ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 3 Likes/6 Replies/198 Views
    AnimusLover
    Original poster 263 posts

Before I give my list I just wanna say I'm really enjoying Far Cry 6. It started off strangely to say the least with all the traditional perks and skill upgrades being locked to gear but I've grown to enjoy it. However, it is rather unpolished mechanically and needs a lot of small little improvements that aren't necessarily bug related:

- The slow-mo celebration at the end of every successfully completed activity that removes your HUD in the process has got to go. It's annoying and especially obstructive when you're following the road and can no longer view the mini map. (Yes, I'm aware I can set my vehicle/horse to auto follow but sometimes I like to take the wheel myself.)

- If we can't talk to an NPC without directly facing them then don't show the prompt until we can. I find myself spamming square (or X for those on xbox) and not having the interaction start just because the game is fussy about where the player stands.

- The Preston Garvey NPCs are on a first name basis with Dani so they can just radio her info as she's moving away. No need to force the player to hear the full transcript.

- Not having a loadout in a game that's all about having the right tool for the right job is extemely foolish...

- If we must have quests that can only be done at night the ability to rest is vital. You can't assume that every player wants to do other activities to pass the time.

- Night time needs to be longer! The game is gorgeous at night (especially at sundown).

- Map needs a legend toggle. I'm not simply not going to scan the entire map for things I've already discovered.

- Optional FND camps objectives don't show as being compeleted once completed. Why? The player needs that feedback for intel downloads, as an example, since they'll be distracted picking off enemies while it's downloading.

- In special ops there needs to be a 'start mission' button...

- It's jarring not being able pet amigos in the main faction camps. I understand that it's because there is restricted access to mechanics in that third person mode but still.

- Likewise, not being able to have amigos ride in a vehicle with you is very silly. All it does is result in them getting ran over by NPCs and the player having to get out to revive them. Not fun.

- Climbing is really bad, sorry. I don't know what happened between New Dawn and now but it seems almost broken. There are objects that Dani should be able to climb but can't. Why is it so fussy? Why do we need to wait for the 'climb' prompt? I don't recall FC5 or New Dawn being this rigid.

That's all for now. I'm curious to hear other players' QOL suggestions.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• AnimusLover

@animuslover Also, just to add that if you can't add in loadouts for whatever reason then at least put items in alphabetical order so the player doesn't have to hunt high and low for his/her own gear...

• Kormac67
    1023 posts

From top of my head:

Dumbest mechanic in the game:
    your helicopter vanishes right in front of you eyes and a guy shows up uncalled for and brings you the useless car instead.
    On the starting island which has no heli spot.

Meditate is sorely missed, I hate running around at night.

Diving needs an air bar. And space should return you to the surface. Just look at Odyssey swimming/diving.

Option to hide supremo in town, like head gear.

Add "dismiss amigo" to the "summon amigo" menu.

Alpha animals should be distinguishable from normal animals.

Barracuda fishing spots should allow to catch, well, barracudas.

Tradable meat/fish needs a cooking pot symbol in the picture if they can also be used for recipes.

• Skormy-Skormy
    5 posts

This game is too good and near perfection, which is all the more reason to give feedback and hope that it will reach its full potential! You know, from "99% amazing" to "100% amazing" 🐱

I agree with OP's post, but have to add:

Gameplay

• flying close to the ground should properly reveal your surroundings on the Map
    • move the location name display elsewhere: they shouldn't cover the minimap everytime they pop up
    • fix the Binocular/Phone zoom: when using Binoculars/Phone and using the mouse-wheel too early, it switches from the Binoculars/Phone to your next weapon, while all you want is to zoom in already
    • fix the dismount-to-ground collision and animations: if I dismount from a horse or vehicle too early, I fall halfway through the ground 90% the time, then get up from there, not properly onto the ground
    • fix enemy respawns: certain locations have weird respawn habits for enemy guards, you walk 5 meters, then go back 5 meters and the guards you've just killed 10 seconds ago are back to their station

Technical

• fix autosave causing stutters: there's an extreme number of threads about this across the franchise already, this half second stutter is especially noticeable when picking up items, and it is not a hardware related issue
    • uncap the framerate of cutscenes: 30 fps is simply not enough, it looks choppy and weird
    • fix the VRAM indicator in the Video settings: the HD texture pack is not "just +1Gb VRAM", the display is broken and the game will attempt to load in with the HD texture pack but the VRAM limitations will cause some textures blurring out randomly
    • fix vehicle pop-ins: sometimes vehicles, especially aircraft just "appears" and pops in, FarCry 5 also had this oddity happening a lot

Can't think of anything else, I must go liberate a gorgeous tropical island! Cheers 😻

• AnimusLover

@kormac67 Agree about tradeable fish needing an icon if it can be cooked. Also, fishing in general needs a proper tutorial because it's counterintuitive at the moment. I know you're supposed to pull in the direction the right joystick dictates but it's often wrong. Fishing doesn't work like that...

• WHlTELIONX
    4 posts

- Likewise, not being able to have amigos ride in a vehicle with you is very silly. All it does is result in them getting ran over by NPCs and the player having to get out to revive them. Not fun.

I guess it depends on the vehicle I had K-9000 jump through the window of a car and ride with me 🙂 But yeah for most of the vehicles it is a pain

Suggested Topics