Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 756 posts

Why is it that opening an apparel cache is like opening the Holy Ark of the Covenant? FFS… could they make this opening animation anymore obnoxious? It’s just a useless piece of poorly textured clothing. The dev team that thought this was appropriate must have been high on LSD or something. Ugh.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Adrian-11
    798 posts

@virtual-chris

Some people buy that useless stuff with real money... and they need to feel like they purchased something of importance, hence the "unboxing" animation/event.

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 756 posts
    @virtual-chris

Some people buy that useless stuff with real money... and they need to feel like they purchased something of importance, hence the "unboxing" animation/event.

I bought an outfit from the store and it didn’t come with nonsense animation. It was just added to the rest of my clothing.

Are you saying people buy random apparel caches with real money? That’s crazy… don’t make the rest of us suffer through this for some fake sense of gratification. Good lord.

I have 30 caches I will likely never open as they offer zero value to me and o don’t want to sit through that animation dozens of times.

• N3mB0t
    361 posts

@virtual-chris
    i have now over 1k caches stored , gonna own any apparel events😂 🤑

• dagrommit
    784 posts

Heh, it's an improvement over Div 1 where you get an animation of the vendor lifting a crate over, complete with voice line, and the crate opening animation.

Are you saying people buy random apparel caches with real money?

People will sometimes buy apparel event cache keys as those are time limited events.

• V4MPiR1
    114 posts

@virtual-chris

Why is it that opening an apparel cache is like opening the Holy Ark of the Covenant? FFS… could they make this opening animation anymore obnoxious? It’s just a useless piece of poorly textured clothing. The dev team that thought this was appropriate must have been high on LSD or something. Ugh.

Actually, it's behavioral science.

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2343767-Any-chance-of-introducing-something-new-to-spend-textiles-on?p=15434380&viewfull=1#post15434380 (esp. #2)

Suggested Topics