missing?

Why would I want to do that? I understand that different items have different special bonuses but....uh... the differences aren't big enough to switch. Can someone help me understand this..., e.g. what Ubisoft intended with this?

There's so much new gear but even the special items marked in gold on the map never seem to be particularly impressive. ??

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• lemmie88
    235 posts

I agree with you. Idk why I switch outside of cosmetic reasons. I DO really enjoy seeing the different weapon animations, but choosing between the same weapon type is a non-issue. It would be more interesting if we could actually have different builds, gear to complement them, and have combat that was more affected by them. But as it is, the stats seem broken and Eivor is so overpowered that it just doesn't matter.

I suspect Ubisoft wanted to foster a 'gotta catch 'em all' mentality by taking away the loot drops and making the few found gear items seem like a bigger deal than it is. Get people hyped to buy gear that comes out in the store.

• As1r0nimo
    107 posts

Different gear has different stats. Including less incoming damage or increase in speed.

But the thing is, that you will notice the difference only when you build around it. For example, there is a set that increases your attack speed. Pair it with runes, with weapons with certain speed boost and will see the difference like really a lot.

In Odyssey we had gear that boosts our power like x2/x3 etc. Here the gear boosts us for x2 at max. Is it good or bad? Subjective

• ADarklore
    175 posts

@as1r0nimo Well in Odyssey, each dropped weapon had random stats, so you always had the chance of gaining better weapons than you currently had. In Valhalla, that's not the case. Once you've maxed your weapon and gotten the best runes, that's it... no more upgrading. In Odyssey, I always had to check the weapons that I acquired to see if they were better or not... I enjoyed that... with Valhalla, gear eventually becomes pointless unless you enjoy switching builds all the time, which I don't. At first I was loving dual spears... then I acquired dual short swords and love playing those even better. But once build is set, that's it... nothing more to upgrade. Eventually you reach a dead-end in your builds... something that didn't happen as quickly in Odyssey.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics