Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• N3mB0t
    Original poster 295 posts

been using a cool TP skill build with overwatch , hits hard and gives multiple team buffs, but what has been making me scratch my head is the explosion damage from a fuly debuffed enemy , it always feels underwhelming , no matter if you kill a red or a fully armoured elite.

i went in the test range and there it doesnt matter what you kill , the damage of the explosion is always the same, it just changes depending if the target of said explosion has armour or not.

i will try to run more tests with actual gameplay and not just the range but im curious to know if any of you guys has tested this more in detail and has something to add.

ohhh , just on a side note , the 5 meters explosion radius is already small as it is ,on top of that having the NPC´s run away from each other as soon as they have the full flag as an AI standard practise only helps make this explosion even more irrelevant.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• xcel30
    330 posts

Wasn't the damage based on the enemy HP? It's possible it's bugged and using just weird base HP instead of adding the veterancy multipliers and number of players in the squad, this is just me guessing of course

• N3mB0t

@xcel30
    that´s what i understood too , but i have been paying attention and the numbers in the field are consistent with the ones on the test range , meaning it does not work ,not as intended at least.

• Noxious81
    368 posts
    (...) the damage of the explosion is always the same, it just changes depending if the target of said explosion has armour or not. (...)

So... it is not always the same? I have to admit that I haven't used a 4pcs build TP for a long time, but that description sounds like what the Gear Set promises: the explosion scales with the total health and armor of the enemy killed.

So when killing a red bar, the explosion will scale only with his tiny and weak red health bar.

When killing a veteran, the explosion will change due to a higher combined pool of the purple health bar plus the armor bar.

So what would be interesting to check is, whether killing an elite enemy will cause an explosion with a higher damage than the explosion of a veteran. Because the combined pool of health and armor of an elite of course is higher than the one from a veteran.

• N3mB0t

@noxious81

what happens is that the explosion has always the same value no matter the type of enemy , around 1 mil to health or around 1.2 if its armour.

• Noxious81
    368 posts

Yesterday I quickly slapped on four random pieces of TP and went to the shooting range for some testing. And I found out that every explosion did the exact same amount of damage:

Killing a red bar caused an explosion dealing 2.1 million damage.
    Killing a veteran (who has a combined pool of health and armor) caused an explosion dealing 2.1 million damage.
    Killing an elite (who has an even bigger combined pool of health and armor) caused an explosion dealing 2.1 million damage.

This definitely does not look like the explosion's damage would scale with the total pool of armor and health of the killed enemy. Though I still have to test this "in the real world" to confirm these findings...

• xcel30
    330 posts

It's quite funny how many bugs are out there in the open but nobody really finds them because it requires using something that nobody really cares about such as TP gear set

• N3mB0t

@noxious81

thank you for trying , the damage seems to be based out of something in our builds , i had a dieferent number but as consistent as yours.

i just wonder what is the explosion scaling of instead of enemy armour , could it be our armour ? i believe i was around 1.1 armour when i tested it...

• N3mB0t
    It's quite funny how many bugs are out there in the open but nobody really finds them because it requires using something that nobody really cares about such as TP gear set

this days a lot of people are running TP due to the new skill based TP set trend.

• xcel30
    330 posts

@n3mb0t Could be scalling of enemy type, so all shooting targets are just the same type, while if you try against a live enemy a rusher might have different value from a granadier but not scale with their veterancy or group

• N3mB0t

@xcel30
    nahh , its the same damage no matter what the enemy is , this is bugged.

• xcel30
    330 posts

@n3mb0t better make a bu: report about it, otherwise a fix will never see the light of day

Suggested Topics