ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• jj502jj
    Original poster 1 posts

Re: [Crashing to desktop PC](/topic/113408/crashing-to-desktop-pc)
    I've been playing with no issues since booting up my PC with a clean ver. of win10 64 bit. I have the game files on another ssd and a clean ver. of win on the boot ssd along with ubisoft connect....

boot ssd: win 10 bare/clean + ubisoft app
    game ssd: div. 2

prior to this the game was unplayable as it would not load characters and if loaded would soon crash before I could start any new characters
    so, it looks like the clean ver. of win fixed it....I now have two boot drives; a bare win 10 boot drive and then my orig. win 10 boot drive with my old apps...obviously, when I play div , I will boot on the bare win 10 drive.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Adrian-11
    897 posts

@jj502jj

This points to the C++ redistributables. On the bare SSD, you only have the one specific to TD2, therefore the game doesn't get "confused" re which one to use.

I assume on the old drive you have other applications and games, which usually install their own C++ required libraries, so you probably have a bunch of them installed there. Looks like TD2 goes to the wrong libs and that causes an access violation and CTD. If they had some interest in it, they should be able to fix it relatively quickly. i.e. making sure the game goes to the right lib. Key words here being "interest" and someone to do it...

• Habugii
    23 posts

@adrian-11

Sadly its not a VC Redist version related error, i mentioned it in my thread, tried with the game's own C++ redistributables and different ones too.

The reason of some players often feels they resolved the issue is the fact, they had a clean Windows install.
    Its still a memory leak in the game, nothing to do with the softwares around it, they can play for longer periods between CTD's only because a new/fresh Win10 consumes less RAM, and thats all.

Save your time guys, i expained everything and wasted enough time to be able to aim.., its the game's fault, bug in the code, an old one.

Suggested Topics