ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• usafirefly7
    Original poster 55 posts

After Red Dead Redemption 2 fishing and now this ... you actually HATE fishing. Upgrade using all your gun powders and etc. and the line snaps constantly. What an aggravating throw the fishing garbage thing --- away. Cast it far away!

Anyone else feel this way too?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• AnimusLover
    423 posts

@usafirefly7 They ruined the fishing in this as no matter what bait or upgrades you put on the line it doesn't matter and seemingly is based on luck. The directions on screen for tiring out the fish makes no sense because that's not how you tire out fish...

btw RDR2 fishing broke my controller lol but at least the fishing there was consistent.

• katzenkrimis71
    233 posts

Upgrade using all your gun powders and etc.

---

I did a ton of fishing for the first 60 hours, until I realized that fishing wasn't necessary in this game.

At 77 hours I have thousands of resources. I don't need any more fish.

As far as the line breaking, I've only had it happen twice from a fish, and about four times from the line hitting obstacles. It rarely happens if you know what you're doing. The line clearly turns red when there is too much tension on the line.

You also have to keep your rod to the far right, far left, or in the middle, depending on what the mouse directional arrows are telling you to do. You can't just yank and reel like a moron.

Also, if you hover your mouse curser over the map icon of the particular fish that you are fishing for, it will give you a hint as to which lure to use. On top of that, you can wear the full fishing gear set for even more bonuses for fishing, which I wore exclusively, even during combat, for the first 60 hours playing this game.

You could say that I am a master at fishing in this game, which is nothing to be proud of, but when I hear you say stuff like, "The line snaps constantly." or "It's all based on luck."

That's total BS.

If you told me to catch a catfish right now I could do it on the first try, 100% guaranteed. And I could catch about 30 of them in less than 5 minutes. So, you guys clearly have no idea what you are doing. You'd better stick to gunplay. If you're any good at it.

• Kormac67
    1144 posts

@usafirefly7 Stop rolling in when the line turns orange.

• AnimusLover
    423 posts

@katzenkrimis71 Oh shut up, troll. Such a long winded post to write such rubbish. Considering I have the platinum for both ps5 and ps4 which requires you to catch 10 fish I clearly "know what I'm doing". I'm not saying it's impossible but it does seem random at times.

Yes, I know the colour of the line indicates when it's about to snap and I also have all gear sets so I can change to the angler set at will. But the directions on screen are all over the place, seemingly changing joystick direction on a dime.

• SnakeFist420
    69 posts

Works perfectly on keyboard and mouse. Caught over 200 fish in less then 10 minutes and never had a line break yet.

Suggested Topics