ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AssCacti
    Original poster 4 posts

This thing is riddled with bugs, but even worse the game itself has major design issues. You can't review the game in ubisoft connect and oh look ubisoft didn't opt in to allow reviews on Epic Games. No surprise there.

Bugs aside (and there are plenty) - The game is vague in too many areas w/o adequate explanations on using the interface. You're forced to sit through long boring cut scenes that don't add much to the story compared to their length.

Suddenly my character is now in 3rd person mode??? Perhaps you could tell the player. I wonder how many players thought it was a glitch. Here you go - we're gonna switch you from 1st to 3rd person and not tell you. We also aren't going to allow you to control the camera distance when in that mode so you just gotta deal with it. Are you kidding?

Did you guys just completely ignore nvidia cards? Sure feels like it. Do you know how many folks use nvidia on PC? One can't help, but wonder that this must have something to do with the fact that both xbox and Play Station use AMD gpu's.

This thing is so poorly done. It has such great potential, but heavily marred by bad design choices and bugs, bugs, bugs. Good thing you didn't put it on steam right away. Steam won't let publisher's hide from user reviews.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

@asscacti The enemy spawn rate isn't quite right, but it's GOTY for me (and best of the series).

• AssCacti
    Original poster 4 posts

@sofajockey I wish that had been my experience. I'm a big fan of FC series, but I'm so soured on this one. I thought FC 3, 5 and New Dawn were great.

• Virtual-Chris
    807 posts

@sofajockey … We all know you get a special version of any game that has less issues 😛

• rickidoo2010
    148 posts

I 'm running on PC with an Nvidia 1080Ti and its been running beautifully. As far as the 3rd person views which occur in camp and cut scenes, for those of us that enjoy an immersive story to go along with combat they add a lot. I'm not sure what UBI was suppose to do, flash a message before the cut scene "warning: 3rd person cut scene ahead!" ??

I'm sorry you are having a bad experience.

I've played all the main FC games and they always launch with some amount of bugs and things that need adjustment. Most will be patched out. So far at least (about half way through the game), its been a lot of fun to play and with just one exception for me, no game busting bugs.

• AssCacti
    Original poster 4 posts

@rickidoo2010 Im glad its running well for you. I love great storytelling, but the length of a cut scene or the amount of cut scenes does not directly translate into immersive storytelling. Just because a movie is 3.5 hours long does not make it good. FC 6 has a great plot, but execution is everything. I may be spoiled - i thought the FC 5 cut scenes were fantastic. And to be honest, the cut scenes feel too long to me, but its really the least of my issues. I can certainly skip them if I want.

I'm not talking about 3rd person in cut scenes which is completely fine. I'm talking about navigating the game in 3rd person mode. I was in first person mode, now I'm at a camp and my character now moves through the camp using 3rd person perspective which is only used inside the camp. So i have to move the character around the camp now in 3rd person perspective and then it switches back to first person once you leave. This is not a cut scene. So, yah - tell me why my character is now in 3rd person. I'm sure there is some logical reason for it, but you might want to share that.

And you're right. They will fix the bugs (hopefully), but by the time its a fully working game - the price will have dropped in half. Maybe that's why I'm upset. I paid full price for a buggy game and I should have waited so I could pay half price for a fully working game. At $60, I want a better experience when playing the game.

@rickidoo2010 - Out of curiosity - what's your rig specs? I'm running a EVGA Nvidia 2060. Not the end all be all of cards, but a decent middle of the road card.

• rickidoo2010
    148 posts

@asscacti I-9700K intel, 32GB ram, Samsung EVO SSD for games and one for system. Win 10 pro. The vid card is a 1080Ti Zotac, 8GB. Screen resolution 2560 x 1440.

• AssCacti
    Original poster 4 posts

@rickidoo2010 Thanks!

• flybyme
    212 posts

@rickidoo2010 Yes, I too have no issues with this game and really enjoyed it. I have finished the main game and are now going round collecting the idols etc. Intel i5 10600K and an Asus GTX 1060 6 GB card.

Suggested Topics